Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Can I ask how the bills were wrong please, so I know what to look out for when mine come through eventually.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Can I ask how the bills were wrong please, so I know what to look out for when mine come through eventually.

My One Select bill was wrong because they used a start reading which was lower than the closing read used by the previous supplier, so I was being charged twice for the same units of electricity. When I queried with the previous supplier ,they told me that the figure they had used " must have been supplied by One Select via the verification step".
    The resultant credit from OS was less than it should have been, so the final amount due to Together is increased.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TE did the same with me (I didn't come from One Select) - double charged with incorrect opening readings - it took a heck of a battle through the Ombudsman before I eventually got my money back.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    To conclude my tale of woe.

My complaint against the ombudsman was not upheld by the ombudsman, even though they admitted getting both initial decisions wrong on my complaints.

I have to remain with E.on. They have to pay me £50 compensation.

I have to leave Together Energy, they have to pay me back what they charged me, £150 compensation and £1261 being the additional electricity cost I will have to pay E.on (this is only to 11th March 2019 and I am responsible for additional costs since).

As an aside, E.on have yet to bill me anything. They will eventually levy a bill from 2nd October 2017. I will then try to use the backbilling rules to mitigate the cost.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I refuse to waste my time by phoning. I’ll just wait until they respond to my email.

Tried another phone call.......got thru'! BUT it sounded like I was talking to someone 500 miles East of the Philippines - not Scotland- wasted 5 minutes of my life getting nowhere fast as the agent didn't understand my point about meter reads on the One Select bill - I've registered the issue again ,but don't hold out much hope of a resolution.
    Even tho emails haven't worked so far ,I've composed another one:(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was transferred to TogetherEnergy when OneSelect folded. I transferred from them to BULB at the beginning of March and am still waiting for a final bill from them. They had taken 3 direct debits from me before I moved and I should be in credit with them as I was in credit with OneSelect. I have emailed numerous times without any success. Dreadful company.
  • Coys
    Coys Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 May 2019 at 6:22PM
    Options
    I was transferred to TogetherEnergy when OneSelect folded...

Same here. Then we moved house mid-January. I gave them final gas & electric readings which they promptly acknowledged. I am still waiting for my £300 credit balance to be refunded. They've ignored complaint emails so I've opened a case with the Ombudsman.

*edit* by coincidence the Ombudsman upheld my complaint today.
    Together Energy failed in several areas and will be ordered to give a written apology and refund what I'm owed plus £50 compensation.
    I'm not holding my breath ...
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Coys wrote: »
    Same here. Then we moved house mid-January. I gave them final gas & electric readings which they promptly acknowledged. I am still waiting for my £300 credit balance to be refunded. They've ignored complaint emails so I've opened a case with the Ombudsman.

Together seem to be equally incapable of repaying credits or collecting debits :(
  • BobCooney
    BobCooney Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I note that the reviews on Trustpilot are now almost exclusively 1*, with another 20 in the last 24 hours. There is also a news story in the Glasgow Herald today explaining how they lost £7million in the last financial year.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Accounts filed 6 June.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC533489

Loss of £6.9m for y/e 31 Aug 2018; liabilities exceed assets by £7.7m. Auditor's report states that there is a "material uncertainty" about whether it can continue as a going concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure