Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 March 2017 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Another one here confused about what time it is :rotfl: Why on earth can't we just leave it alone :huh: It is particularly noticeable here, as OH has a thing about old clocks, and he has changed some (but not others), meaning they are all striking different times even more than usual :rotfl: , PC and phones etc have changed themselves,,,, far too confusing for a Sunday morning!

Anyway, it is another nice day and I have the washing machine on :)
    Today's list:
    2 loads of washing, dry outside Second load ready to get in, third load done ready to peg outside tomorrow (hopefully!)
    Walk to Lidls to buy some yogurt as I have run out (their Greek yogurt is the best and cheapest I have ever found :)) And OH tells me we have run out of bananas as well Done, *may* have bought some other bits as well :o but all will get used :)
    Cook some more rhubarb from the freezer Ready to go in oven when the meat / roast veg come out :)
    Wrap an ebay item ready for posting tomorrow, hoping for a few more sales! Still to do, no more sales yet unfortunately :(
    Bit more gardening :)Planted out a pot of narcissi that had bloomed indoors (cut the dead flowers off first) under my little fruit trees at the back of the border, so I can enjoy them again another year :), watered pots that needed it, bit of tidying.
    Hoover first floor as it is a mess :eek: Done, also gave bathroom a good clean. We have decided to decorate the stairs, hall and landing over the summer, and have the stair carpet replaced, as it is getting rather worn (been down 6 years, and had a lot of traffic!). Decorating won't cost much - just some paint, we will do it ourselves, but the carpet will be an expense that needs budgeting for!
    OH hoovered downstairs while I was busy upstairs :A
    YS shoulder of lamb for dinner later. We don't get vast reductions in the supermarkets here, so it was great to find this piece of lamb reduced by £4, as it is so expensive, we don't have it often :T In oven now, with some rosemary from the garden (I am determined to use more of these herbs that I grow!)
    Half a butternut squash to use up - will roast alongside potatoes :)Rather too much - used some, but I found 2 manky parsnips whose need to be used up was far more urgent. Possible soup making tomorrow to use the rest of the BNS :)

Oops, I spy OH attacking another clock :eek:
    Have a great day everyone :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: finally a chance to post. Lovely lie in this morning, combination of the week catching up with us al and the clocks meant it was nearly 9 (new time) before we were up :eek: 8 is unheard of in this house so that was bliss. Lovely homemade gifts from small :D

I have already been for a run whilst she cooked breakfast

I will also:
    Quick tidy round
    Meal plan for week
    Going to sisters for lunch
    Wrap present for dads birthday and mums Mothering Sunday gift
    Get ready for tomorrow, make lunches and gets bags ready
    Depending on what time we're back maybe an hour in the garden.

Enjoy the sunshine folks.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

Yesterday was dd's birthday and she had a party at home, lots of fun was had by all the children. We mainly played traditional party games with a few others bits and pieces thrown in. When the guests arrived we had them decorate brown paper sandwich bags, these we used as their take home bag (approx 90p for 10 :money:) all the cakes were made at home. We also served a lot of fruit and veg, something I know everyone there would wolf down, along side masses of Aldi pizza. We also had sweets and chocolate when playing games. Savings were made by NOT hiring a venue, nor having outside caterers, nor having an hired entertainer, or expensive party bags and contents. DD had a great time and for once was able to have a party actually on her birthday, previous years we have had to reschedule due to extreme weather, dd having chicken pox, measles and ds having flu.

Friday I went shopping, it felt like to every shop in town, with a very detailed shopping list to get our weeks groceries + things for the party (food, prizes etc) + collect dd birthday present, which was on offer with 20% off + ingredients for the surprise :wink::wink: meal the children are cooking me today + buy Easter eggs. I didn't manage to get the latter as the ones we wanted were not available :mad:

Yesterday my sister brought us a fresh pineapple, came with their fruit box and only dn eats it. She also brought us a couple of loaves of bread from an artisan bakery which she picked up whoopsied :T

Today's plans:
    Spend an hour doing some thing with ds, his choice (dd out a lot today, so I will have time with her another day)
    Enjoy eating birthday cake
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    NSD
    PAD
    Check Ashleigh, FPL
    On going survey
    Try and find time to do a survey
    Enjoy surprise meal
    Do not make bread, eat free bread from sister
    Do not wash hair
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    Make a batch of porridge
    Entertain us for free
    May be do a lesson or two

Tidy house = tidy mind
    Delete 100 emails
    15 minute quick tidy of living roof
    15 minute quick tidy dinning room
    15 minute quick tidy of kitchen

Friends may be visiting later as well, but no idea when.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    Yesterday was pretty much as expected, not a moment to spare. I was non stop from about 7am until 10pm. It was a good day overall but I am suffering a little bit this morning. Not hungover (I drove last night so didn't drink) but tired. I had a headache by the time I got into bed at half ten, and woke up about 2am feeling really unwell.
    Today I don't know what is planned, but I don't mind as long as it is less than yesterday. The kids are still in bed, so I don't know what mother's day treats are in store for me, but I'm really pleased with a bit of extra me time this morning. I definitely don't feel 100% but a cuppa and a leisurely breakfast on here is good. I'm off to see my mam in a bit which will be lovely. Hopefully I'll bag a nsd as well. Lost track this month but it's not been a good one.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Happy mothers' day to all the mums. Big hugs to anyone who is missing their mum today.

Will catch up soon, been a mad couple of days and have been feeling unwell with taking the amoxicillin. Coming to the end of it now but ear probs still remain :(

Very un-mse as had to pay for train ticket last night then a cab home due to massive gas explosion on the train route (you may have seen this in the news)

Have a lovely day all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning

Yesterday was dd's birthday and she had a party at home, lots of fun was had by all the children. We mainly played traditional party games with a few others bits and pieces thrown in. When the guests arrived we had them decorate brown paper sandwich bags, these we used as their take home bag (approx 90p for 10 :money:) all the cakes were made at home. We also served a lot of fruit and veg, something I know everyone there would wolf down, along side masses of Aldi pizza. We also had sweets and chocolate when playing games. Savings were made by NOT hiring a venue, nor having outside caterers, nor having an hired entertainer, or expensive party bags and contents. DD had a great time and for once was able to have a party actually on her birthday, previous years we have had to reschedule due to extreme weather, dd having chicken pox, measles and ds having flu.

I used to do children's parties just like this BB, the whole class always came (village school + we lived in a bigger house back then :)) and they all loved it :) Not sure when it all became such a consumer fest :(
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning

sounds lovely BB! I'm planning a similar event. dgd only knows about 8 kids so seems a huge waste of money for a big thing! Was planning to have a bbq on a beach but now our garden is being done it'd be rude not to make the most of it!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Glad you got home safely CLF!!

Ha ha DNMS - I can't even take all of the credit - it was OH's idea/cupboard raiding skills! Wonders will never cease :rotfl:

I need to go shopping today though or do a prime now shop. Prime now is min £22 so nipping to @ldi for a few bits might be cheaper but I CBA...and chances are I will spend more than £22 anyway IYSWIM... :think:

I sent my mum a v mse card for mother's day - I bought it last year and didn't use it (left the house without it and had to buy another to post...) and I put some posh tea bags in with it. She is always moaning about us not spending our money on her so I think she is happy that my posh tea bags fulfilled the brief. :p She is off chocs for lent and flowers were a lot more expensive - tea is her next favourite thing...

In other money saving news I crocheted my pal a baby hat and knitted her a baby toy to go with the nappy cake I'm making her. Also secured a lift to her house next weekend to give her them :A

Best get off and tidy up a wee bit/decide if I'm going to go out.

xxx
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today has been a busy one again, I took all of the soft play stuff out of the car and into the garden, then all of the table top sale stuff out to the car, then all of the soft play stuff into the sitting room until after the sale next Saturday when it can all go back in the car again :rotfl:

The house looks a total mess because it's been ignored in favour of doing outside stuff while the weather has been good but I can sort one room each evening this week.

My mum was delighted with the afternoon tea I made her, more so even than when I took her out for proper afternoon tea so that was a raging success! We only won £3 at bingo so £1.50 each, I spent mine on a bag of tortillas and some guacamole :rotfl: One of the old boys there asked for a lift home and has asked my mum to go dancing with him, I was sat there like a right gooseberry while he took her phone number :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    so annoying! My copy & paste function seems not to be working so I can't set up a new thread! Have been up an hour so will post on here, I would say I'll copy it on to the new thread, but obviously can't! Last night I started to feel ill and have today woken up with a cold. another annoying thing! I had such high hopes for my last day of no responsibilities!

Things I need to do today:

* sort out payday bills - couldn't do last week as coop hadn't sent me the card reader thing
    * all meals from stores - something out of freezer for today
    * make madam's lunch
    * going to pick up free manure this afternoon and take to the allotment (getting a lift there and it's going in the trailer rather than my car :D)
    * flylady
    * list 3 things on fleabay
    * sow some seeds :)

Ok think that's it. Might get away with a NSD :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills