A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Elnora32
    Options
    Yesterday's gratefuls sound positive. Perhaps you should set yourself a target of getting the cost per use of furniture as low as possible.

Hope you've had a good day today.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Once I get the cost per use of the furniture below £2 I’m happy. I’m aiming to get there this year but it’s very weather dependent. Apart from anything else, I always feel happier when I’ve had ten mins outside so I need to start factoring in this time.

Last night I slept well. Coincidentally, yesterday I finished off a piece of client work that had been hanging over me. There’s clearly a lesson there!

I’m, as usual, running late but am pleased to report ongoing progress with pa,ysp and sb with another £10 voucher requested. Still no holiday progress but it is what it is. I may also have had a breakthrough for the client.

Anyhow need to crack on. Today I am grateful for
    Undisturbed sleep
    Help from dh
    Getting something over the line
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Elnora32
    Options
    I think that is an achievable target and I know what you mean about feeling better for spending time outside - fingers crossed for good weather.

It's amazing how much better you feel after a good night's sleep. Good news about the £10 voucher.
    I hope you sort out a holiday soon.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Pleased that the consultant is working with you now. You have come such a long way with your BS and diet generally.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    After work I visited my mum. I feel mean as seeing it as something ticked off a list but she doesn’t make it easy. On the plus side, she actually turned the tv down to hear me which doesn’t always happen.

Yesterday I made baby steps with that client and also made progress with another. I also sent an email to a friend which had been on my to do list. Today there are various tasks to be done but they are on a kind of a list.

I am end of the week tired but it’ll be a full day as dh is coming around four to start some work at a client for me. No idea what dinner will look like but possibly a supermarket pizza.

Today I am grateful for
    A reissued co op dividend card, I’d lost mine
    Contact with a friend
    Babysteps
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Baby steps are always good:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Skinnylatte
    Options
    Cost per use currently £20
    That made me laugh. But tbh would be an interesting way to value many purchases, I may try it with my new bathroom!
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I frequently use possible cost per wearing when buying clothes. It sometimes reins me in and other times helps me justify the more expensive but longer wearing items. I’m just wondering how this would work for a bathroom as invariably the various pieces have varying costs and varying levels of use. Maybe a spreadsheet linked to toilet roll consumption!

Yesterday is over and I’m grateful for that. Tomorrow I need a few hours at that client as they’re short staffed. Today was supposed to be client free but I left my phone behind yesterday so need to go get it today. I also need to get diesel as I’m running on fumes but was holding off filling up until today’s 3p a litre price drop. Apart from that, it’ll just be a matter of getting stuff done around the house and trying to avoid the urge to nap. All the while wondering if dh will remember that today is a significant day for us.

Today I am grateful for
    A potential work lead from a former client
    Someone working with me
    Help from dh with a client
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a pain about leaving your phone and not having a client free day. Hope your DH remembers! :think:
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope you get to enjoy your significant day together! Or maybe plan in the nap and set a timer. You might feel a lot better for it and make up in productivity what you lose in time. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure