A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was an nsd which was so surprising as I had meetings to go to and no lunch at the client. However, dh equipped me with an apple, an orange some sugar free gums and a packet of meat and that got me through the day. We did have a slightly earlier than usual dinner.

Today there will be spends as I’m having a client related meeting at a coffee shop first thing then need to pick up paint in expectation of the offspring being home for a few days.
    I also need to pick up a prescription for my low dose antibiotics that I take for my skin condition. I’ve now been off them two weeks and my face is looking increasingly like the surface of the moon.
    This morning dh put his foot down and made it clear that I am not to go anywhere near that client this weekend. That works for me. I have other more lucrative stuff to be getting on with and a house in need of attention.
    I’m expecting there to be a lot of food brought in this weekend as both children will want local “delicacies” that I will also partake of.

Today I am grateful for
    My builder reappearing yesterday
    Great gcse results for youngest member of next generation
    Contact from family and friends
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Friday:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It seems like OH has been a great support with your eating regime. Well done him.
    What are the 'delicacies'?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to the youngest for the GCSE results!

I'm glad the builder has reappeared. You must be fairly close to completing the work now? Getting them to do the snagging always seems to take much longer than it should.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Builder advised it’ll be a fortnight before things are fully finished. Delicacies for my children range from tayto crisps to an Ulster fry. Basically things they could take for granted when at home but don’t get in England. Yesterday I got a few pa surveys so I’m at over a fiver already. We also made use of a gift card to purchase an item for ds. DH had thought it had £25 on it. Instead it had £40 so the additional isa money is covered.

Today I am grateful for
    A frank discussion
    Being valued
    A comfy bed
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you have a good day.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad your OH put his foot down in this instance!

Great to have the children home too - but do tell - what is an Ulster fry? Is it a kind of breakfast?:question:

Have a good day inod.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    An Ulster fry is a basic fry up that includes potato bread and soda bread instead of toast. Yesterday’s was purchased from a local caff and was 2 pork and 1 beef sausage, 2 pieces of back bacon, 1 piece of vegetable roll, 1 piece of black pudding, a fried egg, a hash brown, mushrooms, beans, potato bread and soda farl. DS thought it too much but, to the dog’s disgust, cleared his plate.

Yesterday was a spendy day. £35 at the market, £10 at the bakery and £17 for the fries. Both children will have some of the market stuff to take back. This also included some items that I brought to my mum’s that she insisted on paying for.

We had one of those rare features of a bank holiday weekend yesterday, a dry day so laundry was done and line dried. Today dd needs collected from the airport around half one, we need to call with my nephew whose birthday it is and the offspring are going to a concert this evening that will probably involve a lift. We also need to do a general grocery top up.

Today I am grateful for
    The dog’s little happy dance when she saw ds
    Having money available for treats for the offspring
    A panic free day
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely day:)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback