🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :);)

Great posts and NSDs as always :);)

Today is NSD No. 23 here :)

Wishing you all a super EEDay and NSDay!:);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you misstara for taking on May. I'll be in a fit state one day to take one on again...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Aim - blown it out of the water! Still have nearly half the monthly spends left and only 4 days of the month. Pleased!

Plan - switching Gas and Electric as fixed rate ends. Switched home insurance too.

Rest - have done too much resting, so have joined a gym on a 3 month reduced rate to see if I like it. - it also ends the week before the summer holidays so well planned!

Invite - Did the 70's tour of Ireland. Have arranged a meet up with a friend in August
    Love - am going to get a courgette plant and maybe a tomato plant to go with the sunflower seeds and dwarf beans I saved seed from last year.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had my hair cut and coloured yesterday so have now massively overspent on my personal spends. However, it really needed done and I haven't spent anything on myself in ages,
    Household budget is still on target but I think I'll have to revisit how things are allocated next month. Done well with walking but failed miserably on weightloss and non alcohol days:( Met up with cousin and sister in law and spent some time with C over the last week, My poor little porch is in a sorry state and there is no sign of the building work starting but I have been keeping the communal area a litter free zone.
    Have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon All ! :)

Today I am grateful for:
    • A day off to get sorted
    • For finding some self-control food shopping today
    • For my warm duvet/bedding - it's been cold!
    Monday & Tuesday = NSDs number 12/13
    Today = spend day as needed a top-up shop.

Thank you EagerElephant for running an awesome April Challenge - and to Misstara for taking the reigns for May... I'll be tidying up my budget and reviewing my goals again over the next few days.
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No time like the present...

April Review:

Aim – for at least 16 NSD’s
    If I can stay spend free I will achieve this by Sunday

Plan – it’s a new financial year, everyone needs to write a new budget
    See below

Rest – make some time for yourself this month to just rest and recuperate.
    Got in lots of rest and relaxation this month!

Invite – I would like everyone to arrange to meet up with family/friends this month.
    A quitter month socially, although did start dating, and so my Social Fund was used for that.

Love – I want everyone to love their garden this month.
    Houseplants potted and coming along nicely. Lost 2 of my older ones... but hoping the cuttings off them will take...

Goal Review:

1) Becoming Debt Free
    Debt has been reduced to just £475.00, with possibly more to come off this week.

2) Exercise/Be healthy
    Managed at least 3 exercise sessions a week this month

3) Mindfulness.
    Odd session here and there but not managing to keep at it... Need to review why not, because I know it helps me a lot

4) Mortgage
    I have kept saving £200/month in my Help To Buy ISA. My Regular Saver matured and I have decided to use that to clear debts... Will sum up amount left on 01 May

5) Overcoming anxiety
    Managed to go out on a date although have not wanted to see other people so much as haven't had the time or energy. Off my medication though at last.

All in all - good progress I feel :)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spend of £18.54 at A1di this morning - and I'm very glad that pay day is almost here!

Caught up on the ironing and last night's H0lby this morning - and have then spent the rest of the day (bar a break for lunch with DD) on a registered charity application. Spent most of yesterday on it, too. About another 30 mins (max) will see it finished and submitted later - and with it a weight off my chest and a major frog eaten! :D Just the finances (paperwork wise) to get up straight now...

Today I am thankful for:
    * DD's printer scanning a 32 pg document in as a single pdf - couldn't figure out how to get our way more expensive and complicated one to do that!
    * A lovely and much needed break for lunch with DD
    * getting the application done. As is usual with this kind of thing, it's never quite as bad as you feared it would be...
    * snuggles in bed this morning with a sleepy DS3
    * yummy cake :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Abundant - Glad you're off your medication. My son has suffered for years (a much misunderstood condition) and this week doctor has finally taken him off medication too. Wishing you all the best. A huge step forward.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another nsd here. Not much choice as I'm utterly skint and too busy to do any sort of shopping.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for missing the hail and sleet downpours, for a bracing uphill walk, for a good session with my counsellor, for dd enjoying her tennis club, for finishing the knitted bride and groom that I have to hand over tomorrow, for finding a gf/df choc chip bun by schar that dd scoffed down!, for dh prepping tea, for texts from big sis, for having a vague plan for the weekends in May, for a beautiful full-range rainbow this evening.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport