Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's the article from the Glasgow Herald:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/17697334.energy-firm-insists-it-is-on-track-as-losses-rise/

They claim that they're doing better than they planned!
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    The Glasgow Herald report is here.
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/17697334.energy-firm-insists-it-is-on-track-as-losses-rise/

Together acquired 33,000 OneSelect customers in Dec 2018. The report states that 10,000 have already left.

I was one of those 10,000. I'm so glad I left.
  • BobCooney
    BobCooney Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Fromply wrote: »
    Here's the article from the Glasgow Herald:

They claim that they're doing better than they planned!

Thanks for posting the link - the system wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts. There are actually a number of TE stories from the Business section of the Herald, all of which are rather positive and makes me think TE clearly have a friend there...
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This situation is totally out of control. Most of us had no choice in joining TE due to the downfall of Select. Ofgen gave TE the contract when they were a new company already with poor reviews and doubled their customer base over night - there was no way it would end well. I would leave at the drop of a hat but can't get a bill from them and don't want to make a bad situation worse.
    Does any one know who the minister for energy is these days?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :mad:I sent the umpteenth email to them about 3 weeks ago concerning the final "bill" they had sent me from One Select - incorrect credit carried forward- not had an acknowledgement AGAIN!
    If Together go out of business, its going to leave a lot of people with an awful lot of sorting out to do:(
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So far I’ve opened 2 ombudsman cases against TE over miss and have been award £35 and then another £100. Both times TE have marked the complaint complete without contacting me or fixing the issue. I’m currently deciding on wether to raise a third one.

Unlike most I’ve actually been under billed and had my dd significantly reduced. If billed correctly I’d be £500 in debt, so I’m now weighing up the options of trying to get another ombudsman award reducing my debt risk or just waiting it out and applying the back billing rule. I’ve been under billed since July last year so it’s kicking in already.

I’ve been waiting for a bill since November 18 and left feb 19
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    From my experience - marking complaints complete when they've not been dealt with is standard operating procedure for them.
  • LynH
    Options
    I have today e mailed Greg Clark MP Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy with my complaint and linking him back to this thread. Don't know if it will help but worth a try.
    For those who don't know TE lost £6.8 million up to Aug 2018 - got to start alarm bells ringing in high places!
  • Coys
    Coys Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    They've owed me the outstanding balance for 6 months (Ombudsman has ruled they should pay by 5th July).

If they fold, is my +ve balance transferred to whoever takes over (and "guaranteed" by OFGEM as happened with Oneselect) or do I become an unsecured creditor as I'm no longer a TE customer?
  • LynH
    Options
    Coys wrote: »
    They've owed me the outstanding balance for 6 months (Ombudsman has ruled they should pay by 5th July).

If they fold, is my +ve balance transferred to whoever takes over (and "guaranteed" by OFGEM as happened with Oneselect) or do I become an unsecured creditor as I'm no longer a TE customer?

Don't know the answer Coys but it will be an even bigger mess than it is now.
    Shouldn't panic just yet - it's a possibility they may fold but not definite
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure