Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• sdpoo
    sdpoo Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally, after several missed deadlines, I received my refund.

I hope others are eventually successful.

Hopefully TE sort themselves out, but right now things seem pretty grim there.
  • nomis64
    nomis64 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Those who had left OneSelect around the time of their default were eventually repaid their credit (within the last couple of weeks I believe).
    Originally posted by masonic

Oh no they havent - I'm owed about £500
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,283 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nomis64 wrote: »
    Those who had left OneSelect around the time of their default were eventually repaid their credit (within the last couple of weeks I believe).
    Originally posted by masonic

Oh no they havent - I'm owed about £500
    As you've posted in another thread that you were still with OneSelect at the time of their default and were moved to Together Energy like the rest of us, my comment does not apply to you - it applies to those who were in the process of a switch elsewhere and were not moved to TE.
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 June 2019 at 1:36PM
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    So far I’ve opened 2 ombudsman cases against TE over miss and have been award £35 and then another £100. Both times TE have marked the complaint complete without contacting me or fixing the issue. I’m currently deciding on wether to raise a third one.

Unlike most I’ve actually been under billed and had my dd significantly reduced. If billed correctly I’d be £500 in debt, so I’m now weighing up the options of trying to get another ombudsman award reducing my debt risk or just waiting it out and applying the back billing rule. I’ve been under billed since July last year so it’s kicking in already.

I’ve been waiting for a bill since November 18 and left feb 19

On Friday I received 3 separate letters from TE. An apology letter and 2 bills, including my final one. 54 weeks after they started to bill me incorrectly and 4 months after I left them. The cynic in me would suggests they are prioritising fixing bills closest to the back billing window.

However have they billed me correctly.... The final bill is using completely different rates to the other bills, but hey they used cheaper ones :rotfl: its another £30 in my pocket.

They have shown my bill as at my leaving date (feb), but I didn’t cancel my DD so I made a payment after that.

Hopefully ending this nightmare will be just one more phone call away!

*** update *** famous last words....

Safe to assume that TE have moved their first line customer service offshore.

Thought it would be a simple conversation. You’ve billed me X I’ve paid Y. The guy on the phone couldn’t even look up my debt without looking at my final bill. My whole point was a Dd was taken after the bill date, so my debt was wrong.

He also couldn’t understand why I was saying I’d made 14 payments and my bill said I’d made 8. I kept telling him it’s because the bill covered 8 months and I’d be a customer for 13 months.

Gave up in the end. I can see another complaint being raised ... !!!!!!
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    *** update *** famous last words....

Safe to assume that TE have moved their first line customer service offshore.

Thought it would be a simple conversation. You’ve billed me X I’ve paid Y. The guy on the phone couldn’t even look up my debt without looking at my final bill. My whole point was a Dd was taken after the bill date, so my debt was wrong.

He also couldn’t understand why I was saying I’d made 14 payments and my bill said I’d made 8. I kept telling him it’s because the bill covered 8 months and I’d be a customer for 13 months.

Gave up in the end. I can see another complaint being raised ... !!!!!!

Check with your bank. If company are not acknowledging your payments then you may be able to claim bank through the DD scheme
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LynH wrote: »
    Check with your bank. If company are not acknowledging your payments then you may be able to claim bank through the DD scheme

Why would I want to do that. I’m trying to pay off my debt not make it worse. Pulling it back the DD would just make the situation more confusing.

I just raised my issue as a complaint via there complaints team and told them I’d reopen the ombudsman complaint if they didn’t sort it out in 2 weeks.
  • Coys
    Coys Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coys wrote: »
    They've owed me the outstanding balance for 6 months (Ombudsman has ruled they should pay by 5th July).
    Update - as directed by the Ombudsman they sent a final bill and pro-forma letter of apology 24 hours before the deadline. But no refund as I'd long-since cancelled my direct debit (not surprisingly as they continued to take payments after they acknowledged I'd moved house). They said they needed my bank details, which they surely already have, and it could take another 10 days. We'll see ...
  • masonic
    edited 8 July 2019 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Coys wrote: »
    Update - as directed by the Ombudsman they sent a final bill and pro-forma letter of apology 24 hours before the deadline. But no refund as I'd long-since cancelled my direct debit (not surprisingly as they continued to take payments after they acknowledged I'd moved house). They said they needed my bank details, which they surely already have, and it could take another 10 days. We'll see ...
    Interesting. They have less than 24 hours to implement the resolution for me, and so far I've nothing has happened. I pro-actively provided them my bank details, but it wouldn't surprise me if they try that excuse in my case too.

Edit: Just received a notification that they are processing my compensation payment - in my case they are sending it to the account where my direct debit was registered (not the bank details I provided, but no matter). Fingers crossed the payment will go through and this will be the end of the matter.
  • nosnehm
    nosnehm Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Firstly apologies for not seeing this post earlier.
    We sadly became customers of Together Energy by default following the collapse of OneSelect.
    We have had horrendous issues with them in trying to ratify our meter readings and account charges they have imposed.
    You can speak to an agent who promises the world but nothing materialises. We even took the step of writing to their CEO but that didn't generate a response either.
    From our experience in trying to communicate with Together Energy we have always found it very difficult and have never obtained anything like satisfaction.
    I would recommend that you look for a different supplier to manage your account.:mad::mad::mad:
  • masonic
    Options
    Wonders will never cease. I've received my compensation from Together Energy, right at the deadline. Thank you Ombudsman Services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure