We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Christmas food shooping, anyone starting now?

Options

Comments

• lucrecia_595
    Options
    So far I've made our Xmas cake and it's almost ready for it's first feed. I've bought a box of Ferrero Rocher's from the Co-op, they're on 2 for £8 and you get 24 in a box.

Of course only one has been put away for Christmas :D
  • kimmie32_2
    Options
    Well i bought the Tesco 2 tins for £9 and one tin gone already!!!!! So not a good idea for me to buy early as its too tempting.....
    No one said it was going to be easy!!

Sept GC £160:money:
  • sunnyflower
    Options
    Well we don't start buying stuff till nearer the time,( end Nov / beg Dec) because we always used to buy WAAAAAAAY to much grub,and as the diets start in January, we'd be stuffing ourselves stupid to get the surplus food out of the way!

This year though, my daughter is having a 16th birthday party so I will be buying bits n pieces soon for the 30 + teenagers, so if anybody notices any BOGOFs for party food please post them ! Or indeed any hints tips to keep this party cheapish!

• Gettin_me_own_back
    Options
    Started a couple of weeks ago, bought a gammon and joint of pork from costco when it was on passport offer. Bucks fizz being delivered today and again on Monday, due to Tesco points glich. Further wine being delivered next Friday. Crackers bought in Boots 90% sale last January, along with christmas cards and all wrapping paper. Large christmas pudding( I dont like) from Thorntons in sale last Jan with BB date of april 2008, cost 50p. Last week bought 4 boxes of Tesco finest mini apple and caramel cheesecakes ( I do like) 50p a box.
    First christmas at home for a few years and am catering for 12 adults, 2 teanagers and 2 x 9 year olds.
    No set menu in place just told them all its going to be buffett and pot luck, so will pick up goodies when on offer.

Morrisons are usually the best place for BOGOF offers on nibbles and stuff.
    CUT OFF DATE FOR XMAS 2008 1st NOV
    PB £17.87, Ipoints 3907, QUIDCO £217.94,
    SHOP&SCAN 1950, LITESPEED 1265,PINECONE £8,
    BOOTS £18.62, IPSOS 1190, VALUED OPINIONS £19.25,
    MISC SURVEYS CLICK THROUGH ACCS ETC £23,
  • Mrs7ones
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    I've started getting a few bits - got mini pickled onions and gerkins, a huge jar of Lidl (gurktopf) gerkins as they're lovely and some different flavoured stuffing mixes (love the apricot and walnut one)

As for the chocs - got 5, 1kg tins of roses from www.halfcost.co.uk for £7 - sell by date was end of August but they're fine (had a little check for research purposes ;) )

Saving my last lot of clubcard vouchers for the rest of it - should have £80 worth in November and got about £15 on my nectar card.

I don't suppose you have any discount codes for this website do you??
    I've seen one or two things I'd like to buy, but the p&p is quite pricey in comparisson!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    we ve got all our sweets and booze also got large jar of pickled onions, nuts xmas day meat,christmas cracker kits because i preferr to choose the contents myself.
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j I've got lots of bits and bobs for the kids stocking fillers and a jar of pickles
  • LaurenNorwich
    Options
    I have two boxes of biscuits from m&s as on offer at the mo and a jar of pickled onions. Trying to get a couple of little bits each week so as to not notice the cost!
  • pennyocs
    Options
    i have two tins roses and quality street wanted the heroes and celebrations aswell but didnt have them in while the offer was on also have a couple of packs of orange and lemon jellie slices also got £200 morrisons stamps will try to get biscuits,crisps,nuts,pop,and more chocs every week with my normal shop.we never buy the fancy boxes of biscuits i usually just buy individual packets of the ones we like that way i can just buy a couple of packs a time usually bogof
    when your life is a mess light one more cigarette its so logical!!

get up and dance,get up and smile,get up and drink to the days that are gone in the shortest while :T
    There's no profit in peace boys we better fight some more:(
  • ashli_2
    Options
    I started on the unperishables today...just a few bits in my Tesco.com shop.

We also went way overboard last year, so we are going for fewer bits of better quality this year i think :D
    Total Original Debt: £30404.24
    Current debt: £18586.16
    Total Paid: £11857.74 38.95% :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills