We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Cazzaswfc
    Options
    Finished the day yesterday on 8.5 syns

Today's menu

Rum quark, raspberries and grapenuts (half hxb)

Lo syn free bolognaise and jacket potato
    2 satsumas

Mini quiche 0.5 syns

Pizza topped chicken, salad, actifry potatoes - 3 syns mayo and oil
    Jelly 0.5 syns
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    I also had one of the banana pancakes but wasn't that impressed! Think I'd rather syn a real one!

Gone over on syns today as decided to have some wine this evening but this week has been so bad I'm not in the least bit surprised I've done so. Definitely in for a gain this week.

Denise

We enjoyed our pancakes I cant cook the proper ones I end up with a thick mess on plate so don't bother.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,669 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    We enjoyed our pancakes I cant cook the proper ones I end up with a thick mess on plate so don't bother.
    :rotfl:

Had to make "normal" ones for DH as well as the banana one for me.

Denise
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    Just gave the banana pancake a try with 1 mashed banana and 1 beaten egg and a tsp of cinnamon. It wasn't that bad obviously not as nice as a real one would have been but not a bad substitute!

Would make quite a nice pudding on another day I think with some fruit and yoghurt maybe :)
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great losses shiprob, WJN222..

Esmy, added you to the challenge x

Glad to see you safely home Kathryn, only worry about the kitchen if you smell smoke :eek:;)
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    I'm not congratulating myself as my contribution was a very tiny drop in the ocean.

:naughty: without your loss we wouldn't have got over 14stone! So :T:T:T

Everyone helped get the amazing loss, even if you weren't joining in with the challenge then you helped with support on the thread, 81% is the highest we've ever lost in 3 years so well done all :T:T

Bit of a mixed day here, we had redundancies happening at work :( and then found out that OH got promoted at his work so we had a sad but celebratory meal and pudding! :T

I won't get to class this week so it turned into a bit of a free for all as far as food is concerned :o must do better..

Hope everyone else is ok xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you're home Kathryn now as my name says Take it Easy :D

tweets wrote: »
    Our Poppy my baby girl :smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea

10gfh3q.jpg

166gkcw.jpg

Happy belated birthday 🎉Tweets :A

My poor Diezel was attacked by an aggressive husky today while out with hubby, he's ok but boy did he scream :(. Was very anxious when out for his 2nd walk and needed lots of reassurance.
    Owner of husky was very apologetic but turns out it's done it before :mad: glad I wasn't there, wouldn't have been good for my anxiety :(

Personally my first thought (after my dog being ok) was whether hubby had left the owner in one piece 🤣
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tuesday – had a lightbulb moment and made some changes!
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: [STRIKE]hexb porridge made with water, ff nat from frais, raspberries [/STRIKE] bacon, egg, mushrooms & tomato
    Lunch: [STRIKE]any veg frittata [/STRIKE]Batchelor’s cheese leek & ham Pasta ‘n’ Sauce (1), beetroot, orange and kiwi
    Dinner: chilli con carne, wrap (9), dips (2), hexa cheese, hexb oaty pancakes, mixed fruit, ff Greek yogurt, maple syrup (1)
    Snacks: rest of my hexb oaty pancakes with more mixed fruit & ff Greek yogurt

Syns: [STRIKE][STRIKE]definitely more than 25! (today’s 15 + yesterday’s [/STRIKE]10 saved)[/STRIKE] 12ish
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cazzaswfc wrote: »
    Finished the day yesterday on 8.5 syns

Today's menu

Rum quark, raspberries and grapenuts (half hxb)

Lo syn free bolognaise and jacket potato
    2 satsumas

Mini quiche 0.5 syns

Pizza topped chicken, salad, actifry potatoes - 3 syns mayo and oil
    Jelly 0.5 syns
    Rum quark? Is that what it sounds like? :eek:

Wine syns here too denise and feeling stuffed from my carvery meal. Fresh start tomorrow. :)
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very "open" plan for me tomorrow. Its my Mum's birthday, so we are going out for the day...

Breakfast will be fruit (banana, raspberries, pear & blueberries) with fat free Greek yoghurt - semi speedy and no syns. :T

Lunch will be out - not sure where yet, so will just have to make the best choice I can! :o

Not sure if we will stay out for dinner...?! Again, will try and choose wisely if necessary. Will save my HExs in case I can incorporate them into meals out. Hopefully, the thought that its weigh in the next day will help stop me going crazy!! :rotfl:

P x
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear you're home and ok Kathryna, make sure you follow all instructions and lay it on thick to the family so they spoil you rotten.:D

Talking of old plans like Success Express, does anyone remember Mix to Max? SW in their wisdom decided that having Red plan meals and Green plan meals in the same day could work - it was around then that I lost all faith in SW, but I think it was the forerunner of Extra Easy so it turned out alright in the end.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills