Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• caffinebassman
    Options
    Quick follow up. My 3 PAYG SIM activated no bother the PAC transfer Voda->3 PAYG went no bother and I topped up online with £10 for calls and got:

Unlimited 3 to 3 (fair use)
    150MB data
    600 texts

These last for 90 days and get replenished with each online £10 topup.

PLUS I even got £10 of call credit for transferring my number.

Now I just need to get rid of the APN settings for Vodafone so that I can install the 3 settings....
  • Everynamestaken
    Options
    I have got just over a month on my current contract with Vodafone. (been with vodafone for years and never been with anyone else). My current contract is 200 mins (stop the clock), and 250 texts for 250 texts, which you could argue after looking at other deals is a rather poor deal, even after putting stop the clock into the equation.

I managed to lose my original phone the other day and have now decided to claim one of the Nokia's on insurance. However after the contract runs out, and Vodafone are not offering my any "customer loyalty" deal, I am 99% sure I will be getting the 'super sim' for 900 minutes and unlimited texts for 20 pound a month. By time I have payed insurance on top of that, I'm looking at just over 25 quid I reckon.

Is it worth ringing Vodafone up questioning there policy on retaining loyal customers, or is the 'super sim' the best possible option.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 980 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can anyone confirm how the PAC code comes along i.e text, phone call etc.?
    waiting for mine as we speak, but was told 48 hours
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my experience, the first time you ask for one, they ignore you. The 2nd time they do send it, 48 hours should be for it to arrive via text, bit longer and it also turns up in the post.
  • Murielson
    Options
    I have qty 3 phones with Vodafone and have just extended/changed the terms on 2 of them - mine and Mrs M. Now need to look into something for my daughter who is currently on 200 mins, unlimited texts for £15 per month.

Texts and minutes suit us so we are just lookiing for the range of phones that we can look at to see what upgrade she can get but VF website not much help. Can anyone advise or steer me to the current selection? Any recommendations for what a 13 year old might fancy from the current VF range that may be available on this tariff?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hefferlump
    Options
    I have got just over a month on my current contract with Vodafone. (been with vodafone for years and never been with anyone else). My current contract is 200 mins (stop the clock), and 250 texts for 250 texts, which you could argue after looking at other deals is a rather poor deal, even after putting stop the clock into the equation.

I managed to lose my original phone the other day and have now decided to claim one of the Nokia's on insurance. However after the contract runs out, and Vodafone are not offering my any "customer loyalty" deal, I am 99% sure I will be getting the 'super sim' for 900 minutes and unlimited texts for 20 pound a month. By time I have payed insurance on top of that, I'm looking at just over 25 quid I reckon.

Is it worth ringing Vodafone up questioning there policy on retaining loyal customers, or is the 'super sim' the best possible option.

Their policy on retaining loyal customers? It seemed to me that they didn't give a toss really.
    I have been with Vodafone since the NEC "brick" days. :eek:. My contract ran out with them in September but, as I knew they were going to be dealing with i-phones earlier this year, I said I would stay with them until then. I was told, and I quote, "that they would do a good deal for me". What I was NOT told was that, rather than keeping to the "defunct" contract rates, thet could switch me to a SIM only deal for the short term that would have saved me £25 a month.
    When I was contacted by Vodafone about the i-phone, of course, I was offered exactly the same deal as every other customer was offered, so I requested my PAC code and have now received that.
    On looking around for a new deal away from Vodafone I was offered over £120 for my old phone (N95 8GB). I called Vodafone again asking if they did anything like that and they said they did...again, not originally offered to a "loyal" customer. I am now of the view that, even if the deal I get elsewhere is the same as Vodafone could offer me, I am off because I have lost out financially in the past and would have lost out financially in the present if I had simply taken the new i-phone contract.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 980 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've been a customer since 1999/2000 i think, but have ordered two pacs and received them now

i can get friends and family discount on another network provider from a friend who is an employee of them. i assume vodafone have something similar, but they didn't even try to offer or match anything.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's disappointing to hear that some of you are looking to leave us.

I know we have provided our contacts deals many times in the past but can I just ask if you have contacted us directly to see what we can offer you?

If not please get in touch, I'm confident we can find a package to suit your needs.
    [FONT=&quot]Please contact me using the link below, please include MMM135 in the subject field so that the email comes directly through to my team.

http://!!!!!!/1h8KuG[/FONT]

All the best,

Kay
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • NorhternMonkey
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's disappointing to hear that some of you are looking to leave us.

I know we have provided our contacts deals many times in the past but can I just ask if you have contacted us directly to see what we can offer you?

If not please get in touch, I'm confident we can find a package to suit your needs.
    [FONT=&quot]Please contact me using the link below, please include MMM135 in the subject field so that the email comes directly through to my team.

http://!!!!!!/1h8KuG[/FONT]

All the best,

Kay
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK

Well I have emailed you on the above link and look forward to hearing from you.
  • cazrana
    Options
    Hi all,

First time poster, and apologies for the long post, succinctness has never been my strong point :o
    Renewal time is approaching, so I phoned up to see what deals are available for renewal of contract. I wanted to upgrade to a BlackBerry 9700 and update my talk plan as I have recently started my own business and need to send emails and am making more calls. My last two bills have been £93 and £101 respectively (on a talk plan of £25pm).

First I was told you had to be VAT registered to qualify as a business customer. As a small start up I'm not VAT registered. So I looked at personal contracts instead. But on reflection I thought blimey, that policy would discount an awful lot of small businesses.

I asked what deals were available and was disappointed to only be given a standard online offer. Said I was long term customer, been spending lots with them etc etc, but was told that was only offer on the table. I requested my PAC code. Then off to Orange I guess.

A couple of days later My PAC code arrives, and then I get a call from a nice lady. I told her I wasn't happy with the offer, she told me that she was from the retentions department (can't remember the exact name she gave it) and that she would be able to better that offer for the handset I was after. I was just walking into a meeting so I couldn’t talk to her, so she said someone would call me back at a time we agreed.

Well, no one called me back, so I just called up today, asked to speak to retentions and was told that there is no retentions department anymore upgrades and retentions is all one department. I told him a lady from retentions had called me and said she could better the offer I got originally, and he flatly told me that wasn't true - so I'm not sure who was telling porkies!!! Then all he would offer me was the same standard online offer. Point blank. No room for negotiation.

Oh, and more 'inconsistencies'.... the first guy I spoke to told me I didn't need BIS to get push mail on BlackBerry when I asked about it. Whereas the second guy I spoke to told me that Vodafone weren't allowed to sell BlackBerry contracts without it - who am I supposed to believe? I thought you needed BIS to get push email, but why aren't they being consistent?

The whole experience left me feeling like the sales people would say anything to get a deal, and I don’t feel like I can trust Vodafone anymore when all their employees are saying different things.

I'll be sad to leave Vodafone as I've always had good coverage, but I guess that’s it. Goodbye Vodafone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback