🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My plan for today. We have parents eve tonight so a quick dinner needed.

Today:
    B: Nothing again - I just cannot face food in the morning
    L: 300g Skinnylicious soup. Mexican Super Bean & Sweet Potato. I was hoping this was a HExB but I cannot find it on the app at all ! 1/4 Melon. FF Greek Yogurt & frozen berries.
    D: Omelette with spinach & mushroom. Veg on the side.
    HEXA - Milk in tea HEXB - Maybe the soup
    Syns: none planned

Can anyone help with the syns in the soup if not listed ?

Thanks
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,633 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're home and ok Kathryna, make sure you follow all instructions and lay it on thick to the family so they spoil you rotten.:D

Talking of old plans like Success Express, does anyone remember Mix to Max? SW in their wisdom decided that having Red plan meals and Green plan meals in the same day could work - it was around then that I lost all faith in SW, but I think it was the forerunner of Extra Easy so it turned out alright in the end.

LL :)
    Yes, I remember the plan but it was actually before I started SW properly. The other one my consultant told me about was the Gold plan, but it was one of the plans which wasnt generally available. It was alternate days of Red and Green! That was actually quite a good plan. Think when I did that I lost a bit more than the usual 1/2lb!
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    My favourite day of the year :j (even better than Christmas!) I LOVE pancakes! My mum used to always make them for me when I'd be sick. Has to be the real ones for me. I've tried all the "healthier" ones but they're just not the same. Did decide to go for store bought this year because I never use flour. Usually when I buy flour I keep eating pancakes everyday until it's all gone :rotfl: Haven't a clue how to syn them but I only ate 2 and had no other syn's today so I know I'm okay. For future reference is lemon juice free or is it synned? Could only find a fairly big bottle but there was no way I was going to have pancakes without it! I might use up the rest if it's not too bad syn wise.

tweets Poppy is absolutely gorgeous! Happy belated birthday :j:j:j

Yes, lemon juice is free so you can use it up with no worries.
    Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    My plan for today. We have parents eve tonight so a quick dinner needed.

Today:
    B: Nothing again - I just cannot face food in the morning
    L: 300g Skinnylicious soup. Mexican Super Bean & Sweet Potato. I was hoping this was a HExB but I cannot find it on the app at all ! 1/4 Melon. FF Greek Yogurt & frozen berries.
    D: Omelette with spinach & mushroom. Veg on the side.
    HEXA - Milk in tea HEXB - Maybe the soup
    Syns: none planned

Can anyone help with the syns in the soup if not listed ?

Thanks

Looked up that soup for you but it isn't on the SW website, however they do seem to be quite high syn. A butternut squash one was 14 syns for a 600ml pot:eek:. Seems very high for a "skinny" soup.

If you post up the nutritional information per 100g I'll put it through the syn calculator for you.

Ruthy - can I ask you not to change the font for you menu plan please? I find it very difficult to read the smaller print!

Will post my plan for today in another post as this one is getting very long.

Denise
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,633 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 March 2017 at 11:39AM
    Options
    Right, I'm back again with my plan for today:

B - scrambled eggs on toast. Added cooked kale, pepper, spring onions, lettuce leaves & ham to the eggs. This is something copied from our Jamaican breakfasts
    L - spicy carrot & lentil soup; 1 slice of bread
    D - Barnsley chops (lamb double chops); swede & carrot mash, cauliflower, peas, asparagus & brussels
    S - 2 Ryvita; Laughing Cow triangle

HEA - milk
    HEB1 - toast
    HEB2 - bread (0.5); 2 Ryvita (0.5)
    Syns - Laughing Cow 1

Only realised it was an SP day after typing it up so added the 2nd HEB & 1 syn!

Denise
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy your Mum’s birthday, piglet.

Hope Diezel gets his confidence back quickly, TIE.

lantanna, that length of interview is draining! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Well, here’s Wednesday’s plan – meant to post it last night but fell asleep!

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes
    Lunch: couscous, chicken, chickpeas, syboes, red pepper, tomato, radish, Skyr ff strawberry yogurt
    Snack: hifi choc mint (3)
    Dinner: chunky chilli with green rice, fruit
    Snack: half hexb toast with hexa cheese

Total: 3 syns
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Looked up that soup for you but it isn't on the SW website, however they do seem to be quite high syn. A butternut squash one was 14 syns for a 600ml pot:eek:. Seems very high for a "skinny" soup.

If you post up the nutritional information per 100g I'll put it through the syn calculator for you.

Ruthy - can I ask you not to change the font for you menu plan please? I find it very difficult to read the smaller print!

Will post my plan for today in another post as this one is getting very long.

Denise

Many thanks Denise
    Info per 100g is:
    Energy 46kcal
    Fat 0.2g (saturated 0.1g)
    Carbs 6.9g (Sugar 2.3g)
    Fibre 3.4g
    Protein 2.3g
    Salt 0.43g

Sorry about the font size :o
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    hi all,

MAMAN - thanks for the link to the cutting down alcohol thread - made for really interesting reading.

managed to avoid the choc yesterday and also made it to the gym - thanks all for listening to my rant post yesterday afternoon - it helped to share my thoughts.

Plan for today
    B: muller light and strawberrys
    L: massive chicken salad with lots of speed
    D: sw quiche with bacon.
    Snacks: plums and carrot sticks
    HEA Milk, HEB scan bran and 3syns for sugar in me tea!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy St David's Day everyone!:)

ruthy, I've put your soup through the calculator and it comes to just 5 syns for the 600g pot so quite SW friendly.:) It's not listed as a HEB though so you'll need to syn it.

That interview sounds really gruelling lantanna. Glad it's over for you.:)

I'd never heard of the Gold plan denise but I know you had to stick to either Red or Gren for complete days. I can't see any reason why these old plans won't work now including Success Express. The only thing to be aware of is that some syn values will have changed with processed foods with new recipes but that's the same for all plans.

Good to be back on plan today. As we've got a week's holiday in March I need to be really good when I can.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickles
    D: sausage, mash, fried onions, cauli, broccoli, carrots, peas
    Syns: 2 for BGTY sausages, gravy 2?
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Damn my family. All biscuits, crisps and chocolate, and all but 2 cereal bars have been put out of reach. Would need to climb on a chair to get them, and that would hurt :(
    Zebras rock
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    What a gorgeous dog TWEETS, her little face :heartsmil hope you had a lovely birthday!

Glad to see you are home KATHRYN, rest up and look after yourself x

I cannot believe that as a group we lost more that 14 stones. That's incredible and I'm so chuffed that I exceeded my target. Going to try really hard for this next challenge. Everyone's posts are so helpful and I'm so grateful for all your input.

I'm not long home from work after a crazy couple of days, I've barely skim read the thread so will go now and have a good catch up, it seems to be moving quickly.

Night all and good luck for the rest of the week x

Thank you :)
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    My favourite day of the year :j (even better than Christmas!) I LOVE pancakes! My mum used to always make them for me when I'd be sick. Has to be the real ones for me. I've tried all the "healthier" ones but they're just not the same. Did decide to go for store bought this year because I never use flour. Usually when I buy flour I keep eating pancakes everyday until it's all gone :rotfl: Haven't a clue how to syn them but I only ate 2 and had no other syn's today so I know I'm okay. For future reference is lemon juice free or is it synned? Could only find a fairly big bottle but there was no way I was going to have pancakes without it! I might use up the rest if it's not too bad syn wise.

tweets Poppy is absolutely gorgeous! Happy belated birthday :j:j:j

Thank you :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TakeItEazy - hope your dogs happier on it's walks today. A neighbours dogs got into our garden mowed down some electric fencing and attacked our chickens last summer, only one was injured, but the stupid neighbour then let slip that they'd had another neighbours birds a couple of weeks before :mad: then had the cheek to suggest we should go to a different vets that's "cheaper" when we took him the nearly £200 of vets bills, maybe if he kept his dogs in his own garden he wouldn't get presented with vets bills :| lol

I saw someone mentioned porky lights,... have we all seen the news re the fat in them?
    I will copy and paste it... saw it on the pinch of nom facebook page earlier today
    The Food Co-ordination team at Slimming World Head Office has done some analysis on Porky Lights sausages, after becoming a little concerned about their fatty (albeit delicious!) texture.
    The analysis showed that the sausages were indeed much higher in fat than the nutrition panel indicated – and this does affect their Syn value significantly.
    We’ve been in touch with Porky Lights to let them know our findings, and they’re looking into it as we speak.
    To help protect your weight loss until we have accurate nutritional information to use as a base for our calculations, the sausages have been temporarily removed from Syns Online, the App and Weight Loss Planner’s Syns search and on the Syns Hotline.
    In the meantime, if you have a pack of Porky Lights in your fridge/freezer, we’d recommend you count 4½ Syns per sausage.
    We’ll be in touch with more news – through your Consultant – once we have it.
    EDIT TO ADD - Porky Whites are issuing a statement & findings this afternoon!

todays food
    B - Weetabix - HEB & Sugar 1 syn
    L - Jacket potato with salad and bacon and chicken "mayo" (quark)
    D - Stuffed peppers, I'm thinking stuffed with rice and taco style mince... with some salad for a change lol

Snack - apple, kiwi, 3 dutch crispbreads 2syns each

7 syns :)

weigh in day tomorrow, but not staying to group doing a runner to have pancakes with friends :D

food will be
    B - Yogurt and banana
    L - green omlette (spinach, basil, parsley) with roasted tomatoes, onions and peppers.
    D - going to take some hidden veg pasta with me

Syns - Pancakes! :D shouldn't be too bad probably about 8 syns like yesterday x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family