Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, back from 2 weeks holiday - absolutely no further forward with my final OS or Together bills - no messages left on the phone ,no emails, no changes to the bills on the portals NADA!!!

They really are a bunch of blankety blanks!!!
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 July 2019 at 4:01PM
    Options
    I'm a former user of Together Energy but left last Aug and was one of the lucky ones that got the final bill and credit balance paid without too much hassle.

However I've just had a text "supposedly" from TE asking me to contact them ASAP. Contact number in text is 01389 493413 (which is not a number I could find associated with TE). Googling that numbers suggests it's a scam (which I suspected) - unless anyone knows different. Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anybody else gets this text.
  • nosnehm
    nosnehm Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 10:20AM
    Options
    I had a similar message instructing me to call them urgently on that number. Likewise I was a customer but haven't been successful in any contact with them.
    I have chosen to ignore this text.
    I have contacted TE regarding this on their published Customer Services No and was answered by a very helpful lady in South Africa! She confirmed that TE had not sent the message and the enclosed ref no did not mean anything to them.
    I am therefore sure this is a SCAM!
  • Alloneword
    Alloneword Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was with them for a 6 week period (yes they were that bad i left within 6 weeks) and the worst company i have ever dealt with leave Sky and Dixons looking like kings, been to Ombudsmanthey say i'm owed £800 and still they drag their heels giving 10 working days as even more of an excuse to hold onto my funds.
    AVOID these guys like anything is my advice.

All1
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sidbee wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!

Read the 23 pages of reviews and it will give you all the answers you need
  • LynH
    Options
    I've been submitting my readings for the last couple of months and actually got a bill this month. Not sure why they don't use the date of submission rather than estimate the difference between the submission date and bill date. I've cancelled my direct debit and currently owe them around £50 by my estimation - time to jump ship.
    Interestingly, on the bottom of the bill it states that tariff is fixed until May 2046
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still it continues!! Today, I've received a letter from Together Energy collections ,claiming the incorrect balance OR ELSE they will pass on to OPOS ,their debt collectors. :mad:

Phoned up and the agent apologised as THEY could see all the notes re my previous calls about the wrong OS bill which was the root of the problem. YET AGAIN ,I've been assured that the dept dealing with OS bills will be contacted. In the meantime ,she has put the account "on hold" - I wonder how long that will last!!:(
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 July 2019 at 1:54PM
    Options
    LynH wrote: »
    I've been submitting my readings for the last couple of months and actually got a bill this month. Not sure why they don't use the date of submission rather than estimate the difference between the submission date and bill date. I've cancelled my direct debit and currently owe them around £50 by my estimation - time to jump ship.
    Interestingly, on the bottom of the bill it states that tariff is fixed until May 2046

Cancelling your D/D prior to switching is perhaps not advisable,...especially as you are in debt to your energy company. It can cause complications and delay your switch.

Why are you switching anyway? :doh:....I’d love a tariff that’s fixed for the next 27 years.:money:
  • LynH
    Options
    Cancelling your D/D prior to switching is perhaps not advisable,...especially as you are in debt to your energy company. It can cause complications and delay your switch.

Why are you switching anyway? :doh:....I’d love a tariff that’s fixed for the next 27 years.:money:

The bill I've received includes estimated usage between my submitted reading and the date of bill creation but does NOT include my last 2 DD payments. They can't have it all ways!
    I agree about the tariff but suspect the would move the goal posts. :)
  • stevenss4
    Options
    I left this supplier and after three months, and still have not had a final bill. They owe me around £50. They do not reply to emails, and I finally went through the Ombudsman. They now have 10 working days to issue the bill, and the deadline is Thursday 18th July - I am not hopeful. There are a lot of people in the same boast if you look at reviews so maybe this is a company struggling financially.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure