A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I know carbs are my weakness. I am scaling back. As for the bakery, it has been closed for a refit for three weeks so isn’t to blame. While I like their stuff, my primary reason for going is to get stuff for my mum that the local to her bakery no longer stocks.

Another night when I slept badly. I’m tired of feeling tired. Yesterday I managed to work through a fair bit of my to do list plus a bit extra. We stopped off an the way home to pick up milk and salad and got two items of baby wear for £2 each that will be gifted plus a new half price pan. Once home the old pan was disposed of. The non stick on it was dreadful and getting rid was long overdue.

Our builder remains on the missing list. It’s annoying as there’s little left for him to do. I just need it done. We also need to pay him.

I got the quote through for my business insurance. It’s up over £100 as my broker is now only using one insurer so no competitive pricing. This is now my third year without any claims but I don’t have time to shop around.
    At least the money is in the business account to pay it.
    Today I am grateful for
    A comfy bed
    DH getting on item list on the bay
    Identifying options
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Sorry that your BS is still high - hope you have a better reading tomorrow. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sleepless nights are a nightmare - I've tried all sorts of things when I can't sleep but nothing seems to work. I wish I could offer some magic cure for it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]How annoying that the builder has gone AWOL - hope he returns to finish the kitchen soon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It might not seem like it but you are making progress.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Elnora[/FONT]
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will your long days and anxious feeling affect your body’s processing of bs. Not something I know much about but anxiety and tiredness affect our body in funny ways. Maybe you need to look at a more holistic approach....might not make any difference but might help. On that point I’m off to take some of my own advice :rotfl::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the builder turns up so everything is done and dusted. If you owe him his money, then at least he won't have disappeared for ever and should reappear quite soon!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I don’t understand bs. Yesterday I fell so far off the wagon but today my bs, while high, was down. It is what it is. I just need to day my day watch what I’m eating.

So,lots going on the past few days workwise to the point where it was 9 last night when I remembered to renew my business insurance. I’d had a couple of bad nights but last night I more or less slept through. It makes such a difference.

Yesterday I had an unexpected late meeting and dh had something arranged for him so I took an hour out and we grabbed a coffee. I need to get better at scheduling that kind of time.

Today I am grateful for
    Babysteps in the right direction
    Technology that means insurance can get sorted
    Prospects for a friend
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The annoying thing for me on the business insurance is the professional indemnity cover, my renewal says if you change it you lose cover for work you have already done. No choice really but to renew with them as it can take months (and sometimes years) for consequences of decisions to get to a legal stage. Like you say at least it can be done online.

Glad you got some sleep, it does indeed make such a difference.
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Good news on the better nights sleep. Today's grateful's sound positive.

Elnora
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Always good to get a good nights sleep 😊
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope your day was not as frantic as yesterday's. Good though that you got the insurance sorted.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So insurance sorted and Irish tax clearance certificate was emailed through yesterday. These are the two immediates needed by my business. Yesterday I sourced my admin support to help at the client. Only one day a week initially but that should help a lot.

I had a disturbed night last night. I’m not sure why but I’m tired and headachey. Just need to get through today then tomorrow morning I am off for a facial and other bits and pieces paid for with a mother’s day voucher. Tomorrow afternoon the plan is for dh and I to go visit a field of sunflowers that has been planted as a charity fund raiser. I love sunflowers so fingers crossed for a dry spell. It is however currently emptying down.

Today I am grateful for
    Outstanding a level results for my wee niece
    Getting something sorted for a client
    A highly efficient Irish tax service
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback