Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Maman~~ I wasent there last week because of the snow which was not really my fault as I cant walk in the snow.
    So will see what happens.

lantanna~~hope that you hear soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Maman~~ I wasent there last week because of the snow which was not really my fault as I cant walk in the snow.
    So will see what happens.

lantanna~~hope that you hear soon.

I'm sure they'll be understanding because of the weather.

I suppose it's right not to allow holidays in grace week otherwise you'd have more time to get back to target.

My cold from the other week has come back. :mad: It means I can't taste much so food is a bit pointless.
  • gingerfurball
    Options
    Hello all - haven't been here for ages...stupid life being complicated - but still hanging on to the SW wagon (ish lol) - I lost 5 lbs in Feb so I'm happy enough with that...will probably see a gain this week as we were in England all weekend for work and then visiting our boy in Leeds...so every meal was a restaurant for 4 days...and I tried but I didn't try too hard.

Big news we have a wedding in October...our daughter is marrying her Canadian fiance (Oct 23) so I really have a goal now - Ive been at SW coming up on a year now and I'm just short of 2 stone off - so taking the scenic route for sure - but I haven't been killing myself either. Would really like to lose 2 stone between now and then and I know it's achievable if I get serious.

I'll not join the challenge this time - but I will check in because your menus are all very helpful and you are all such a lovely bunch.

Going home tonight to make a roast chicken dinner with spuds and 3 veg...will make enough for leftovers tomorrow.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hope you cold isn't making you feel to ikky Maman.

I've managed to pretty much stick to plan yesterday and today. Mainly because I'm having to eat stuff that is easy and/or accessible.
    Feeling not too bad today, just bruised, but I am still being good and taking it easy despite being totally bored.
    Little concerned that I will have a gain next week, despite trying to be good, because I'm doing so little.
    Zebras rock
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s exciting news about your daughter’s wedding, gfb.

So how did Thursday go?

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: [STRIKE]grapefruit,[/STRIKE] spaghetti hoops [STRIKE]and roro sausage (1)[/STRIKE] on small slice wholemeal toast with butter (5)
    Snack: hifi choc mint (3)
    Lunch: baked potato, [STRIKE]beans & hexa cheese [/STRIKE]egg mayo (1), cress, syboes, tomatoes, frozen berries & ff natural Greek yogurt
    Dinner: burger, gherkin, tomato and [STRIKE]onion [/STRIKE]hexa cheese in hexb bun, with salad and SW chips, Skyr ff strawberry yogurt
    Snack: Hi fi bar (3)
    Total: [STRIKE]4+snack [/STRIKE] 12

Friday framework
    Breakfast: hexb muesli, fruit, ff nat Greek yogurt
    Lunch: hm tomato & basil soup, Skyr ff strawberry yogurt
    Dinner: smoked haddock, potatoes, veg to be decided
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You did well to STS denise when you were off plan at the weekend.

Good to see you gfb . How exciting to have a wedding to look forward to. The last thing you want is to be one of those frumpy mothers of the bride:eek:so excellent motivation to stay on track.

Pleased to hear you're improving kathryna . As you're bored why not write a meal plan and shopping list for next week?

I'm going to do very little this evening, first one at home this week, and hopefully feel better tomorrow. :)
  • Jude123
    Jude123 Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not got around to posting since I joined the challenge. I am doing a mixture of SP and EE days as I can't totally do without yogurt and carbs. Today was and SP day:

B Overnight Grape nuts (HEB), quark with vanilla essence frozen speed fruit
    Snack carrot batons
    L ham, egg, cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber tomatoes, beetroot, gherkin, shredded carrot, 3 babybel light (HEA), satsuma and 10 calorie jelly pot (1 syn)
    snack apple
    T SW bbq chicken with swede mash, strawberries, and grapenut chocolate cookies (4syns)

Back to EE tomorrow:)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    pixtotts wrote: »
    I've not tried the porky lights either. But I love sausages, the new Iceland SW pork and leek ones are quite tasty, the supermarker low fat ones tend to be only 1 syn ish... but I often have off plan ones and just syn them. I can't have a cooked breakfast without sausage haha. Actually glad I can't stay to group tonight it's all they will be going on about 😂

Grr were all out of bananas so I'm having weetabix and yogurt for breakfast instead. Green omelette for lunch as planned ☺ x

I agree the SW pork and leek ones are tasty and I also like the new sausage casserole.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone hope you are all doing well and not overindulging:D

This will be my Friday menu plan...

Breakfast.. f f yoghurt raspberries blueberries ,banana. Toast B +3 syns for Butter

Lunch.. veg soup Ryvita 3 syns Laughing cow triangles x 3.. 0.5 of A

Dinner.. fish B s/w peppered wedges peas, lemon, Apple

Extra 2 crispbread 2 syns 0.5 of A 3 laughing cow triangles A for Milk.
    8 syns . :cool::cool:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    STS this week
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure