PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th April 2017

Options

Comments

• spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have so many things to do each day I've opened an account with Remember the Milk, which I can check on my phone as well as on the computer. The flylady thread is also helping me do at least something tangible alongside all of that other stuff, and now I'm adding it to Remember the Milk as well.

On Tuesday I flicked away some cobwebs from the landing ceiling and set the smoke alarm off! :eek: So at least I know that one is already done for today! :D

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and dining room
    Level One...

Clear and wipe work surfaces
    Open the windows and let in the spring!

Extras
    Let chickens out, check food/water and collect eggs
    Feed/water garden birds
    Feed/water pets (2 cats, 1 dog)
    Put through, hang up and put away 1 washload (3 in all)
    Empty dishwasher, load dishwasher
    Put liner in blue wheelie bin (dustmen complaining about emptying this so may have to take the cardboard and plastics/glass/cans to the tip ourselves)
    Boil eggs for week's packed lunches #1 (of 2)
    Put chickens to bed

Mad Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Level One...

Get rid of any cobwebs that have moved in...
    Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace

Open the windows and let in some fresh air

Extras
    Walk dog
    Feed/water garden birds
    Take any recyclables to bins
    Put chickens to bed

Wacky Wednesday ~ Study or other reception room & bathrooms
    Level One...

Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Ring someone you love just to tell them so.. we never do this enough!
    I tell him all the time! :o

Extras
    Walk dog
    Feed/water garden birds
    Empty bins
    Take grey bin out
    Put chickens to bed

Thrilling Thursday ~ Master bedroom & landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Clean lightshades. And remove dead insects
    Fling open the window and let in the spring!

Extras
    Walk dog
    Feed/water garden birds
    Bring grey bin in
    Put chickens to bed
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Only just got on here so will print the list off and do what I can. Done 2 x typing jobs this morning and then had to take Z for her dental appointment as her brace has broken yet again! Had lunch with DH, hung up wet washing on midden and put another load in which will partly go on the rest of the midden and left overs on the shower rail! Having a counselling session at 4.45 - doing it a bit different today as me and friend are walking the dogs together instead of having it in Church.

Spendaholic what's Remember the Milk? Never heard of that!

Narco how long does it generally take you to do a report? The one we had for S was huge and went into so much detail that I can't imagine that it's a quick thing at all.

Honey Bear how's the painting going?!! Well done on all the paperwork you're sorting.

ATB good luck with finding a babysitter; we struggle too though to be honest don't need one very often. Bet you can't wait to get the boiler sorted now it's gone colder again.

GI good luck to DS with the interview!

Lynne I haven't heard of whooping cough for ages. Hope the results come back clear for you.

Right, enough putting off housework .... going to get going now (or when I've finished the cup of tea DH brought in ..... one of the perks of him being at home all the time)!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh! I cleaned my bedroom this morning :T

In between grocery shopping, appointments and studying that is lol.

DS getting a lift home from football hurrah its throwing it down here. Will bring DD home after gymnastics and get her in the bath!

God I love Thursday's :rotfl:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The shower room is sparkly, the twin bedroom has been spring cleaned and I've planted a dozen or so strawberry plants and given the pear tree a really good watering. OH has tackled some stuff that needed doing in the garden and is now trying to wriggle out of going tomorrow. No chance buster.
    Better is good enough.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all. Very bleugh day at therapy today, came home and slept for three hours with the pup curled up next to me. He didn't move for the whole 3 hours..he must have needed it. But his little paws didn't half smell of cookies when he woke up. I woke up to two cats on top of me and him curled up next to me...lol

Forgot it was me cooking tea tonight so I decluttered an Indian takeaway from our lovely Indian up in the village. :D

Oooh my Drs surgery was in the national papers today.. It was with an article about lack of Dr's etc.. and in the middle of this was a piece on my surgery Iwade Surgery in Sittingbourne. 6,000 patients and not a single permanent dr as ours has left due to restraints!! They are getting locums in as and when!!

Well I decluttered them yesterday...lol. Both the husband and myself have registered at our village surgery, which is only 5 mins walk away. It has 4 regular Drs, and weirdly one of them is my Dr from years ago :D Plus the surgery has a much better feel about it and it is only small, and has two receptionists and one nurse :D So much more informal and you feel like a person there not a number. :D

Dave is now back at work full time, with one day working from home every week - this is something the Bank has all the bosses doing now. He is looking so much better too, and almost back to his old self.

Weirdly now he has got rid of his weird rash I have come up in a rash on the lower half of both of my legs..but it's only a line going upwards. Shall be keeping an eye on it :D

My "sister" is back from Wales tonight ready for her knee operation in a weeks time. Then she is staying in her old house for 2 weeks and then I am going back to Wales with her for a few days, with the pup. Really looking forward to it, although not looking forward to the long journey there I can tell you...lol Going will be fine as I will have company but coming back won't be so fun as it'll just be me...oh and pup too.. :(

Haven't done any flying the past couple of days, not sure what I've been up to tell you the truth but have to do some tomorrow.. Even if it's just hoover and change the bed :P

Hugs and spoons to everyone xxx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Work done, shopping done, dinner cooked, kitchen tidied, tomorrow's lunches made. And flop on the sofa with a cuppa. :coffee:
    Hugs, sticks and spoons to everyone who needs them.
    Good night all. X
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Oooh that would be such a great question! It's because you don't compile reports using 'standard paragraphs' - each report is written individually to meet the needs of the student being assessed and some of the people referred have very complex needs. Because of that you like to take your time to mull over their needs before you sit down to write the report, and after it's written, to reflect that it dealw with all of their issues before submitting it. No? (That's not faking it, by the way, it's what I've picked up about how you work from your posts. I've just precised it.)

Thanks, that sounds good! Unfortunately there is a set turnaround time stated in the contract.....however, for the really complex ones I generally grab a few words with the manager so she knows why it's taking a while. I'm guessing if they were really concerned they wouldn't have offered me the interview, as she is part of the panel.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Narco how long does it generally take you to do a report? The one we had for S was huge and went into so much detail that I can't imagine that it's a quick thing at all.

Well I have to admit I'm not good at sitting down and going from start to finish. When I trained, years ago and things were less complex, they said it would take about 6hrs. A nice straightforward just dyslexic who has previously been assessed and has English as their first/only language I could probably do in a day (that isn't working solidly for a day. I do have quite a few standard phrases on Autotext (the existence of which I am eternally grateful), partly so I describe things consistently and partly to save time. However as it is more common for them to have more than one condition plus additional languages....or just for a change, today's had some hearing loss......all interesting but time consuming. I hope S has benefited from his report.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Limited flying here today, though have written myself an enormous list for tomorrow, will see how much I get done.

Most of today was spent helping DH move around due to the pain in his back, ended up getting him an emergency docs appt who then prescribed tramadol and amatriptoline (?). Cue one out-of-it DH!!
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2017 at 7:12AM
    Options
    Looks like the virus I acquired at the beginning of the Easter hols isn't done with me yet, so this week has been like wading through treacle and I concentrated on dailies. I'm updating the list anyway, in case I've got some energy after work today.

If it's gone it's either done or it didn't need doing this week.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and dining room

Clear and wipe work surfaces - WIP
    Sweep and Mop the floor
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from DW's, WM's etc
    Wipe the cupboard fronts, all the appliances and manky corners!!
    Empty and clean out the fridge.. including the drain hole bit
    Clean oven
    Empty a cupboard, clean it and replace what you wish to keep!
    HHI
    Clean windows and sills

Mad Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Get rid of any cobwebs that have moved in...
    Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace
    Open the windows and let in some fresh air
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Vacuum under the furniture you can move
    Clean windows, pictures, mirrors etc.
    Change any lightbulbs that need doing!
    Vacuum hall and stairs.. all the way up to the top!!!!!
    Wipe woodwork in the hall and stairs & wipe front door.. inside and out!
    Clean out your handbag.. how many receipts??
    Trip to tip and charity shop to clear the car boot

Wacky Wednesday ~ Study or other reception room & bathrooms
    Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Ring someone you love just to tell them so.. we never do this enough!
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles and defragment the pc while doing this.
    Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
    Declutter and dust the pc desk
    Wipe away cup rings and sticky things
    Wipe the keyboard, mouse, cables and sockets and suchlike.
    Clean the windows.
    Clear a hotspot
    Degunge around the bottoms of the taps!
    Wipe cupboards and polish mirrors!

Thrilling Thursday ~ Master bedroom & landing
    Clean lightshade. And remove dead insects
    Fling open the window and let in the spring!
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers.
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort 10 things from your wardrobe (or someone elses) that you can get rid of..
    Clear a hotspot.. or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    33 fling boogie time, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Clean windows in these rooms
    Clear a box of clutter from the landing
    Make any necessary phone calls

Freaky Friday ~ Childrens/Spare rooms
    Clear the floor
    Vacuum the floor
    Deweb and fluff the room
    Strip the beds and wash those sheets.. and any duvets that need doing
    Drag the stuff from under the beds and place it in it's proper homes!
    Make hair appointment
    Clean the windows
    Wash any curtains/throws/cushions etc that need it
    Wipe sticky marks from walls and doors
    Clean any tv's, pc's playstations in the room
    15 minutes filing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income