PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th April 2017

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HB, be sure to check that the stud isn't too tight and remember to keep turning them gently. No other advice I'm afraid.

I have dusted some dusty bits in the LR and done a very quick hoover through. The dogs have had a second short walk.

Need to get cracking on the sandwiches for event next. I have to be there in two hours.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I had my ears pierced last week :eek: and I've been swabbing them with salty water as instructed but the right one is a teensy bit reddish and slightly sensitive to the touch today. Can anyone suggest anything other than just swabbing it more frequently, or is that all I need to do at this stage?
    Jazee wrote: »
    HB, be sure to check that the stud isn't too tight and remember to keep turning them gently. No other advice I'm afraid.........
    As Jazee said ^^^^ but you could also try some alcohol such as gin/vodka as well. Also check you don't have a hair caught in there as that can cause an infection :)
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Done lots of little bits today, as well as a deep clean of the bathroom :A

I have re-homed two large carriers of bits to the chazza, and have another donation bag underway. I consider us to be quite minimalist people, especially considering when I see how many toys etc other people have compared to us, so where the ???? does it all come from?!

It has just hailed here :eek: but the sun is out now, so hopefully it will stay dry enough for the school run. Onwards! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    Options
    Update:
    [STRIKE]- finish writing a thankyou card
    - email DD
    - phone DSiL[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]find/[/STRIKE]buy and send wedding card
    [STRIKE]- put away aired washing
    - S&S bathroom and ensuite[/STRIKE] - chaos ensued as the shower head over the bath (only used when DGC are staying) had clogged up with limescale (in a soft-water area?????) and sprayed water everywhere :rotfl:
    [STRIKE]- dusteronnastick round LR and DR
    - persuade DH to hoover downstairs floors
    - QHI
    - turn up new blue jeans so that I can wear them this evening
    - sort books and papers for this evening
    - skim read 2 thick books which I can't renew because they have been reserved by other people (I've had them since the end of last term :o) - I might have to put another reservation on them for next week if they're any good[/STRIKE] -
    have copied a few useful pages

- go to college - on my way in a few minutes :)
    - transfer holiday photos from phone to PC
    - write overdue German email

Not bad!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the pierced ear info. It's marginally better this evening and not too tight, so I'm sloshing more salty water on it.

Devil Cat's biopsy results are back. V grim. OH devastated. Devil Cat will have a diet of beef, chicken and chipolatas from now on with a shred of tuna every now and then. I'm defrosting a steak for OH to cook for him. Bu**er cat food.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Long drive done, very warm in the car and the sun was out, coast as windy and white horses out to sea.

Back home it is now hailing here

Minor daily stuff done only
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry about the kitty-news HB xx
    We've been to the vet too. Boy pig now renamed as "bumpy Bertie". I've had to separate them for the night and bring them back indoors for a week or so. They also have some mite treatment. I've made the pen a bit bigger, put a divider down the middle, and amazingly they are both laid either side of the divider - as close as they can get :D usually they avoid each other :rotfl: and never snuggle. Lol.

My desk was beautifully tidy. Until DD came home <rollseyes> and I have tidied throughout downstairs. Will head upstairs with them soon, and continue in bedrooms.

Have a pile of confiscated toys in spare room - having a few behaviour blips with DD (where has my gentle little angel gone :() that I need a home for.

Have put the bin out, it's full but I also have a bag of hutch hay to fling - might sneak it into next doors. I've had to empty and disinfect the hutch in case there are mite eggs :( _pale_

Won't be around tomorrow - college.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry about the cat news HB x. I can't add much to what others have said about pierced ears, just turn and turn and clean. I do remember using a Sav1on spray ( a wet spray, not their dry one) for DD on recommendation. It seemed to work.
    Hello again Mumof2 :wave:

Well it has now stopped sleeting here. This afternoon the temperature dropped 9 degrees in 20 minutes! Managed to tidy, dust and vac the living room when I got home. Kitchen cooked in and now tidied. Have just stripped and remade our bed, so the WM can run first thing tomorrow morning. Off to the hospital with DD in the morning, so any available posi vibes would be welcome.

Settling myself with a cuppa, hoping to watch some Masterchef on iplayer. Oh and I seem to have found some left over Easter chocolate ;)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bit of a fail on today's list front - mainly because I spent so long on the charity paperwork (still more to do)

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and dining room
    Level Three...
    Vacuum dining room
    Extras
    • Clean windows and sills
    • Attack pile of paperwork on kitchen windowsill - DONE. More than half recycled. Still to do - deal with remainder
    • Exercise... - DONE
    • Sort some toys from family room for NNS - started... an ongoing job this week
    • Charity paperworkPRIORITY this week - STARTED - YEAY!!!:j

Mad Tuesday ~ Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    15 minutes...
    Get rid of any cobwebs that have moved in...
    Remove clutter from floors, chairs and fireplace - DONE
    Open the windows and let in some fresh air - too bloomin' cold today! - plus the hail and sleet would've blown in! :rotfl:
    30 minutes to spare...
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Got an hour...
    Clean mirrors - DONE (+ tv and stooped glass tv stand)
    Vacuum hall and stairs.. all the way up to the top!!!!!
    Extras
    wipe front door.. inside and out!
    15 minutes filing/ dealing with paperwork from kitchen

Wacky Wednesday ~ Study or other reception room & bathrooms
    15 minutes...
    Clear the clutter from all these rooms!! - no chance of this being achieved - still a major toy fest from easter break!
    30 minutes to spare...
    Vacuum the floors (around the lego.....)
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Got an hour...
    Wash any mats etc that need doing - DONE last weekend
    Extras
    HHI..
    Degunge around the bottoms of the taps!
    Wipe cupboards and polish mirrors!
    Quick top up shopping trip

Hmm.... paperwork will still take priority tomorrow so will see how it goes :)
    Off to bed now.... zzzzzz....
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Well done on your list Iona - don't know how you manage to do so much
    Hiya Mumof2 - great to 'see' you back with us
    Sorry to hear about your moggie HB - sending 'be comfortable' vibes

My drawer challenge
    Day 1 - top drawer of dresser. Emptied, wiped and cutlery, mats etc replaced

Surgery telephoned and asked me to go for another throat swab t/m morning. Will have to ask the why and wherefore whilst there.

Sending hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories