We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Christmas food shooping, anyone starting now?

Options

Comments

• angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    somerfield have the large tins of roses or was it quality street :confused: at the mo for £4.99 i thought that was a bargain. i also have a hugggeee turkey in my freezer i bought last dec for 99p languishing in my freezer, i hope its gonna be ok for this year :D
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will be starting with the first shop in our new home on Friday - OH doesn't have a sweet tooth so chocs will be safe!
  • scrimpingbadger
    Options
    Tescos has 2 tins of Roses/Quality street for £9 (we got 4). I always buy one for use with the justification of that 'the tin is always handy to have for cakes/things'.

Oh and the chocolate's not bad either....
  • Chrisca50
    Options
    I've got the Tesco 2 tins of quality street/roses/etc for £9, bought 3 boxes of either nougat/turkish delight/etc etc for £5 in M&S and some of their shortbread while its on offer. Going to keep an eye out for any other offers while out and about:D
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have I've started buying in the baking stuff ready for the christmas pudding making session. I'm also thinking of making my own christmas cakes this year for pressies.

EM xx

PS - Also the odd box of biscuits etc
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • noahpepperpot
    Options
    IVE GOT 2 BOXS OF BISCUITS FOR CHEESE
    A JAR OF MINT
    2 BOTTLES OF COKE
    1 TIN OF ROSES
    1 JAR OF ONIONS
    NEED TO GET MORE I THINK !!:rudolf: :xmassmile :xmassign: :xmastree: :snow_grin :snow_laug _party_ I LOVE CHRISTMAS
    THE LOVE WE GIVE AWAY IS THE ONLYLOVE WE KEEP :A :A
  • Polly_Pod
    Options
    Keeping an eye on the ole nectar points & putting the present list together.

I hate being skint in January so it may be sad to be starting now but it's only 3 pay day's away :rolleyes: (i'm gonna get linched for that now) & i'll be able to have fun in the january sales.

Good luck everyone xx
    2010 - nothing as we emigrated to Australia!!! :j
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just been discussing this in work, I always start around now buying an item or two each week(depending on cost) and I have a nice box that i keep in my wardrobe i aim to fill this before christmas, like others i am on a tight budget and if i leave it till last minute we end up with not very much...
    This year the boys will be 5 & 7 so are eating a LOT more.....

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL amateurs! We've had christmas savings/prep/planning threads since january on the celebrations board :rotfl:

You could always come join us ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • dizzy_lizzie
    Options
    Well I've got a little box of quality street, they're safe from me because I'm a vegan, but if the kids see them...oh and crackers bought in the sale last year. Will buy cranberry and apple sauce this week. x
    Official DFW Nerd Club Member no:219
    In the Court Of The Crimson King
    I don't believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.
    Gary Larson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family