A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    That breakfast sounded amazing. I have just eaten somewhat disappointing cereal ! but wow.......

Any how all sounding pretty good your end, I love hearing about your dog. And the food. Particularly like the food!

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wow! That's some breakfast - even beats the Scottish breakfasts I've had in the past which include haggis! :rotfl:

I'm glad to read you had a good day with the family yesterday without work rearing up its head.
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ulster fry sounds lovely!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Sunday was spent running hither and yon. DD was picked up from the airport and brought home for her delicacy of choice. Pork sausage rolls with black pudding and ballymaloe relish. We then headed to mr t for the last day of a money off voucher and to gain a 10p a litre off diesel. We also went to the orange diy store where there were reduced plants and the essential bolt needed for the bathroom door - the other was done to 2 out of 4 screws and the bit you use to move it was falling out. I’m more than happy to spend £3 to maintain dignities.

We then unpacked groceries and headed to see nephew with his birthday present, dropped offspring at their concert and made it home to sit down with food just in time for poldark. It was early!

So both a spendy and a sociable day. Today will also be busy as there is work stuff to be done and ds delivered to the airport. I also need to get plants into pots and into the ground. Yesterday I also got around to paying my income from the business account for July as funds were slowing to a trickle in our account.

Today I am grateful for
    Time with the children, you never totally trust they’re ok until you see them
    How excited the dog got to see dd
    Getting things done yesterday
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a really busy day.
    Hope you can get some relaxation today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Dog doing a happy dance made me smile :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    DS made it to the airport on time so should be safely back at work as I type. We had one unexpected stay over who left around seven last night. I did about 2 hrs work in total yesterday and did a few hours in the garden. There’s lots more to be done but it’s going in the right direction.

Today there’s a lot of work to get through but there’s an outline to what’s needed. As usual, there was too much food bought in for the children’s return so dinner will be informed by what’s left. It is already unbearably hot today.

Today I am grateful for
    DS’s safe if somewhat delayed travels
    Stuff getting done around the house, the bathroom door can now be secured
    A close to work free day
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I stuffed up work stuff yesterday and, after a day at the client, ended up back there from half ten until one. I am tired. There’s also stuff that did not get done b6 another that needs to be addressed today.

It has turned chilly here today and I am grateful for that. DD is here until fri and the furry one is in a state of bliss.

Today I am grateful for
    Some sleep, I need more!
    Help from a former client
    My bed
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The furry one in a state of bliss:D
    Boo to that blooming client.
    Hope you get lots more sleep. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    We made it to Friday, I’m so relieved. It’s been a long long week and I’ve been running between 3 crisis hit clients and have been annoyed at spending little time with dd. She has been productive and, with the exception of 2 small bits of skirting, the kitchen has been painted.

Today I have to go to the client, do other client stuff and just possibly, at 9 o’clock, phone a travel agent to book a holiday. I stumbled across the offer, we are both dog tired and at the end of our tethers so we are going for it if still available.
    We think we can get flights on avios though taxes will be around £150. That £150 would give me something to aim for as additional income generation. I’m currently part way towards another sb voucher and have just over £10 in pa. it may even inspire a listing or two on eBay.

DD goes back at 11 this evening. I am turning my phone off at 2.30 and am coming home. She found out yesterday that she passed the final element of her post grad so we are celebrating by dining at her choice of venue.

Right, lots to do even though I was in work until 9 last night.

Today I am grateful for
    DD’s success
    Resolution
    Friday
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback