Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,365 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy hilidays :)
    Also can't remember when you go :o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You do sound super-busy. I hope the new member of staff is good. We also have new staff starting over the next few days so the place will be crowded for a while as they shadow existing staff but it's to be hoped they soon find their feet (before we are worked off ours).

Look after yourself.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    The holidays are still just over 3 weeks away but thank you all for your kind wishes. Work is keeping me busy but Posting has just dropped off as this diary is more a whinge fest than anything else. I wrote one post last week, lost it and decided it was the universe telling me that it was drivel!

I’m tired and grumpy except when I’m crying particularly over Corrie. I also am eating badly, and this is showing in my weekly weigh in and just how I feel in general. However, I have seen myself as completely deficient in one area in particular and I really need to address this.

Going forward, I intend to allocate at least 30 mins a day to friendship which includes posting here instead of just noseying into other people’s lives.

I’m also determined to stop myself being distracted from things that need done to avoid additional pressure. To help with this, I made a list last night of stuff to get done today. Anything that doesn’t get done, transfers to tonight’s list for tomorrow. This is a system that I used previously that worked. Sometimes when I was sitting down to do the next day’s list, I found myself more encouraged to do one or two small things rather than carry them over.

I have a busy week coming up but it should all be doable with focus. Tomorrow we have a concert for which tickets were provided months ago by ds as a birthday present. On Tuesday I am going for a treatment from a masseuse/ reiki practitioner. This may be the start of a 3 week run, it should be 4 weeks but I’ve a holiday to fit in. This lady comes highly recommended though I’m so far unsure of the cost.

Today I am grateful for
    Noticing a discount code in martin’s weekly email that will save £6 off the cost of dd’s Christmas present.
    A £1 voucher win from my wee tv surveys
    A friend getting in touch
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you have a good week x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    However, I have seen myself as completely deficient in one area in particular and I really need to address this.

If I may make a suggestion? Rephrase that as 'I can see I have the potential to do more in this area'. ;) :rotfl:
    I made a list last night of stuff to get done today. Anything that doesn’t get done, transfers to tonight’s list for tomorrow. This is a system that I used previously that worked. Sometimes when I was sitting down to do the next day’s list, I found myself more encouraged to do one or two small things rather than carry them over.

That is so true! When I get to the 'declutter' bit of my posts, I often try to find an easy win or two just so I can put something down. Being accountable certainly helps me be productive (as long as the pressure is from me. It's no good someone telling me to do something: I just rebel). Posting here is good, too. We are meant to function in community and it's much easier than going it alone.

Well done on the Christmas present saving. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I can only echo Cherry's excellent post!

And I hope you enjoy the concert tomorrow. The reiki/massage on Tuesday will do you some good too. Perhaps you could budget this in as a more regular event to help you unwind?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. The problem with the budget is that I don’t have one as such. Because I now pay myself about 30% of what I used to contribute to the household, I don’t feel that I can spend on me bar essentials. Essentials include hair colours and cuts when absolutely necessary, eyebrows, etc. Earlier this month I invested in new bras that were totally needed. Yesterday I allocated four to go to the shop that recycles. I need to shift my mindset re earnings as I completely disregard the year end money I withdraw from the business that covered rates, car insurance and kitchen building work. For all the time, dh and I have been together, I always earned more and contributed a lot more to the household as the offspring were mine not ours. He says he’s ok with it now, the issue, as with so many issues, is me.

Anyhow yesterday I got my just over 30 item list down to 17 for today. Hopefully I can get it down further.

This morning I spoke to dd. The furry faced one is becoming increasingly immobile and yesterday she was in pain when getting to her feet. A visit to the vet is required and I was giving dd the option of coming home for that. She has until tomorrow to let me know. I’m hoping it can be addressed with steroids.

Right, I need to get going or the list will only grow.

Today I am grateful for
    Time spent on a friendship
    Baked goods for Halloween turning out ok
    Containing the chaos by clearing up as I went along
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a non event. I’m not sure how much point there was in me turning up for work. After a healthy start to the day, I ate garbage constantly despite having an apple to try to stop other munchies. Dinner was toast and peanut butter then we went to the concert. I really couldn’t be bothered but was so glad when I got there as midge ure was as amazing as ever. Plus I got parked within a short distance to the venue so we were home before eleven.

Today I am meeting a client’s solicitor and am also supposed to see a friend for lunch but I emailed re time and haven’t heard back so she may be too busy. While out and about, I will also get some client banking done, pick up an item that’s in for repair and drop the bras in for recycling. I will also withdraw money to fund the reiki / massage though I’m not sure what the cost will be. I really should have checked.

Need to get the day underway. Today I am grateful for
    An enjoyable night out
    Easy parking
    An accommodating staff member
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yay for the reiki and massage sessions. Another one who thinks they should be built into your regular life in one way or another...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good night out x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories