Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LuckyPenny wrote: »
    Hi all
    I feel awful saying this after CCL's post....I got some good news today. Boss has told me I'm getting a pay increase and bonus. I'm going to pay it straight off my CC before my DH gets his hands on it! Separate banks accounts but my plans won't be changed. I want to be debt free by Christmas.

Don't feel awful - that's fantastic news. Congratulations :j
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all :coffee:
    I'm thrilled to have made it to Friday. It's been a so-and-so of a week at work this week, and coupled with not sleeping well it's been hard work. Still managed to escape without bringing work home with me, which is a good job as I have a busy weekend ahead with Mother's Day and a night out tomorrow night.
    Not too much mse to report. Surviving and still a week to go until payday...
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today has been a good day for me, nice things to work on, the train got me to work on time and I remembered my lunch. We got let off an hour early so I was able to drive to my GPs to pick up my prescription and then get it filled at Sainsbugs so now I don't have to get up early to collect it tomorrow morning.

While I was there I got a nice vase for my mum for MD and some flowers to go in it, (which I will also be borrowing to use to prop my order of service pics :rotfl: ) a China tea cup and a card. I've told her my plan for me bringing round afternoon tea to hers and she sounded pleased (she's a fussy eater so this way I can only make what I know she likes.)

I bought Chinese on the way home but kept it cheap.

Happy Friday everyone!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Not much happening here today on the MSE front as we have been out all day, and even grabbed fish and chips on the way back :o

*Took small car instead of big pickup as the bridge toll is half the price
    * Free lunch and cake :T - provided by DD1
    * Kept takeaway costs to minimum by having a piece of fish each and sharing a single portion of chips - the portions are HUGE, so there is plenty, even though OH has a big appetite. I can't see how anyone could eat a whole one on their own :eek:

*No heating, as we haven't been here, but it isn't cold, second night running we haven't bothered to light the stove :)
    *Sold 2 ebay items, which I will pack and post in the morning
    *A few surveys for onepoll
    *Sent for a free sample of dog chews from Purina (thanks for the heads up Ziggy - I think it was!)
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 March 2017 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Maria – poor poor sheep, I hate the thought of animals suffering
    FVD – afternoon tea at home sounds amazing, I’m sure your mum would love that

Just over an hour left at work. I love this time of day, especially now I can get the curtains open and listen to the birds chirping away.
    I need to work on my essay today so unfortunately nothing exciting is happening with me :( Today I also plan to:

• [STRIKE]Check bank account[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check FPL / Ashleigh / Number plate lotto / lucky phone[/STRIKE]
    • Enter some competitions
    • Pack / Bin / Bag for charity shop/Ebay 20 things for moving
    • [STRIKE]PAD[/STRIKE]
    • B / L / D from cupboard
    • Working again tonight
    • Charge phone / tablet / laptop at work
    • [STRIKE]Shopping list / Asda / B&M[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Get fuel / electricity[/STRIKE]
    • Work out April’s budget
    • [STRIKE]Cancel standing order to current landlord[/STRIKE]
    • Check what’s in the freezer and do a meal plan for the week
    • [STRIKE]Update signature[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Update spending diary[/STRIKE]

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
    Lx
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone it has been a manic week!

- I had a family wedding in London, we had a brilliant time and were very well looked after, all food and hotels rooms paid for by the hosts, which was very generous.

- I got a reduced price train ticket up, and used contactless card around london, I bought breakfast on the way home £5. Less than £20 spent

- Sunday we went to the Zoo and used annual pass, which make the cost per visit very low as I think we have used it three times already this year. We also got to do an adventure trail for free as it was pass day.

- Full week at work and took lunch on all days.

- Cancelled all policies on old car, extended warranty, breakdown cover and change insurance to new car, I think about £170 coming back so I have paid this off the CC.

- Family Funeral too this week, again we were very well looked after and turned into a NSD.

- The 2nd part of the wedding is in Sep, so I have booked an air B and B for it, that if needed can be cancelled, I need to keep an eye out for cheap train tickets as they are currently £500!!! I don't want to drive.

Stuff for today

- Read the gas and electric meters
    - Shopping needed today
    - DS of to dance, all paid for in advance.
    - Get Flowers for Mothers Day, from supermarket I think.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 March 2017 at 8:50AM
    Options
    Morning Lottebear & fendi-bag-lady :)

looks like a beautiful day here in the south :) Planning to keep it low key on the mse front as worked hard this week, so can have a little slack over the weekend :) Taking madam to football at 10.30, hopefully oh will do that ;) I'm planning to go to the allotment after another coffee to do a little raking & tidying and measure up the bed to make a raised bed for madam (will be using materials already in the garage ;))

other than that doing 'something' with oh and madam. Maybe use the heritage cards? Maybe go for a walk and a pint. Oh we could actually go for a walk in the woods where wild garlic grows :D let's see what oh has to say

someone coming to pick up stair gate sold during the week. I've been trying to flog it for ages and this time it went :money:

need to freeze 1/2 of the brownies I made last night. Oooo I was on the brink of calling for a take out but the idea of going out for a meal tomorrow with dd - no doubt will be expensive! - motivated me to get in the kitchen and knock something up! Made a spicy bacon pasta dish and knocked up a tray of brownies which squashed that idea down :)

The house is all clean and tidy after doing flylady all week so just a swish and swipe of key areas and staying on top of it and I think it'll stay looking good :) you know what I've tried many times over the years to do flylady but this was the first week I stuck with it. The house is remarkedly tidier and looking more in order after 1 week! Feel that over a couple of months cleaning the house will be a very small task

Need to pick up some flowers with madam for dd for tomorrow.

I might list 3 things on fleabay just to keep momentum going. I'm a little ahead of my 3 things a day so might have a day off... Lucky Penny a little while ago you said ipod boxes were selling for £10. did you mean the clear little cases they come in? If you did what did you search for? I couldn't find them anywhere!

Ok that's all. Have a lovely day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    Mr f has had to work today & I need to cook some stuff to take down to Mum & Dad's when we visit tomorrow. So have decided to get an audiobook on & have a 'kitchen day'. If I've got to cook anyway, I may as well go for it & get some stuff made for the freezer too. Will check back later with what I made.
    Have a good day all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 March 2017 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Looks to be a lovely sunny day, so looking forward to getting out in the garden :D
    Also need to:
    Pack an ebay item - sadly, it will need a little polish before I pack it - it is a silver plated item. I will also polish another item that has sold but not yet been paid for. This means I will only need to get messy silver polish stuff out once instead of twice! Done
    Post office with sold/paid item. It would be good if the other buyer paid up in time for posting today, too! Done, other buyer didn't pay in time (though theyhave this afternoon) so will have to wait till Monday!
    List at least 2 new items, relist others that are due to end today Listed 8 new things :T Relisted those ended :)
    Sort out some things to take to my sales unit which I haven't managed to get to this week due to kids / migraine etc Done, took some new things down and brought some back - still need to put this away, 2 boxes of it :(
    Make fish cakes for dinner - might delegate this to OH :pOH did them while I walked the dog :D He used some parsley from the garden.
    Need to buy some milk, but don't need anything else. I will get some from the corner shop, as temptation rarely lurks there! Stopped at the Coop - OH went in, came out with a fancy loaf of bread as well as the milk, oh well, not much damage there!

Hope everyone has a nice, and equally sunny, day :D

Potted up tomato seedlings :)
    Put (free from bonfire pile at community centre) pea sticks in to support the mangetout peas which are just germinating :)
    Cut off and composted the daffodil flower heads that have gone over, also pulled out some weeds from the gravel in the front garden :)
    Sowed some broad bean seeds in pots in the mini plastic greenhouse thingy to fill in the gaps in the rows in the raised bed :)
    Watered blueberry and quince tree pots :)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hoping that everyone has a good weekend.
    Been awol a couple of days as unfortunately it was time for my mum's cats final journey on Wednesday. I nearly turned around at one point as I had to take him on my own and he howled all the way there. My mum has struggled since so DD and I went to get her a Rosebush and a little cat statue yesterday which she was happy about as at least she will have something to look at when she looks out of the kitchen window.
    I'm on a course tomorrow(free lunch provided) so won't see her till later but got her favourite perfume yesterday as well-only paid 5 towards it as used vouchers from RM surveys. Also have chocolates that I bought after Christmas.,DD and I happened to be in Tesc@ after Christmas when they had reduced the chocs to half price, even with really good best befores on them so was able to pick up my mum's and brothers favourite chocs.......and kept them safe........only ate the one spare box and now can't find my mum's One!!
    Nothing else much going on, close eye on banking, all checked.
    New car ordered with adaptations being changed so my wheelchair will go on top of the car. Have been lifting the chair over me for 20 years-even when I was pregnant, but pain clinic are now putting their foot down, especially after my op goes ahead
    Hope to get a bit of housework done this weekend have fallen behind with this
    Everyone is sounding so productive with their seedlings if I did this one of my cats would eat them thinking I had put on a luxury salad bar for her. Can't have flowers in the house as she pulls the heads off them and has a go at eating them.
    Maria I hope something can be sorted with the lambs, it is awful
    DNMS brownies sound fab...definitely my sort of thing, only I wouldn't get away with freezing the rest, DD would want to take them to school as snacks.
    CCLI hope you get to put ur feet up this weekend, u always sound manically on the go....I don't know how u do it
    Right off to get ready to take my DD for her driving lesson. Have a great weekend everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family