Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• Auzie
    Auzie Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    p1tse wrote: »
    i get the general feeling that is vodafone message from these posts, so as above get your PAC code and move. i think each network provider is not offering great retentions, but 02 seem to be good on loyalty schemes. if you look deeper, other networks have perks like orange wednesday 2 for 1 cinema, magic numbers where you can dial for free etc.

Thankyou P1tse - I understand what you're saying about o2 having good loyalty schemes but so did Vodafone. This is why I was getting good deals year after year. The trouble is once I move I won't be classed as a loyal customer. Will this make a diffference to other networks?
  • JogaBonito_2
    Options
    Hello,
    I recently phoned up 191 and chose the upgrade option and talked to a rep regarding the N97 mini. He straight away offered me the standard deal that is on their site of 900 minutes, Unltd texts, Unltd landlind and Unltd Web for £35. I said that I am only willing to pay £30 and was unhappy that they were offering me the same deal as a new customer and asked if they could offer me the same deal for £5 less. They said the best they can do was 700 minutes + the rest. Obviously that is quite a good deal but I was unhappy they reduced the minutes by 200 as it made the £5 reduction a little pointless if they were reducing my deal. I asked if the rep could phone me back in an hours time.

An hour later, another rep with an Irish accent who was clearly not the same rep as before phoned me and said the best he could offer me was deal that is available to new customers and said "Sorry, I can't do any better...Bye bye" and just put the phone down which was quite rude.

Do you guys think I could just phone up again and try to get the £30 deal and if that doesn't work can I just ask the rep to forward me to the retentions department? I know this might be pushing it a bit but once I get to retentions department can I really go for the hard bargain and try to get this deal of 900 mins, Unltd texts, Unltd landlines & Unltd Web for £25 considering I've only been with Vodafone for 15 months on a £35 contract (inc. vat).

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • silverstar189
    Options
    p1tse wrote: »
    i get the general feeling that is vodafone message from these posts, so as above get your PAC code and move. i think each network provider is not offering great retentions, but 02 seem to be good on loyalty schemes. if you look deeper, other networks have perks like orange wednesday 2 for 1 cinema, magic numbers where you can dial for free etc.

Just had a look through this thread to see if people get decent offers as I've just received my pac, and I'm inclined to agree with the above. In my case, I requested due to crummy signal (i refuse to pay £50 for a sure signal on principle) and them taking so long to release the nexus one that orange will bring out the htc desire, an almost identical handset, quicker.

I'd class myself as a fairly heavy user, my last few bills have been £120-160 per month and I've never gone below £60ish during the last 18 months, so the fact there's been no effort to retain in my case suggests vodafone's retention policy has changed.
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Voda are my new heroes!

12 month deal
    300 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    Unlimited web

£7.50 for 9 months, £15 for the remaining, during which I will be eligible for upgrade anyway.

:dance:_party_
  • Auzie
    Options
    Auzie wrote: »
    I'm confused.

I've called Vodafone several times to negotiate 3 contracts. All I wanted was the same 12 month contracts with new handsets again. No change to the past 7 plus years.

At first I was told that you can only get 12 month contracts on sim only deals. If we wanted new handsets we'd have to go on either 18 or 24 month contracts. Something I don't agree with as the no one knows what they're going to be able to afford that far away.:money:

Just had a call from a lovely lady called Helen in the Web customer relations in responce to putting a post on this forum.:T

I have now agreed 3 new 12 month contracts. Brand new Nokia 5230's for £24 each upfront, 75 any mins 250 txt £15 month.

That's good, I think, isn't it? My brain's so confused with everything over the last week, I'd probably agree to anything now.:D
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty! wrote: »
    Voda are my new heroes!

12 month deal
    300 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    Unlimited web

£7.50 for 9 months, £15 for the remaining, during which I will be eligible for upgrade anyway.

:dance:_party_

I'd insist they confirm in writing that you will be eligible for upgrade 90 days before the end, they've recently cut it from 60 to 50 days yet havent bothered to write and inform anyone.....
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    Options
    Auzie wrote: »

Just had a call from a lovely lady called Helen in the Web customer relations in responce to putting a post on this forum.:T

I have now agreed 3 new 12 month contracts. Brand new Nokia 5230's for £24 each upfront, 75 any mins 250 txt £15 month.

That's good, I think, isn't it? My brain's so confused with everything over the last week, I'd probably agree to anything now.:D

Is that £15 total for all three contracts or each? if its each then its really not anything special IMO.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    I'd insist they confirm in writing that you will be eligible for upgrade 90 days before the end, they've recently cut it from 60 to 50 days yet havent bothered to write and inform anyone.....
    Yeah I figured it was wrong, I'm not overly fussed if I have to pay £15 for a couple of months, as it's still a great deal for me overall.
  • Auzie
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    Is that £15 total for all three contracts or each? if its each then its really not anything special IMO.

Hi N20Y1D,

Thanks for your reply.
    £15 per month for each but 12 month contracts which is what I was having trouble getting. I was offered something like this before but on an 18 month contract & I wasn't interested. I only wanted 12. Do you think I should have been offered more Foe the £15 per month?
  • troonmaroon
    Options
    Hi there folks - I'm back...

Really annoyed with the deal my other half has been offered. Best she's getting is 600 mins, unltd texts and passport @ the bog standard £15 pm for 12 months.

Think will have to suggest she plays the 'request PAC' game...!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback