A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    While dh tends to be the quiet type, he’s more likely to forget things completely rather than not mention them. I’d never heard of that website / book. I will have a look.

I’m not sure what the issue is with the non compliance. In part, they’ve gotten away for years with not being held to account, some are lazy, some are out of their depth and then there’s the resentment of me who tells them what to do. There appears to be a belief from some that the charity exists to give them employment and not to service the needs of its service users. I had 14 years in an industry where the customer is king. Just because this organisation is a provider of last resort, it shouldn’t mean that the customer should be taken for granted or shortchanged in terms of customer service.

Today I have a few client things to deal with. I am, as usual, tired but got away from the client earlier than anticipated just before seven. DH was on grass cutting duty so I grabbed a pizza from the supermarket along with the salad for dh’s lunches and custard (me) and vanilla ice cream (dh) to go with a gifted apple and blackberry crumble made with blackberries I’d gifted from the garden. It was lovely and just right for this time of year.

Today I am grateful for
    A gifted, very unexpected and crummy dessert
    Curl up time with the demanding pooch
    Clearing some desk space
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve been amazed at work this week after being off for a while- some staff are trying to choose who they work with (don’t want to work in challenging situations) team leader asked one to do a specific job to be told ‘I’d rather not’ - I was gobsmacked - not sure what’s got into folk these days - when I started out we worked in various areas and needed to be capable of dealing with differing needs, if they were challenging we changed our working practices to meet the needs. Some seem to think they go for the social side...what’s up with people?? So I can understand what you mean....
    Pleased you got your anniversary meal :T
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was a real mixed bag. Issues to deal with and some good news that I have been able to gain a sizeable grant for my client. I applied just under three months ago and am so inspired by the award. The staff however didn’t want to know. They just want to do what they do how they do it. It isn’t good. It does mean that I’m involved though hopefully not full time until the end of March.

Yesterday the chef was prepping stuff for the Saturday meeting and had shortbread left over so I dropped a piece into mum while dh got the other. I had what was left of the crumble.

Today there’s lots to do so I need to get a move on.

Today I am grateful for
    The cash for my client and the improvements it’ll bring
    Unexpected engagement from a disgruntled employee
    A call from dd
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the grant :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on getting the grant but I can understand why you find that client so frustrating!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done. Sorry about the attitude of the staff, which is short-sighted to say the least, but I'm sure the improvement for the people you support will far outweigh that, and at the end of the day that's the really important thing.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the grant :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes good news on the grant.
    Hope you’re getting chance to enjoy the sunshine :beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Working again today. Unfortunately it’s after a very disturbed night so I’m tired and running late.

Today I am grateful for
    sunshine
    A reduction in my gas charge
    Kindness
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope work isn't too onerous and you get a good night tonight.
    Our work is vastly understaffed this weekend which was going to be mega-stressful but... Last night was actually pretty quiet!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure