We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Glad you're home Kathryn now as my name says Take it Easy :D

Happy belated birthday 🎉Tweets :A

My poor Diezel was attacked by an aggressive husky today while out with hubby, he's ok but boy did he scream :(. Was very anxious when out for his 2nd walk and needed lots of reassurance.
    Owner of husky was very apologetic but turns out it's done it before :mad: glad I wasn't there, wouldn't have been good for my anxiety :(

Personally my first thought (after my dog being ok) was whether hubby had left the owner in one piece 🤣

Thank you :)

I have to be careful when out with Poppy she hates dogs think it was when she was attacked twice within 2 weeks about 5 year ago. Stupid 2 pugs off leads came at her then another time dog attacked her from behind that dog was also off lead :mad: I don't go near park now and never let Poppy off lead.

Hope your dog will be ok and it doesn't affect Diezel :(

Time for bed so will say goodnight :wave:
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    What a gorgeous dog TWEETS, her little face :heartsmil hope you had a lovely birthday!

Glad to see you are home KATHRYN, rest up and look after yourself x

I cannot believe that as a group we lost more that 14 stones. That's incredible and I'm so chuffed that I exceeded my target. Going to try really hard for this next challenge. Everyone's posts are so helpful and I'm so grateful for all your input.

I'm not long home from work after a crazy couple of days, I've barely skim read the thread so will go now and have a good catch up, it seems to be moving quickly.

Night all and good luck for the rest of the week x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Cazzaswfc
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Rum quark? Is that what it sounds like? :eek:.

Sadly not, only flavored :(

Greentiger, love Bully's twitter, he always posts the players "initiation" videos :rotfl:

Kathryn, hope you are feeling better soon.

Tommorow

Breakfast -Salted caramel quark, chopped banana & raspberries.
    Dinner -LO sausage casserole, veg and new potatoes 1 syn
    2 sasumas
    Tea - syn free beef curry and bns chips

Syns for snacks and then my hx a and b for supper
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • Whiplashy
    Options
    My favourite day of the year :j (even better than Christmas!) I LOVE pancakes! My mum used to always make them for me when I'd be sick. Has to be the real ones for me. I've tried all the "healthier" ones but they're just not the same. Did decide to go for store bought this year because I never use flour. Usually when I buy flour I keep eating pancakes everyday until it's all gone :rotfl: Haven't a clue how to syn them but I only ate 2 and had no other syn's today so I know I'm okay. For future reference is lemon juice free or is it synned? Could only find a fairly big bottle but there was no way I was going to have pancakes without it! I might use up the rest if it's not too bad syn wise.

tweets Poppy is absolutely gorgeous! Happy belated birthday :j:j:j
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,my menu plan for Wednesday....

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch... split pea and bacon with ( leeks onions carrot and a potato ) soup
    Ryvita 3 syns 3 for butter. Melon.

Dinner...bacon egg beans s/w chips tomato ,beetroot. Clementine x 2

Extra.. 2 Ryvita 6 syns inc butter. Ff. yoghurt. Melon.
    12 syns.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI all

Sorry been a bit AWOL this week as I was horrendously busy at work and home. Starting to see the calm again so hopefully back to posting daily.

Shala can you pop me down for a 10lb loss for this challenge please and also a STS for w/b 27/2/17 - thanks

Todays menu
    Breakfast: mushrooms, tomatoes. toast (HeB) and mixed berries. DG Coffee x 2 (4 syns)
    Lunch: Minestrone soup, apple, satsuma and ML yoghurt
    Dinner: Mayflower curry sauce (4 syns), onion, peppers, peas, chicken and rice.

total syns 8 (so far)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - sw ready meals
    Dinner - speedy curry and rice
    Snacks - cereal bars and fruit

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars

All whilst sitting with my feet up doing nothing. I'm being good and following instructions
    Zebras rock
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never heard of Success Express! Has it been taken over by SP days do you think?

I think so.

SE worked for me on skint weeks as free food is cheaper than pure protein :)
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2017 at 10:01AM
    Options
    Managed to end yesterday on 8 syns - 6.5 syns for a 'real' pancake (140g flour / 4, is this right?) and 1.5 syns on 3 porky lights for tea. Bacon, eggs and lots of fruit afterwards.

Today is a 5 syn day:

B - Mushroom omelette

D - Sausage, passata and vegetable pasta (1 syn for 2 Morrisons eat smart cumberlands, which are lovely) and 1/4 melon. Seafood sticks and 2 apples if I need more food before I leave work!

T - Cottage pie (4) and green beans

HEXA is 1/2 cottage pie cheese and 1/2 milk

HEXB will be ryvita minis or alpen lights later.

Made the pasta as an alternative to take to my placement on Thursday, but made a ridiculous amount (4 sausages, 300g pasta, a carton of passata, 4 good squirts of puree, 2 peppers, 6 mushrooms, 2 onions and a good bit of garlic) so having it today for a change too.

BM is ironing and floor washing once I'm in. I must start my situps soon.

Happy losing lovelies!
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Not been focused this week at all, so 3 days of damage limitation now - lots of speed and fluids to try and get at least a sts on Saturday.

Interview was long and hard.............1 hr 10 mins of hard. I'll no by the end of the week. Anyway its done and over - now to focus on getting back on track and hitting the gym!

Glad to hear you are recovering well Kathryn, fingers crossed for your next scan.

Shala that sounds horrible - but good news for OH! Thanks as always for your hard work with the chart! We would be lost without you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure