Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all, not such a good day today - no breakfast, a lion bar and a jacket potato with chicken and salad then nothing for tea :/

tomorrow will be better - got an event first thing so going to quickly make overnight oats now (heb oats plus a muller light and some frozen summer fruits) for lunch I will either have a jacket potato with beans or a quick mugshot/noodles depending on how much time I get, tea will be spag bol - syns for sauce (3) mince (2) for garlic bread (6)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, Diezel seems ok today although we walked in a different area to where he was attacked. Hubby said he'd see how he is Saturday when he takes him back. He was a bit unsettled last night, especially about 3am when I got up for the potty :p. He wanted fussing and wouldn't let me go back to bed :(.

Well my book day costume arrived, I ordered a medium skeleton onesie height 5'2 - 5'6 (I'm 5'5). I put it on and the body bit was enormous, the crotch and bum hung down below my knees :eek::mad:.
    Made son try it on and fits him much better (he's 6'2) so definitely sent me the wrong size :mad:
    So instead of Funny Bones it's back to being Wally :(
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening - throwing my hat in first...

Had a lovely day out with Mum for her birthday. Delicious lunch in a little tearoom, not remotely SW friendly, but enjoyed every single syn - which I think is much better than going off-plan and then regretting it later because what you had wasn't worth it... Anyway, we ate leek, bacon and Caerphilly cheese quiche (the St David's Day special!) which came with a speedy salad (good! :D) and potato wedges (which were definitely not made with spray oil... :(). Then we had an orchard fruits (apple & sultana) sponge pudding with caramel sauce and ice cream - oops! :rotfl:

The plus side is that we didn't need any dinner because we were...unsurprisingly...not hungry. But we did have a piece of birthday cake this evening. Ah well, if I'm going to blow it, I may as well do it all in one day! :o

I only have one Mum, and she only has one birthday a year - luckily!! ;)

Straight back on track tomorrow:

B: Crunchy Bran HExB & Fruit (banana, raspberries & blueberries) with fat free greek yoghurt
    L: SW Roasted Veg soup
    D: Macaroni cheese with cauliflower and leeks added in, topped with tomatoes and HExA cheese (3 syns)

P x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    P.S. Glad Diezel seems OK today, TakeItEazy. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs! :mad:

P x
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done to all the losers.
    Lantana hope you hear about the job soon and its good news.

Piglet, it sounds like you had a lovely day with your mum.

Rather bored but still taking things easy.

Today's plan :
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - jacket potato
    Dinner - chicken keiv, wedges and salad
    Snacks - cereal bars and fruit

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Zebras rock
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Yep the change of syns on Porky lights seems to have facebook etc in the same about of meltdown as it did when they first came out and everyone was scrambling for them. Will be interesting to see what they finally come out as for syns.

Menu plan for me today:
    Breakfast: toast with cheese, ham and tomato, DG coffee (2 syns)

Lunch: noodles with chicken peppers onions mushroom and sweetcorn, apple, 2 clementines and a ml yoghurt

dinner: cottage pie with extra veg probably brocolli and caulifloer

syns: not sure I will need many more given all that lot lol but I may put some butter and milk in my potato for the cottage pie and just count that as my syns for the day.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Hi all, Diezel seems ok today although we walked in a different area to where he was attacked. Hubby said he'd see how he is Saturday when he takes him back. He was a bit unsettled last night, especially about 3am when I got up for the potty :p. He wanted fussing and wouldn't let me go back to bed :(.

Well my book day costume arrived, I ordered a medium skeleton onesie height 5'2 - 5'6 (I'm 5'5). I put it on and the body bit was enormous, the crotch and bum hung down below my knees :eek::mad:.
    Made son try it on and fits him much better (he's 6'2) so definitely sent me the wrong size :mad:
    So instead of Funny Bones it's back to being Wally :(

Good Morning :wave:

Snowed heavy during the night so everything is white out :(

Glad Diezel seems ok give him a big hug from me (((X)))

Potty that's a posh name :D its a gazunder at my house :p :rotfl::rotfl:

I am sat here :D doesn't take much to set me off :cool:
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Re the Porky Lights controversy...the company that makes them have apparently challenged SWs results so looks like this will rumble on.

In my quest to find the perfect sausage, can I recommend Aldi's reduced fat sausages - 2.5 syns each and taste like a proper sausage (unlike the Iceland SW sausages) sucessfully passing the grandaughter test in this house.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Since starting slimming world I haven't had any sausages at all. I prefer to use my syns on other things, but I know it is causing issues in our groups facebook group.
    I feel bad for any that have not had the losses they expected because of this.

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I tried Porky Lights once and really didn't like them so it wont be affecting me.

Such dramas though over a sausage!!! :rotfl:

We went out for dinner last night, just Mum and I, I had chicken breast with pepper sauce and bacon and chive mash with tobacco onions. It was lovely, def off plan but not as synful as the big burger and chips that I normally would have chosen!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure