A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Just catching up with you - sorry to hear about the attitude of some of the staff on news of the grant, but well done and congrats to you to for the award. You must feel so inspired - it's a shame that some people are so frustrating though.

Hope you get some quality sleep.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, I worked with the trustees on Saturday and we now have a bit of clarity as to where the client is going. Roughly a third of the staff are long standing. They are the ones most opposed to the grant as it’ll mean that they will need to change what they do and it’ll be more visible. The that’s how we always do it argument will be going out the window. Their control / ability to bully will be seriously diminished and that’ll be no bad thing.
    Yesterday I didn’t even phone in once!
    It appears that I blinked once yesterday and the day evaporated but sometimes that’s just how it is. The only positive thing was we had two items from the freezer for dinner. One was a complete mystery. We also extracted one item that was cooked up and will be dh’s lunch for today and tomorrow. Unfortunately though, there doesn’t appear to be any extra room!
    I need to get motoring as I’m not sure where to even find something to wear and the wet but warm weather doesn’t help.
    Today I am grateful for
    Having spent yesterday with the 4 legged torture
    Food from the freezer
    Whoopsied items on Saturday evening that included a bunch of sunflowers reduced to £1
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sounds like the client is finally beginning take some shape. Well done for sorting them out!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you are getting your way. :) At long last. Good for you - if it benefits the client you are doing the right thing.
    That freezer ability is a strange thing, isn't it? Sort of like an anti-Tardis. When you go in the space gets smaller. Mine does it too.
    Nice about the sunflowers. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you have some clarity. Hope things improve there!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I just find it so wearing sometimes. That coupled with me doing more hours for less money with a poorer work life balance than in my previous job does not always make for a happy home life. It is what it is.

Yesterday my former colleague who successfully went it alone earlier this year contacted me. He wants a joint approach on a job. I can’t say no. It’ll be Dublin based but much better charge out rates. Who needs weekends anyway! Though it’s more that it’s the kind of work that I like.

Yesterday was a low spend day. £1 on a subsidised lunch plus I was gifted presliced fruit bannocks that merited some freezer Tetris. I also reclaimed spends from petty cash inc a £1.90 receipt that I thought was lost and gone forever. Home wise I got rid of five bits of paper. There are so many and a complete lack of organisation of work stuff. I’m taking cherry’s approach and am doing one note or one empty envelope at a time. So long as I stay on top of incoming paperwork, it’ll be a close call between the mortgage being paid off and the paperwork getting sorted ;)

On other news, at the weekend I took advantage of the current t3sco choc orange and bought 48. DH also had £8 off a £40 spend. These will address family gifts, except dh whose dark one wasn’t on offer and the rest will be given to dh’s team and staff at my clients. It works about the same as buying tins of sweets but is a bit more personal. DD is home weekend after next and loves to gift wrap boxes!
    Last night I completed a shop swago, cashed out for a £5 sb voucher and gained gained a bonus 50 sb. PA is also progressing well with more than £6 accrued or pending after last week’s cash out. Between the two of us we now have £40 sb funded m&s vouchers that will go when the right offers appear.

Today I am grateful for
    A fairly good night’s sleep
    Dinner from supplies
    Gifted bread
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what a joint venture might involve...
    Bravo for the whoopsied sunflowers. So cheery :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mmm the joint venture sounds interesting.
    Here’s to whoopsied flowers and dd returning for a visit.
    January spends - £587.58
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I also took advantage of the chocolate orange offer , although I only bought four :).

Well done for making progress on licking the awkward client into shape. People ca be so difficult sometimes can't they? It's their fear of change that makes them resist it.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the joint venture. x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income