What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your sheep Maria. Why are some dog owners so irresponsible? :( Someone might have to stay out overnight to try to catch it (had to do this ourselves in the past) :( No joke when you have too much to do already!

Migraine now gone, thank goodness, but feeling a bit like a wrung out flannel, so not a great deal achieved again :o

Meters read, and readings uploaded to energy provider's website :)
    Found a 50p survey for onepoll :T Getting close to cash out now :D
    Sainsburys shopping, remembered to take the vouchers for extra points that they sent in the post :)
    Out this afternoon to by GD2's birthday present. Went to a nearby town a bit bigger than this one, hoping for more choice. Bought a nice skirt and an enamel pie dish (for me, not GD) from a CS. Ended up getting the trainers that GD wanted from Mr S, as none of the shoe shops had what she wanted.
    Posted an ebay item
    Relisted a load of unsold items, decided to continue with my shop subscription despite reduced sales recently / upcoming price rise, as listing fees are just so expensive otherwise (business sellers don't get freebies :()
    Had half an apple left by GD yesterday for breakfast (I always cut them up, and she can have as much as she likes, but a piece at a time. She rarely manages a whole one!)
    Leftovers for lunch and dinner
    DS and his dog are staying with his GF for a few days :)
    Ordered a book from Amazon using a gift card from ipsos. Sadly my lovely accountant is giving up, so I have determined to try to do my small biz accounts myself, so bought 'book keeping for dummies'! :rotfl:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gosh Maria - I'm so sorry to read that news. Is there nothing can be done other than you catching it? Police? RSPCA? I just don't have a clue but felt really sad reading about it.
    I've had another busy day today at work and as I say - March is all survival time this year. I'm skint and tired but strangely my mental health is still ok. I can get a bit hysterical when I'm tired and overthink a lot and that's starting to creep in a bit. Succumbed to takeaway dinner for the kids tonight - another late finish at work so just couldn't get myself going.
    Nothing really to report - my kids are lazy, I am tired and I only have 1 week left of being in my 30s :( Ah well...
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi all
    I feel awful saying this after CCL's post....I got some good news today. Boss has told me I'm getting a pay increase and bonus. I'm going to pay it straight off my CC before my DH gets his hands on it! Separate banks accounts but my plans won't be changed. I want to be debt free by Christmas.

Read Martin's email. FPL.

Just looked at my eBay listings and got a few watchers. Yay need to clear my sale cupboard.

Preparing for Red Nose Day. Got my nose, need to paint my nails and dig out a red top. I'm making cake at the weekend for a bake sale on Monday too.

LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quick question :- Can I freeze salami?

Slice it first and then freeze it. We do it all the time and we're not dead yet. ;)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    Slice it first and then freeze it. We do it all the time and we're not dead yet. ;)

But you are both ill :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dinner ended up costing more than £1 as I bought guacamole and soured cream but, boy, it was good!

I also got some YS sandwiches for tomorrow, a pack of YS grapes and some YS finest carrots for my forthcoming beef and ale stew. I have no idea exactly what ale is though :rotfl: obviously I know it's some kind of alcoholic beverage but is it what I would call bitter or is it like the pale ale my dad would drink in the 70s? I looked at some bottles that looked likely and can't believe, if that is what they are, there isn't one for less than £2 a bottle??!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Maria poor you, it happens quite a bit around here too sadly. There are a minority of people who move into the countryside and think a dog goes with the Range Rover and the Hunter wellies but have no idea how to keep the darned things under control. Sorry I know thats controversial but it happens and its unfair on the dog. Hugs.

Been to hospital with DS for a check up. We were early so had chance for a coffee and a chat, £4 well spent. Dont see a lot of him at the moment so it was nice. Really hoping he gets his low income certificate renewed for his health costs, have spent £50 on his prescriptions and taken him to hospital twice this month. Hopefully we can claim the prescription costs back.

Bob DS2 refused to contribute to the birthday present. I was a bit worried in case this was a genuine misunderstanding and the friend ended up out of pocket but DS2 felt really strongly that his friend should have asked first. Bit of tension between the two of them but DS says it will blow over.

Been a long week - roll on Friday!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Dinner ended up costing more than £1 as I bought guacamole and soured cream but, boy, it was good!

I also got some YS sandwiches for tomorrow, a pack of YS grapes and some YS finest carrots for my forthcoming beef and ale stew. I have no idea exactly what ale is though :rotfl: obviously I know it's some kind of alcoholic beverage but is it what I would call bitter or is it like the pale ale my dad would drink in the 70s? I looked at some bottles that looked likely and can't believe, if that is what they are, there isn't one for less than £2 a bottle??!

You can use any beer except lager, apparently, though I wouldn't imagine the world would end if you used that! I just slop in a bit of whatever OH is drinking :rotfl: If you haven't got any, just use stock - I can never tell the difference whether it is in there or not tbh:)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    fvd it's cheaper in cans rather than bottles too if you really want to add it. Supermarket own brand will be just fine.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What are your views on hand washing. I tend to steer clear as it just ends up keeping the bottom of my linen basket warm! But ordered a top in the sale and didn't realise its h w. I can send it back but wondered if I could get away with washing machine on low term and low spin. Your talented thoughts would be appreciated.

Hope you're ok luckylady thinking if you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport