A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news about the refund and compensation :T Shame it's taken so long. Hope the other money materialises as well :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, I called about the other money. They confirmed that they hold the info needed and will now process it. Isn’t that nice? They have only ignored it for four months as it isn’t a standard transaction. So frustrating.

Yesterday was a bit of a write off dancing attendance on the inspection team half of which didn’t return after lunch meaning the others will be back today. Then after 4, the solicitor who is handling an employment matter emailed with a list of queries and requests for additional info that is needed by Friday but that she has been aware of for a month. Plus a bank lodgement is needed, etc. I’m also having trouble with the internet connection at that client which makes it difficult to manage other client work.

On the good news side, I contacted the friend who normally takes the dog for her summer holidays and she is delighted to get her hands on the furry one while we are on holiday. That’s one less big thing to worry about.
    Right need to get motoring.

Today I am grateful for
    Some appreciation from an unexpected source
    A good treatment last night
    Getting something timebounded off the to do list
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Inspection team had a team lunch scheduled yesterday so they will be back today. I’m due to meet a potential new client this morning so have advised when I will be available. I also need to get away early this evening for an appointment.

Yesterday there was a breakthrough on a staff matter plus a few other challenges to be addressed. I’m now focusing on what needs done pre holiday and trying to work through it. This includes running the builder to ground for him to finish up stuff while we’re away. I’m hoping to delegate that task to dh.

Today I need to be away early as if I can get to that client first,I can combine getting something done with them while meeting prospective new client. Plus I will get to park for free which is always a bonus.

Today I am grateful for
    Squeezing in a visit to my mum yesterday, I always feel guilty if I don’t make it down
    Remembering to and Being able to pay the credit card with holiday costs in full without dipping into emergency money
    Identifying an opportunity
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You have been busy! Great to hear the dog is responding to painkillers and has a holiday home with someone who obviously is happy to dog-sit.

And your persistence has paid off, literally, with regard to the bank account that wasn't. :)

I hope the rest of the inspection goes well. Not so long till your holiday now!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Glad the treatment went well and yay for the dog being sorted with someone who loves your dog :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I just don’t know how you do it all. I really don’t.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You've been so productive, well done :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annnd breathe - you have been busy - again
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    To be frank, I do the things I do with a lot of home and work support from dh that I sometimes feel bad about and also by shortchanging everything which I also feel bad about. One of my most prevalent emotions, after anger, is guilt. And a lot of this is down to knowing that if I was better at looking after myself, I’d have more energy to do the things I should be doing.

So the inspection team has been and gone and we have failed. This is consistent with every previous finding. I’m appalled that this has been allowed to continue like this. For the second week in a row I have a full rota so it’s now time to start to line up training for staff as I have some flexibility re backfill.

Yesterday there was the possibility of some new work that I need to follow up on Monday. I also got word that a prospect went elsewhere. Apparently this was due to personal connection with another provider which I’m ok about.

In other news, I finally got the letter to enable me to get my po money back. I will attempt that today. Today I am also getting my hair cut and coloured pre holiday that is primarily paid for by a voucher from ds for mother’s day. We are then being treated to lunch by friends though to be honest, it’s a day when I’d just sooner hibernate.

Today I am grateful for
    A lovely massage last night
    Saturday breakfast of tea and toast. I give myself the weekends off from porridge.
    Good feedback
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    WOW you do so much. I don't know how you would add anything else in.

glad you sorted dog care.hope you have a good weekend XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport