We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Christmas food shooping, anyone starting now?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Little_Miss_Saver
    Options
    I brought some choccies and biscuits in tesco's on Saturday. DS already driving me mad for the chocolate fingers!!

Just ordered my wine off the tesco website, got free delivery and 1000 clubcard points (got code off the discounts/codes board) :j

I've made a start abit earlier than I normally would this year to try and spread the cost abit more.

LMS xx
    Mortgage Balance 1st May 2009 £94749.00 :(
    Current End Date 1st April 2039.
    Total Overpayments to date £950.00 :j
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I've bought the two tins of celebrations from Tesco at £9. I've also bought this years' Xmas Pud from Asda in the January sale! It was one of their "Finest" range, and was £9 reduced to £4.50. he best before date is March 2008!!!!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• prophecy_grrl
    Options
    I've started my xmas food shopping already, and have cleverly concealed the spoils in a little-used kitchen cupboard - out of sight out of mind! I have 2 boxes of luxury biccies, 2 boxes of pringles, 3 tubes of fruit pastiles/jelly tots, big bags of pistachios and peanuts, biccies for cheese and a 4 pack of mini xmas puds. So far I've spent £18.77, and I'm hoping to keep stocking up on bits and pieces every week before the 'big' christmas shop in December. I'm loving being organised this year!
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • vij
    vij Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    pressies almost done.

Food so far 1 bottle wine, I box biscuits 1 tin roses, 1 xmas pud (from kast year but Ive been feeding it)
  • shockingmoment
    Options
    Christmas dinner last year......

Booked a take away from our local Indian restaurant. We (Mrs SM and 2 SM juniors) each chose our favourite, and we mixed and matched.

No complaints, no hassle, no hard work, very few dishes.

btw - they even opened up specially to cook it for us so it was really fresh.

And guess what - we're doing it again this year!
  • Buffy_the_Vampire_Bat
    Options
    I have to say I don't really bother buying lots of sweet nibbly bits for Christmas as a) apart from when we have guests it's just the two of us anyway, and b) when we have guests they usually bring sweet nibbly bits with them :D

I do confess to buy the odd bag of savoury nibbly bits though - especially the limited edition ones like Christmas tree shaped Doritos. Not buying anything in advance this year though as we will be off to Devon for a week on Dec 22nd, and need to wedge everything in the boot of our Focus hatchback :D

I am squirrelling my Nectar points (currently at £27.50 worth) and Clubcard vouchers (about £15 worth at the moment) to put towards booze and the Doctor Who series 3 DVD boxset...ok I can't eat a DVD but I sure wouldn't mind nibbling on David Tennant :happyhear
    DFW no.554 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :T
    DAVID TENNANT CAN PROBE ME WITH HIS SONIC SCREWDRIVER ANYTIME...:A
    FLYING THE FLAG FOR THE CAMBRIDGE BOOTS TARTS :happyhear
  • Phatmouse
    Phatmouse Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    I got cranberry sauce in the Jan sales!!!

I will get a ham to roast, some cheese and chutney, hot chocolate and marshmallows for christmas eve. Turkey with trimmings for christmas day followed by trifle.
    1 tin of sweets.
    Crusty bread, salad & mayo for turkey and ham sarnies boxing day.

Usually have bacon and brie sarnie with bucks fizz on christmas morning, however this year I am pregnant so just standard weekend brekfast of bacon and orange juice for me.

The christmas is finished!!!!!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got email from lidl-christmas market from 15th october
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income