Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• trickytree1963
    Options
    " I have finally received an electricity bill. Inspite of their own operative taking a reading and me submitting one they have sent an estimated bill and 30 units more than the actual reading. "

30 units at what difference between Equipowe and Ebico Zero tariffs? A whole £3 difference?

If that makes you furious I might organise a Just Giving page for you :)
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 6:05PM
    Options
    " I have finally received an electricity bill. Inspite of their own operative taking a reading and me submitting one they have sent an estimated bill and 30 units more than the actual reading. "

30 units at what difference between Equipowe and Ebico Zero tariffs? A whole £3 difference?

If that makes you furious I might organise a Just Giving page for you :)
    Hey newbie - I'm talking about SSE here! I'm not paying for 30 KWh with SSE and with Ebico/RH which would be the case if I paid an 'estimated' bill - which I would never do. Why would anyone pay for something twice over - SSE is not a charity the last time I checked.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    You wont pay for anything twice. If SSE have used a figure 30 units higher Ebico/RHE will adjust their start read to that higher read. :)
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2017 at 6:38PM
    Options
    SSE are issuing a new bill with the correct reading at my insistance. I submitted my readings to Ebico/RHE the night before, and fortunately, after calling Ebico/RHE they have confirmed they have the 'actual' reading I submitted.

Happy May Day (Labour Day/Spring Fest...) everyone.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    Lee, if you did nothing you will still be on SSE, as EachPenny says. SSE has cut it's ties with Ebico.

If you want to move to Ebico/RHE you need to tell them, and send them a meter reading. You can do this through their web site.

You need to check the tariffs on both sites to see which offers the best deals for you. Then make your decision who you want to be with.

Ilona

Not sure who is cheapest as SSE Ebico give me the price with VAT, whereas RHE Ebico gives me a quote without VAT added.

Who ever is the cheapest per unit of gas depend if I switch or stay.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    You tried adding 5% to the latter quote? :)
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Been away in France for an extended holiday.

I switched from Ebico Equipower to Scottish Power online fixed April 2018 as I said I would and with that tariff Ebico Zero was listed as a saving of £23 a year on comparison sites. But now top of the comparison list is Powershop with Powerpacks (essentially prepaid energy on a quarterly meter) at a saving of £52 a year.

So it could be that those who don't qualify for Warm Home Discount and have a quarterly meter might be better off prepaying instead of going with Ebico/RHE Zero.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    But now top of the comparison list is Powershop with Powerpacks (essentially prepaid energy on a quarterly meter) at a saving of £52 a year.

Before doing so, it would be worth people's time to read the separate thread on Powershop and potential issues with the way its innovative product's costs are shown in comparison lists. I understand the innovative features make it difficult to make simple comparisons with more traditional tariffs.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Before doing so, it would be worth people's time to read the separate thread on Powershop and potential issues with the way its innovative product's costs are shown in comparison lists. I understand the innovative features make it difficult to make simple comparisons with more traditional tariffs.

Not exactly all that innovative: There is for example Powerup from Scottish Power which is along the same lines. As time goes on with some consumers finding the product attractive there will be more alternatives becoming available.

I don't think there are any energy suppliers at all without negative comments on MSE. But in the case of Powershop I don't see the problem: We buy an amount of energy at a price we have agreed and that's about it.

Looking again at that comparison, Powershop comes out £30 cheaper than Ebico/RHE Zero.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    ...But in the case of Powershop I don't see the problem: We buy an amount of energy at a price we have agreed and that's about it.

Looking again at that comparison, Powershop comes out £30 cheaper than Ebico/RHE Zero.

The problem is that the price you agree with them may/will vary according to your circumstances. At the point you do the price comparison there has to be some assumptions made about how much you will pay, since the deals haven't been tailored to you yet.

You may get a good deal - if you are going to save £30 with Powershop then congratulations and very best wishes to you. :)

But assuming that everybody will save £30 by switching to Powershop from Ebico/RHE is nonsense.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport