Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    The problem is that the price you agree with them may/will vary according to your circumstances. At the point you do the price comparison there has to be some assumptions made about how much you will pay, since the deals haven't been tailored to you yet.

You may get a good deal - if you are going to save £30 with Powershop then congratulations and very best wishes to you. :)

But assuming that everybody will save £30 by switching to Powershop from Ebico/RHE is nonsense.

Where did I say "that everybody will save £30 by switching to Powershop"? Quote and link please. It could only possibly apply to those who are living in the same region as me because prices from region to region vary.

I still don't see your point: As I have already posted, I buy an amount of energy at the price I agree. Are you saying that the amount I agree to buy turns out to be less than I agreed to buy?

At the very least it does show that Ebico/RHE are not the cheapest and might encourage consumers to look elsewhere and not blindly accept Ebico's word for it.

Also note that Ebico sent me an advertising email shot singing the praises of Zero. From that do I assume that the take-up was less than they expected and they need to spam people? Ebico has certainly gone downhill hasn't it.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Where did I say "that everybody will save £30 by switching to Powershop"? Quote and link please. It could only possibly apply to those who are living in the same region as me because prices from region to region vary.

I still don't see your point: As I have already posted, I buy an amount of energy at the price I agree. Are you saying that the amount I agree to buy turns out to be less than I agreed to buy?

At the very least it does show that Ebico/RHE are not the cheapest and might encourage consumers to look elsewhere and not blindly accept Ebico's word for it.

Based on what you've posted on some other threads I suspect you have no intention of understanding any point being made and your real intentions are other than encouraging people to switch and save.

For anyone else who is actually genuinely interested in why the comparison sites may give results which may not reflect future costs I would suggest reading the following thread for an unbiased consideration of the issues.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5637436

Your experience, far from showing "that Ebico/RHE are not the cheapest", actually shows that in the specific circumstances you entered into a comparison site gave a particular result. Everybody will have different circumstances, and consequently different results.

Based on a belief you appear to support that anyone posting on MSE during the working day means they are unemployed layabouts then you are unlikely to believe the following - but for some Ebico customers their entire annual bill may be less than the savings you quoted, and therefore they are highly unlikely to save anything like the amount you claim.

The only thing your story really demonstrates is that if your consumption is so high you can make a saving of the amounts you suggest, then being on a ZSC tariff in the first place was probably a poor choice.

As you have adopted a rather strange approach in posting elsewhere I have no intention of taking this discussion any further with you. I do hope your new deal works out well for you Smed, but everybody else should follow the advice elsewhere on this board and use comparison sites to find out what is the cheapest deal for them.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Anthorn
    edited 28 May 2017 at 7:44PM
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Based on what you've posted on some other threads I suspect you have no intention of understanding any point being made and your real intentions are other than encouraging people to switch and save.

For anyone else who is actually genuinely interested in why the comparison sites may give results which may not reflect future costs I would suggest reading the following thread for an unbiased consideration of the issues.

Your experience, far from showing "that Ebico/RHE are not the cheapest", actually shows that in the specific circumstances you entered into a comparison site gave a particular result. Everybody will have different circumstances, and consequently different results.

Based on a belief you appear to support that anyone posting on MSE during the working day means they are unemployed layabouts then you are unlikely to believe the following - but for some Ebico customers their entire annual bill may be less than the savings you quoted, and therefore they are highly unlikely to save anything like the amount you claim.

The only thing your story really demonstrates is that if your consumption is so high you can make a saving of the amounts you suggest, then being on a ZSC tariff in the first place was probably a poor choice.

As you have adopted a rather strange approach in posting elsewhere I have no intention of taking this discussion any further with you. I do hope your new deal works out well for you Smed, but everybody else should follow the advice elsewhere on this board and use comparison sites to find out what is the cheapest deal for them.

Wow your very long post is very similar to the posts of a forum member with a different forum name!

This isn't "some other threads" This is this thread. This isn't "elsewhere". This is here.

I posted about a comparison about my energy at my address in the region I live in. But you are trying to make my post something more than that. In fact you are attempting to put words into my mouth that I neither said nor even hinted at.

In my experience of that comparison Powershop is £30 cheaper than Ebico/RHE Zero. Period. Conversely Ebico/RHE is more expensive. Period.

For crying out loud. What is there about that post of mine to discuss? It's my own personal experience.

Now let's have and end to your silliness or otherwise you'll get this thread closed like the last one.

Here's that post of mine again:
    Sorry I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Been away in France for an extended holiday.

I switched from Ebico Equipower to Scottish Power online fixed April 2018 as I said I would and with that tariff Ebico Zero was listed as a saving of £23 a year on comparison sites. But now top of the comparison list is Powershop with Powerpacks (essentially prepaid energy on a quarterly meter) at a saving of £52 a year.

So it could be that those who don't qualify for Warm Home Discount and have a quarterly meter might be better off prepaying instead of going with Ebico/RHE Zero.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I posted about a comparison about my energy at my address in the region I live in. But you are trying to make my post something more than that. In fact you are attempting to put words into my mouth that I neither said nor even hinted at.

In my experience of that comparison Powershop is £30 cheaper than Ebico/RHE Zero. Period. Conversely Ebico/RHE is more expensive. Period.

For crying out loud. What is there about that post of mine to discuss? It's my own personal experience.

The only thing to discuss was that without details of the region you live in and details of your consumption of gas and electric, the information you kindly supplied to the world is as useless to everybody as the 'fact' your extended holiday was in France - which you curiously felt the need to mention in a thread about energy suppliers.

Perhaps you would now like to give details of the region you live in, and the details of your consumption - or will you be responding to that request with claims you are a victim of a phishing attempt? As you did here -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5623198
    Now let's have and end to your silliness or otherwise you'll get this thread closed like the last one.

I would be quite pleased to take the credit for having the other thread closed, but don't think I reasonably can.

But I'm glad you raised the subject, since the Ebico/SSE to Ebico/RHE transfer is now old news, and the vast majority of Ebico customers seem quite happy with the result - it seems a bit pointless for this thread to still be running.

Perhaps it would be best all round if it were now closed?
  • Anthorn
    edited 28 May 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Oh Emm Gee the price of fish!

But it's a fact that Powershop is cheaper than Ebico/RHE and I'm not the only one to come to that conclusion. Here's the finding of Fewkeste in reply to your own post in the Powershop thread:
    Out of curiosity I did a quote on Ebico (interestingly they use Robin Hood Energy - the supplier I am leaving) and for my annual consumption (8000kWh) Ebico would be approx £1207 per year compared to £832 with Powershop (assuming I take maximum advantage of discount Powerpacks)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72451279&postcount=22

And here is the whole Powershop thread:

It's true of my comparatively low consumption of 1888 kwh p.a. and true of Fewkeste's consumption of 8000 kwh p.a. Powershop is cheaper!

I think those who accepted Ebico's promises on face value and switched to Ebico/RHE Zero might be paying more than they need to and should compare prices as a matter of urgency.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eachpenny wrote: »
    based on what you've posted on some other threads i suspect you have no intention of understanding any point being made and your real intentions are other than encouraging people to switch and save.
    your experience, far from showing "that ebico/rhe are not the cheapest", actually shows that in the specific circumstances you entered into a comparison site gave a particular result. Everybody will have different circumstances, and consequently different results.
    the only thing your story really demonstrates is that if your consumption is so high you can make a saving of the amounts you suggest, then being on a zsc tariff in the first place was probably a poor choice.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I change my electricity tariff from RHE Evergreen to Ebico Zero by just phoning RHE up (no option online) and asking to change, or do I have to actually 'switch' via the Ebico website?

I was on the RHE Prime V3 tariff for electricity but that has just ended and they have put me onto their Evergreen tariff which has shot up in price compared to the old Prime V3 tariff.

I've done a compare on uSwitch and Ebico Zero is coming out as saving me £67 a year compared to RHE Evergreen.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I change my electricity tariff from RHE Evergreen to Ebico Zero by just phoning RHE up (no option online) and asking to change, or do I have to actually 'switch' via the Ebico website?

It's a good question - I suspect you will need to complete a switch for similar reasons to why people had to switch from Ebico/SSE to Ebico/RHE.

Why don't you give Ebico a quick call... I guess their phone lines are a lot quieter now :)
  • trickytree1963
    Options

I was on the RHE Prime V3 tariff for electricity but that has just ended and they have put me onto their Evergreen tariff which has shot up in price compared to the old Prime V3 tariff.

I've done a compare on uSwitch and Ebico Zero is coming out as saving me £67 a year compared to RHE Evergreen.

Ring RHE and ask them to switch you to Ebico Zero they will do it through the Ebico portal and it should take 14 days (as you are not switching supplier, just the white label)
  • Anthorn
    Options
    Still questions hanging over the Ebico/RHE partnership:

I think we will all be aware of Ebico dumping its most vulnerable customers in its change of partner to RHE which doesn't provide Warm Home Discount while still claiming to be helping its most vulnerable customers.

Now RHE is doing the same over its 17 per cent price hike and being accused of robbing the poor to give to the rich. RHE claims that it is still helping the poor! (Nottingham Post)
    http://www.nottinghampost.com/why-some-robin-hood-energy-customers-will-see-their-bills-rise/story-30221314-detail/story.html

The savvy customer might well wonder what the future holds for the Ebico/RHE partnership.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure