A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Enjoy your significant day.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your OH remembers :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good idea on the clothes cost per wear. :T

Another one here rooting for DH to remember!
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you’ve had a lovely day :beer::cool:
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    He remembered. So on Saturday we were both at that client and a staff member failed to show so I stayed longer than anticipated. As a consequence we were both ravenous and went for food. Just as we were eating he commented that it was good to be out for a meal on that day. That was enough for me.

Yesterday was back at that client as we continue to be short staffed. In a way it was good as being operational allowed me to see the ongoing non compliance with stuff I have introduced. Things have to change or staff have to deal with the consequences. I’ve two other tasks to get done this week but otherwise my focus is sorting out that client.

Today I am grateful for
    Feeling rested
    Determination, I hope it lasts!
    A bone for the dog from the butcher, funny to watch her lick her lips
    And, a £30 win on the lottery
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    'He remembered' Nice :)
    Yay for the dog bone
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It’s the little things:love:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It is beanie. Today I am tired. I didn’t realise how badly I slept until dh pointed out that any time he rolled over, I was awake. Yesterday was a long work day as I had to go back to the client at half nine but happily it was only for an hour. I had such a sugar binge yesterday and am still feeling a bit sick. Don’t know what sparked it but it was like I couldn’t find the off switch. Right a line needs to be drawn and I need to move on.

Today I am grateful for
    My long suffering dh
    Finding some documents
    Reaching an understanding
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I had such a sugar binge yesterday and am still feeling a bit sick. Don’t know what sparked it but it was like I couldn’t find the off switch. Right a line needs to be drawn and I need to move on.
    Exactly the right thing to do. You are fine 90% of the time (maybe more?) so yes, just let it go and move on.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm glad you got your anniversary! I wonder if your DH is the 'strong, silent' type? (You could put a number of emojis there, couldn't you :D)? He is thinking the right thing but only just manages to vocalise it. Anyway it's lovely he remembered. Did you ever come across that 'Five love languages' (website/book) that was popular a few years ago? That opened my eyes to how people give and receive love very differently, so that sometimes it's invisible to those they love most. For instance I am surrounded by givers, but feel loved most when I'm hugged or given verbal appreciation. Funny old world.
    And on a completely other track, what's the reasoning (if any) behind the non-compliance at work? Is there some hidden barrier or are they being passive-aggressive? Or something else?
    Hope the healthy eating goes okay for you today.
    Well done for your lottery win too. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure