What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    Sorry about the cat HK - sad times. It's so hard even though it's ultimately for the best... :(
    Not a quiet day for me today unfortunately. I've already been out for training, been in the shower and been out to get my mam's mother's day gift. I've gone for an orchid rather than cut flowers. She is more talented with plants than I am - I just need it to survive the night...
    Still to come, ds football, tutoring and then birthday night out with bestie. I am really looking forward to that but I really want all of the other stuff out of the way - I feel as though I'm going to be rushing around everywhere for most of the day. So pleased that the sun is out though - that will make a difference.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 25 March 2017 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Morning all
    - Checked my bank accounts this morning, glad I did because I needed to do some transferring around of money to avoid overdraft charges!
    - Realised that some reduced priced trainers I've ordered have been refunded and I don't know why. Disappointed as I'd got 20% off and had done it through cashback.
    - FPL
    - Gorgeous weather here, so going out for a walk.
    - Collected my new bicycle yesterday so I'm going to cycle to work on Wednesday (weather permitting) for the first time.
    - Yesterday I did the weekly food shopping, wrote a list and shopped at Aldi and Home Bargains.
    - Yesterday I went into work (unpaid) and did lots of fundraising for Comic Relief.
    - My DH enjoys a mini pud thing that they sell in Aldi. Its sold is a little glass jar so I'm collecting them once I have half a dozen or more I'm going to try and sell them. I was inspired by Ally's post a little while back.
    - Went on to Magic Freebies to get free soap sample.
    LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks. I’ve not been on as I’ve been nursing the lurgy everyone else seems to have had. But am in the process of catching up.

Thanks for all your thoughts about my poor nephew.

Thanks for the Salami advice – DNMS – unfortunately I don’t have a food processor so a sharp knife will be called into service.
    Ally – slicing & freezing will take place today

Angelpye – it must have been wonderful to see you daughter so excited over her outfit.

Maria – that is shocking about next door’s dog – is this the one that DS has managed to “deal with”? Has the neighbour now admitted responsibility?

FVD – Could the Dr not prescribe a new mattress on the NHS:D? And afternoon tea for Mum sounds a brilliant idea.

LP – well done on the payrise & bonus – every little helps

Happy Kitties – sorry to hear about cat’s final journey :( – at least your Mum had longer with him than was expected.

Today's plan consists of a small shop (very small) and then house cleaning.

I thought I'd better keep it simple as oldest dog decided to spend the night woofing from 2 until 4 (at which point he was banished to the conservatory). No idea what was wrong with him - he wouldn't even settle on the bed unless he was being actively cuddled and petted - not conducive to any sleep.

And then this morning my use it up ham on toast - ham slid gracefully off the toast all over jeans and onto floor where it was quickly cleaned up by dogs - sigh.....

Will catch up later - & hope you're all right LL
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning Lottebear & fendi-bag-lady :)

looks like a beautiful day here in the south :) Planning to keep it low key on the mse front as worked hard this week, so can have a little slack over the weekend :) Taking madam to football at 10.30, hopefully oh will do that ;) I'm planning to go to the allotment after another coffee to do a little raking & tidying and measure up the bed to make a raised bed for madam (will be using materials already in the garage ;)) done

other than that doing 'something' with oh and madam. Maybe use the heritage cards? Maybe go for a walk and a pint. Oh we could actually go for a walk in the woods where wild garlic grows :D let's see what oh has to say stayed in and oh has been dismantling the shed ready for our patio to be laid :D

someone coming to pick up stair gate sold during the week. I've been trying to flog it for ages and this time it went :money: tis gone

need to freeze 1/2 of the brownies I made last night. Oooo I was on the brink of calling for a take out but the idea of going out for a meal tomorrow with dd - no doubt will be expensive! - motivated me to get in the kitchen and knock something up! Made a spicy bacon pasta dish and knocked up a tray of brownies which squashed that idea down :)didn't freeze and doesn't seem worth it now, maybe a couple for her lunches next week

The house is all clean and tidy after doing flylady all week so just a swish and swipe of key areas and staying on top of it and I think it'll stay looking good :) you know what I've tried many times over the years to do flylady but this was the first week I stuck with it. The house is remarkedly tidier and looking more in order after 1 week! Feel that over a couple of months cleaning the house will be a very small task phew it's so easy how quickly it can descend if you aren't conscious of it all the time!

Need to pick up some flowers with madam for dd for tomorrow. done

I might list 3 things on fleabay just to keep momentum going. I'm a little ahead of my 3 things a day so might have a day off... Lucky Penny a little while ago you said ipod boxes were selling for £10. did you mean the clear little cases they come in? If you did what did you search for? I couldn't find them anywhere! cba!

Ok that's all. Have a lovely day guys x

also picked up 150ltrs of multi-purpose soil for £10 and while in town nipped to A$da and picked up 2 legs of lamb as they are on offer for £5 kilo. One in the freezer and one I will cook on Tuesday when my ds is coming to visit :D

Have been productive in the garden & at the allotment. Put in my early potatoes today :D also raked off 2 beds at the allotment so ready to sow tomorrow :D

Think a drink, a film and the sofa are calling after dinner which was batch cooked & frozen spag bol. I've added some black beans and a little chilli pepper to pep it up a bit ;)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello again,
    Useful day in the kitchen:
    *Cottage pie made to take down to Mum & Dad's tomorrow. Made extra & froze.
    *Baked lemon cake for same.....wasn't happy with it. 10 mins forensic analysis. Decided to bake another one. No lemons left so used an orange. Much happier with that one. Cut up the 1st one & have put it in a tin labelled 'Reject cake'. Reckon mr f will dive straight into that when he gets home!
    *Baked 22 mini-muffins (apricot).Only 89 calories each ......which is why I make them in bun cases & not big muffin ones!
    *Made a batch of lentil dhal for freezer.....used up the last of a wilty bunch of coriander in that.
    *Dinner in slow cooker - haven't tried this recipe before. It's a chilli using turkey mince, pinto beans, sweetcorn & sweet potato. Will freeze half for another meal.
    *Re-filled all our little snack boxes with dried fruit.
    *Started planning what to bake for Easter.
    Kettle going on now.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Been a bit awol with work being crazy...

HK - sorry to hear about your mum's cat. :grouphug:

We've been out in the garden today - looks so much better now! I might even look to grow something this year... :think:

Have had a bit of a clear out of the kitchen stuff but there really isn't much that we don't use. Just need to get a couple of moving boxes to store everything while our new kitchen is getting fitted... :think:

Got a free ebook today. Still reading my last one though - not reading a lot these days...

We're going to succumb to a take away tonight - can't face going out to get anything. Roll on the new kitchen and an oven that works! Frozen pizza always helps on nights like this!

In other news, OH's friend told him about a job that's going nearby and he's going to apply for it. Would be perfect with his current one finishing in a couple of months. Fingers crossed...
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Sold 58 jars of my beloved Yankee Candle collection today for £780 - to go straight off my horrendous debts (see signature)
    I'm emotional!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Flamn' Nora, what were you doing with 58 candles in the first place zippygeorgeandben??! :rotfl:Congrats on getting so much for them :T

Foxgloves, audiobook and cook sounds good.

Hasn't it been a gorgeous day?! I left all the indoor stuff that could wait until later and spent most of the day sorting and rearranging the garden store while the sun was shining.

Everything that is coming with me to the table top sale next week has been moved indoors to be sorted into boxes for the table and I have put down a hideous carpet runner someone gave us to suppress the weeds and grass that are growing through what was once a pathway to our front gate. Once I get paid and depending how well the table top sale goes I may buy some gravel next week to put over the top of it.

I spent a good couple of hours sorting through old photographs this afternoon. They are now divided into two piles, pics of my son as a kid and everything else. I plan to go through the 'everything else' pile and group things correctly (they are all mixed up) and label them clearly so that when I'm dead (aren't I the cheery one? :rotfl: ) my son will know who everyone is. I also found in with them four diaries I'd kept that had notes of which day he did something for the firsttime, I can't believe I was so organised, it doesn't seem a bit like me!

Brunch today was a Mr S YS cheese scone and tonight we had peri peri chicken from the freezer with chips and coleslaw.

I did a shop today and got all my stuffs for making afternoon tea tomorrow. I'm doing salmon and cucumber, and prawn and lettuce sandwiches, I've bought both brown and white bread and will do a mix of both. I didn't want to chance Iceland selling out of cakes (it's near to my mum's, not here, so would have been left until last minute) so I've got a pack of profiteroles, mini raspberry donuts and a Victoria sponge which I will cut into similar-sized slices to the profiteroles. I'll take a few of each and then the teens can have the rest.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We're going to succumb to a take away tonight - can't face going out to get anything. Roll on the new kitchen and an oven that works! Frozen pizza always helps on nights like this!

Yay, raided the cupboards - jacket potatoes - I had tuna and OH had some leftover chicken so a great use-up tea :T
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Yay, raided the cupboards - jacket potatoes - I had tuna and OH had some leftover chicken so a great use-up tea :T

ninja mse skills there La E! :money:

woke up relatively late today. 6.40 but due to the clocks was 7.40 - almost a lay in! :p

Planing to go to the allotment in a minute & going to sow some carrots, beetroot and turnips :D will also rake off another 1 x 2.5 m bed :D

checked my wormery and none had made a dash for it :j yestrday some were trying to escape. A little research showed either they were just disorientated from their travels or they are unhappy with their environment. So very happy to see they have all stayed put

Don't think they'll be many mse things today as going out for dinner with dd, dgd & oh for Mothering Sunday. No doubt will be expensive....

Will just have toast for tea as we'll be full

oh to continue dismantling the shed

get bags/clothes/lunches ready for tomorrow

look at meal plan/shopping list and see what can be reduced and what's missing!

That'll do! Better go and get ready :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business