Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    -1lb for me this week which I'm over the moon about :dance: Have been less than angelic this week, was expecting a maintain at best.

I spotted on Instagram earlier about the porky lights now being 4.5 syns :eek: I personally didn't like them but I bet there's a lot of gutted SW-ers out there today!

Not had a chance to catch up on whole thread but hope everyone's well

:A
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    -2.5 for me. Thought it would be less but delighted with that. Day 1 of dechox going well.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ruthy Only just come back to the thread. Have put the nutritional information through the syn calculator and looks as though you probably chose one of the best of the soups!

The 300ml comes out at 2.5 syns per portion using potato as the Free food.

Denise
  • joedenise
    Options
    Have just read through the rest of the thread which I hadn't read.

I've not even bothered trying the porky lights as I'm happy with my low fat butchers sausages - I syn them at 1/2 each as no fat comes out of them at all and he doesn't use any cereal in them at all, just egg to bind. I'm sure a lot of people at my group, as well as many others, are going to be absolutely gutted about the high syn value of them!

kathryn you should be thanking your family for putting such temptation out of your reach, LOL!

Lantanna - the interview sounds horrendous. Where I worked interviews were usually about 45 minutes. Hope after all that time you get the job!

Maman - I've also got a holiday the end of this month, only to the Isle of Wight this time, before Joe's op early April. I think I've still got too much to lose before then but I'll keep on plodding! Will have to book holiday this time if I'm not back in target range.

Denise
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, this will be my Thursday Menu plan...

Breakfast shredded wheat A/B mixed fruit

Lunch.. split pea, veg and bacon soup Ryvita 6 syns with butter melon.

Dinner..salmon. Salad s/w peppered wedges. Light salad cream. Apple.

Extra. 2 crispbread 5 syns inc butter. Clementine x2 f f yoghurt.
    11 syns
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,689 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Target members~~Can you help Please?
    I am out of target for secondb week as I couldent go last week because of the snow. So do I have to pay double tomorrow? :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Target members~~Can you help Please?
    I am out of target for secondb week as I couldent go last week because of the snow. So do I have to pay double tomorrow? :eek:

Depends on whether or not you let your consultant know you wouldn't be attending and booking a holiday week. Or she might be kind if you'd let her know and just put you down as a notified absence.

If you didn't let her know you will need to pay for last week as well as this week.

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,689 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Denise.
    I did let her know.
    We shall see.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a caring family you have, kathrynha!

Good for you, candyapple.

Wednesday’s plan – the reality

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, half hexb toast with 5g (I weighed it!) butter (2)

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation couscous (2) , chicken, [STRIKE]chickpeas[/STRIKE], syboes, red pepper, tomato, radish, Skyr ff strawberry yogurt
    Snack: hifi [STRIKE]choc mint[/STRIKE] salted caramel (3)
    Dinner: chunky chilli with [STRIKE]green [/STRIKE]rice, fruit (pear + 2 plums)
    Snack: half hexb toast with hexa cheese

Total: 7 syns

This posting my plan and then the ‘true confessions’ seems to be working – at least it has for a couple of days so I’ll keep on with it for the time being, if you'll indulge me.

Thursday’s plan
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: grapefruit, spaghetti hoops and roro sausage (1)
    Lunch: baked potato, beans & hexa cheese, frozen berries & ff natural Greek yogurt
    Snack: hifi choc mint salted caramel (3)
    Dinner: burger, gherkin, tomato and onion in hexb bun, with salad and SW chips, Skyr ff strawberry yogurt
    Snack: to be decided!

Total: 4+snack
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 March 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Weighed in tonight and 1lb off, though that's over two weeks so for the challenge I'll count it as 1/2 lb .

I'm a bit disappointed as I'm so close to losing my first stone (since 11th Jan) but I have had a few off days. I've still a way to go to get anywhere near target so it's not as if I'm slowing down.I think I need to keep syns under 10 a day, or 70 a week. I'm keeping a note of everything I'm eating so I'll have a look back and see what else I might change. Still, it is a loss so all in the right direction!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure