Comments

• Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They don't budge one penny on SIM only deals
  • commadus
    Options
    Do Vodafone match deals you are already on?

I am a long time Vodafone business and consumer customer I am on what I think is a good deal so can I call up and get the same deal for my sister?
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 980 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    having read the current threads, it doesn't appear vodafone retentions are giving out any worth while deals for any loyalty schemes, and only offer same deals as new customers; so i've decided to order both my PAC codes

good luck to all
  • ASTONDB9
    Options
    The web retentions reps gave me the deal i wanted and dealt with it very well
  • clb776
    clb776 Posts: 647 Forumite
    Options
    I upgraded for my mum. First off we called up and were offered nothing. We called orange. We called vodafone back. In the end vodafone offered a free samsung tocco ultra in platinum red for £20 a month, 600 mins, ultd texts and I think some internet, but unsure, she doesnt use this, for a period of 24 months. Quite a good deal if you ask me. (previously she was paying £35 a month, passport, stop the clock, 300 mins, 250 texts!!!)
  • bazzab
    bazzab Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    clb776 wrote: »
    I upgraded for my mum. First off we called up and were offered nothing. We called orange. We called vodafone back. In the end vodafone offered a free samsung tocco ultra in platinum red for £20 a month, 600 mins, ultd texts and I think some internet, but unsure, she doesnt use this, for a period of 24 months. Quite a good deal if you ask me. (previously she was paying £35 a month, passport, stop the clock, 300 mins, 250 texts!!!)

I think it's more a case of her previous deal was awful, and the new one 'in comparison' looks good :D But as long as she's happy is the main thing!
    October Comp Wins -Stella Artois Challice (FB)
  • Auzie
    Auzie Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I'm confused.

I've called Vodafone several times to negotiate 3 contracts. All I wanted was the same 12 month contracts with new handsets again. No change to the past 7 plus years.

At first I was told that you can only get 12 month contracts on sim only deals. If we wanted new handsets we'd have to go on either 18 or 24 month contracts. Something I don't agree with as the no one knows what they're going to be able to afford that far away.:money:

I am told that I can view what's available on their site or in store as everyone is offered the same. I asked about my previous year's deals & was told that I'd been extreamly lucky in the past & Vodafone had lost millions giving great offers to low user's who don't spend much like myself.:eek: So I filled in the online form as suggested on here.

Plus they keep changing their mind on when I can upgrade on one of my contracts. First I can, then I can't, then I had a call yesterday & the man said that I can upgrade but had a reply to my online form saying I can't until Friday 19th Feb and....To upgrade your contract you need to call our upgrade team.[SIZE=+0]You can get a new handset and a price plan that suits your needs and benefits you while upgrading your contract. Please call our upgrade team on 191 free from your phone [/SIZE]

When I'd already said that I could and wanted to leave beacuse no one was offering me anything near what I've had over the last 7 plus years.

You don't spend enough money...so why should we?????

That's how it feels to me :(

Has anyone had the same experience?
  • commadus
    Options
    I am on 600 mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet, 12 month sim only for £12.50 pcm.

I got that after retentions called me back - like negotiations you may not get the best offer straight off.
  • readalot_2
    Options
    commadus wrote: »
    I am on 600 mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet, 12 month sim only for £12.50 pcm.

I got that after retentions called me back - like negotiations you may not get the best offer straight off.

Can you tell me when you negotiated this deal please? They are telling me that this was on offer around Xmas but no longer available. Thanks.
  • Scousefire
    Options
    I have been with Vodafone for years, though only as PAYG customer. I quite fancy one of these new deals, basically to get onto the Internet via my phone (I am using a brick at the moment) and to get with the times and get a decent phone.
    At present I pay £15 a month for the Freedom packs which I have been doing for years.
    Would I be in my rights to ring up and ask for a good deal, or would they fob me off!?

I am new to all this demanding good deals stuff, so any tips or advice would be really helpful.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure