🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,660 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Men!!! nuff said....
    Pleased the bs is levelling again.
    The emergency fund will soon be back to where it was. You are determined and on a mission :beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope all goes well today Inod and enjoy the time with your friend.

Glad to hear the building work is nigh finished - it will give you a boost when it's all done. Well done on the blood sugar as well and good news on the assistant!
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Most important news of the day, BS is back within range. Just by 0.1 but I’ll take that :j

This is in spite of eating a snack size mars bar yesterday afternoon as I was hungry and had nothing else to hand. Today, I am increasing the supplies that I’m taking to work with me. I don’t think I will have lost weight this week cos I’m eating like a horse but concentrating on weaning myself off the sugar as opposed to restricting calories.

Yesterday the court case was done and dusted which was good. A lot of waiting around for the sake of less than ten minutes. It did mean that I met my friend for lunch when I ordered and ate a salad :(

I noticed an issue with the client cheque so was able to get that addressed after the court case so that’s on its way to the bank today.

There were 2 client issues that arose yesterday. Normally I’d have been pitching in straight away but I needed to do some work to renew my business insurance so I decided they can wait til today. As my old boss used to tell me, no client business is more important than my business as without that I can’t help the client. I need to focus on this more and get two more admin type tasks underway this week.

I managed to speak to dd yesterday while hanging around the court. She, DS and 8 friends are heading to a festival. Fingers crossed that they get the weather for it.

Today I am grateful for
    DH’s help with my admin
    A speedy proceeding albeit after a lot of hanging about
    Restraint
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,788 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the blood sugars.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Well done on the BS result!

Pleased to read that the court case went smoothly and you got to have some time with your friend.

Your old boss's comment is very wise.

Hope the weather holds out for DD's festival. It's lovely where I am today so hope this extends countrywide.
    🌟
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So annoyed. My BS is back to high. The only thing I can put this down to is we had dinner quite late last night and it was caramelised onion sausages and beans on toast so quite sugary. I was also sorting out work stuff so no gardening was done but my business insurance is progressing.

Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day for others as much as for me. It was too long a day. I am tired and am unsure what the weekend will bring.

I did have a tiny lbm. I had said that I wanted to get my offset fund to £1000 by year end but didn’t see how. I had another look and realised that I only need to up my monthly contribution by £10 a month. I’m not sure what I thought the obstacle is. Today I need to go to the bank for the client so will stop off and arrange that en route. pa is sitting around £13 for me and I’m close to another £10 sb voucher so that only leaves a shortfall of £17 between now and dec and I’d like to think I can do that especially if there is a swago sometime soon. So, I put that target in my sig as opposed to one that is unachieveable, not least because the date has passed!

Today I am hoping to make inroads into day to day work as opposed to lurching from one crisis to another.

Today I am grateful for
    Hopefully a resolution to an ongoing client issue.
    A now watertight house (it’s emptying down)
    Very little food waste in today’s collection
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Shame about the BS but you're probably right that the cause was a late night sugary dinner. Sometimes it can't be helped what with long work periods. Tomorrow is another day as Miss Scarlett said.....
    x
    🌟
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the bs is back on track tomorrow. Have a good weekend :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,788 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your blood sugar settles down soon.
    Have a great weekend ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It’s still high! I’m not amused. I think i need to scale back the carbs as well as the sugars. I’m wondering how tomorrow’s discussion with mr wii will go. I made it to the bank yesterday and sorted out my extra ten pounds to savings. I’m within one survey of another sb voucher. I also got a short pa yesterday so I’m confident about the extra £40 that’s needed between now and year end. I’m now pondering. If I can see a way to do it when I put my mind to it, what’s stopping me doing it generally. I also lodged the big(to me) cheque to the business account.

I arranged two meetings yesterday that should help things along, one for a client and one for me and, most importantly, finally applied for my Irish tax clearance certificate.
    Today is, so far, an uncommitted day. A list will soon change that! I was speaking to a former colleague and friend who recently went out on their own. They are turning over in one quarter what I achieved in a year. I need to structure my business better.

Today I am grateful for
    A referral with possibilities
    Dinner from the freezer - it’s been a long week
    A message being well received
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure