A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Welcome to your fifties. Glad you had a happy birthday :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy birthday INOD and keep up the healthy eating :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 April 2018 at 10:51AM
    Options
    So, just had my weekly shaming from mr wii. I have just allowed pound after pound to go on and this has to stop. I need to retire my brain from thinking that sweet things are a treat. For me they are actually a slow and painful death. The task for today, apart from catching up on work stuff, is to take stock of the edibles we have and to deal with these appropriately.
    Yesterday I went to the low but regular paying job. Things are not good there. I was only nipping in for an hour or so and it took more than three hours to extricate myself. Also, they are having phone problems that really need to be resolved.
    Everyone has gone home and we are making inroads into the laundry mountain caused in part by extra beds being called into service. Today is a day when I need a really focused list that will include nap time which I consider to be the ultimate treat.
    Today I am grateful for
    Seasonal food discounts
    My freezer
    Just us being home
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Today I am grateful for
    Seasonal food discounts
    My freezer
    Just us being home
    Your gratitude list is the same for me today :)
    I have also struggled with weight this week :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    List didn't get written yesterday but I did have nap time! We also went to dinner as dd had a voucher that was expiring yesterday and, as the place was open, DH and I took advantage. However, with drinks and tips it ended up costing us £10. We should have stuck with water. It was good though so we returned home and bought another voucher ourselves as there was extra cashback and bonus available from tcb.
    A bit of budgeting was done and I've decided to start paying myself £500 per month. It's considerably less than minimum wage for the hours I'm doing but I will hopefully get to next April with a nice sum in the kitty. Today both dd (paid) and dh will be working for me which is good as it kinda forces me to get some things underway to facilitate this. I made veg soup yesterday so lunch is in place for today that will inch me towards my 5 a day. Right, really need to get a wiggle on.
    Today I am grateful for
    Focus
    Input from some family members
    The ability to heat my home on such a miserable day
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A belated welcome from me to the 50's club.
    It is ok xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another one wishing belated birthday wishes. Work sounds like it is picking up rather nicely too :D
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A batch of vegetable soup is always the way forward :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Belatedly - happy birthday, and welcome to the best decade yet. :)

I think most of the northern hemisphere probably needs to get back to healthy eating. Cold weather just isn't conducive to salads and suchlike, is it? Veg soup, on the other hand, is great. I vote for curried parsnip soup when the weather's as cold as it's been recently.

£500 a month will add up in no time, glad the business can do that for you! (Or rather, you can do it for yourself).
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure