• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Michael,

Is this...
    Michaelw wrote: »
    The answer is a lot nearer.
    Pimm's comments are noted also.A lot of people don't have the money to spare and have conditions to manage.

...a response to my previous post? If so I'm sorry it is a bit too cryptic for me. I still don't understand what you meant by "in total contradiction of their founding principles", could you please clarify what you mean by this?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2017 at 3:51PM
    Options
    Well those of you enthralled by my earlier posts will know I registered many weeks ago for the SSE to RHE Ebico switch but the registration website kept playing up or not showing any update when I selected the switch via the code in the original paper letter and I heard nothing or by email.
    I only just this week got 2 separate paper letters confirming the switch and asking for a reading but they were apparently dated nearly 2 weeks ago and only just got delivered! Also I was able to register an online Ebico account (finally got account number via one of those letters) but according to the pdf copies it stores online I was sent a "we are switching you" type letter way back in March which I never received! Something is fishy with the dates/delay or non arrival on these letters. One asked for a reading within 5 days but I never got it til now.

Anyway I was having second thoughts about the RHE/Ebico deal simply because feedback was quite mixed already on service etc but I only have gas with them and as long as I can get up to date online bills for varied seasonal readings ( usually pay quarterly) , I will see how it goes til Dec when prices will invariably rise on the Ebico Zero rate.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    An SSE operative checked gas and electricity readings within a day of each; I submitted readings for both to SSE and Ebico, yet I have only received my final gas e-bill. I've tweeted SEE and they keep giving me the SIX weeks mantra. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?:mad:
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the reverse situation - submitted my meter readings to Ebico and got my final electric bill from SSE within a couple of days. Nothing yet for gas, although apparently gas normally takes longer so I'm not too worried.

What do you mean by "An SSE operative checked gas and electricity readings within a day of each"? Didn't you do the readings yourself and send them to Ebico? Not sure why SSE would be involved in that part of the process.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I'm in the reverse situation - submitted my meter readings to Ebico and got my final electric bill from SSE within a couple of days. Nothing yet for gas, although apparently gas normally takes longer so I'm not too worried.

What do you mean by "An SSE operative checked gas and electricity readings within a day of each"? Didn't you do the readings yourself and send them to Ebico? Not sure why SSE would be involved in that part of the process.

In over three years as an Ebico customer, I have been emailing my meter readings to SSE, the bills have come from SSE, the meter reader has come to check the readings from SSE, I have paid SSE. I have never had any communication with Ebico from signing up until now. I sent them my start readings. Ebico was only the middle man between the supplier, (SSE), and the customer, me.

I've just had my final electric bill from SSE, nil. The gas bill will be here soon. The next quarterly bills will come from the supplier, whoever that might be.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    I have never had any communication with Ebico from signing up until now. I sent them my start readings. Ebico was only the middle man between the supplier, (SSE), and the customer, me.

Yup, I was responding to Mee who was 'furious' with SSE and/or Ebico. I wondered why SSE operatives were involved as at the stage Mee is at it should just be a case of sending the start readings to Ebico and then leave them, RHE and SSE to fight it out amongst themselves. ;)

I found it slightly strange Mee had got her final gas bill first as other reports say the electric one often comes some time before the gas one.
  • Checker
    Options
    Nightmare ! Have been with Ebico since they came onto to the market. Was advised about the change over to Robin Hood energy, but nothing about the fact that they would be charging a standing charge for both my pre payment meters. Called RHE several times ( after waiting to be connected for 20 + mins at a time )and was advised that the standing charge was unavoidable as Ofgem had applied the charge not them! Was offered smart meters but only after having been with them for 6 months. Cannot go back to SSE on Equipower rates. Now had to transfer to another energy company to avoid the standing charge. Just got my phone bill and been charged for all the time was on phone waiting to speak to someone at RHE. Have advised lots of people to transfer to Ebico, but feel so guilty now as they are on pre payment meters and may not have noticed!
  • Mee
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »

An SSE person left a postcard (4 days before the official switch) about a 'SIX monthly inspection' - they had accessed my gas meter as it is external and wanted access to the electricity meter. The next day I watched the person take the electricity reading and asked him to read it back to ensure he was looking at the right meter. I submitted readings by 'phone the night before to Ebico and the next day online to SSE to ensure they both had them.

SSE claim e and g accounts can be treated differently and take up to six weeks.

As I said my gas bill has been received and paid - the one I expected to be most troublesome from the previous experience of switching.
  • Mee
    Options
    Checker wrote: »
    Nightmare ! Have been with Ebico since they came onto to the market. Was advised about the change over to Robin Hood energy, but nothing about the fact that they would be charging a standing charge for both my pre payment meters. Called RHE several times ( after waiting to be connected for 20 + mins at a time )and was advised that the standing charge was unavoidable as Ofgem had applied the charge not them! Was offered smart meters but only after having been with them for 6 months. Cannot go back to SSE on Equipower rates. Now had to transfer to another energy company to avoid the standing charge. Just got my phone bill and been charged for all the time was on phone waiting to speak to someone at RHE. Have advised lots of people to transfer to Ebico, but feel so guilty now as they are on pre payment meters and may not have noticed!

Sorry to hear that Checker. Don't feel guilty - just ensure they know what happened as soon as possible.
  • Checker
    Options
    Thanks Mee, I have they are transferring as some are being transferred without standing charges. Other sadly cannot be bothered. I also submitted a complaint to Ebico RHE and was told that it needed to be directed to Ebico and was given a different number to call. So did. Only to hear the same songs playing while I was hold to them for 35 minutes. Was then told that Ebico and Ebico RHE are still on and the same and the operative should never have done this, while he laughed about it! Have received a response letter yesterday, dated two weeks ago, with an apology but no indication in the letter what they are apologising for and half of my original complaint missing. Ebico have handled this transfer very poorly and should have given customers more notice. My change over letters arrived days before the change was happening but dated a few weeks prior, so I still have to take the service while I wait for the change over. Not using new key or card from them until receive new one from company I have transferred over to. So angry !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure