We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is a brilliant description of anxiety, beats my 'sense of impending doom'. I shall steal that for future use.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope you have managed a good night's sleep last night inod and have managed to evict your "lodger."

Have to agree - potato bread sounds tasty!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    A tough few days. Two of the clients of the charity I work with died. They were both 23. I can't imagine what their families are going through. It does bring home though that debt can be dealt with. It seems so bad at the time but there is a way back.
    Today I am grateful for
    Paths taken that keep my family safe. What happened to these two could and does easily happen to so many others.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh my god that is awful, the poor families.

Dxxx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's so sad :(
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,447 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Terribly sad, and hard for you too. {{hugs}}
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A tough few days. Two of the clients of the charity I work with died. They were both 23. I can't imagine what their families are going through. It does bring home though that debt can be dealt with. It seems so bad at the time but there is a way back.
    Today I am grateful for
    Paths taken that keep my family safe. What happened to these two could and does easily happen to so many others.

Blimey.
    That brought me out in shivers.
    As you say I am also grateful for paths that keep my DS safe.
    There but for whatever go any one of us. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Certainly puts things into perspective....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Certainly puts things into perspective....

It does indeed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I am tired. An issue arose with someone I thought of as a good friend that has left me angry, upset, sad, etc and has cost me 2 nights' sleep. I'm still so annoyed. It is clouding everything for me as I'm wondering if I am that poor a judge of character, etc. she then sent me an apology and tried to justify her actions. I could have responded with a there, there response but I didn't. She has lied to me over something that really doesn't matter. I'm so so annoyed and I'm not going to gloss over things to make her feel better. Unfortunately, it will create an issue next week as we are due to meet up with others and I know she will still go. I wish that she wouldn't.

Today I am grateful for
    Inspirational tales on here
    Having made it to Friday
    My outfit for next week still fitting despite my 5lb gain in 3 weeks
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure