🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to your neice.

Hope today is going well and that you are able to finish early. Enjoy your facial and visit to the field of sunflowers - sounds lovely.

Elnora
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,735 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the sunflowers 🌻
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better today inod. Some pampering tomorrow should relax you and the lovely sunflowers will brighten up your mood.

Congratulations to your clever niece. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Wishing you a peaceful night tonight, and brilliant for your niece. congratulations.
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thank you all.

Today short of an actual call the emergency services, I am not available to clients. Tomorrow I have to be at that client all day, it’ll be a late one. Than Monday I need to be there all day bar another client meeting. Tuesday is a heavy day and Wednesday is Dublin. DS is home next weekend and I want to clear the decks for that. On ms matters, I have managed to hold off paying myself since the end of July but that needs to happen now. It’s odd just how much control I can exercise over my business account.

DH is still working on his long term plan to inform his short term plan to inform how we live. I’m not prepared for him to be a passenger. I don’t want all the responsibility.

Anyhow, today I’ve places to go and sunflowers to see.
    Today I am grateful for
    My memory kicking in albeit at the last minute
    A good test result from my June surgery. ��
    Help from a friend with my business
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow INOD, you have a busy week ahead. Good that you have book-ended it with sunflowers today and DS next weekend. :) It's also pleasing to hear that your test result was a good one.

I hope your DH finds something he will commit to. I'm sure there is underlying stuff there that's going to be an obstacle, as it's such an ingrained tendency, but perhaps actually working it out in his own terms will be helpful. As you say, you can't do everything.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope all goes well workwise this week inod and that your OH sorts out his plans soon!

Congrats on the test result too.:)
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Best laid plans and all that. Ended up at the client twice yesterday. First time was due to the panic button being pushed, second time was to drop off the sunflowers I purchased for today’s event. The sunflower field and wild flower field were awesome. https://niexplorer.com/latest/sunflower-field-northern-ireland If anyone fancies a peek. They were selling the stems at 4 for £5 so the purchases made are this month’s charitable donation.

After the sunflowers, I drove considerably out of my way to visit the spot where my childhood summers were spent. It’s been on my mind recently and I don’t know why. As a child, I never fully appreciated what a difference there was between that village where we spent the two summer months and multiple weekends and the rest of the time. We ran about there like savages whereas the seventies Belfast I grew up in meant I was a lot more reined in. It’s weird seeing the differences and the bits that remain unchanged.

Today I have some work to do, ironing to do and then go to the client, it will be a long day and I will miss the furry faced one’s homecoming. I’m so excited to see her again.

Today I am grateful for
    A nice day out
    Amazing sunflowers for me and for the client
    Limited damage caused by my reversing into a post!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Pity yesterday did not go fully to plan but the majority of the day sounds good. The sunflowers look lovely - I really like the sunflower advice plus visiting a place full of wonderful childhood memories is always a great way to spend your time. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ouch to the dent.[/FONT]
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,658 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunflower fundraiser is a great idea. Looks lovely :T
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate