Get a grip !

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    OMG Skinty I am the same i keep falling asleep. I think there is something in the weather! I really fancied a fishnchips too!!! Your food for today sounds brilliant. I am exactly the same and need to tidy up too. Snap. It is raining here i hope you have a good day. It is the weekend. Hurrah!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,861
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hope the new battery fixes the issue.
    I joined the Thursday chippy club too, there must have been something in the air.
    Can you role in DS or GF to run the vac round and other things too, share a bit of the workload.
    Food looks great, easy and quick to do but so tasty.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,509
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Failed at the first hurdle .... I couldn’t get the screen & case apart 🤦‍♀️ I removed the screws as instructed & put them safe in a small pot to one side. There is a suction cup to fix on the screen & pull while using a “guitar pick” to prise the case off at the corner. The guitar pick broke in my hand and is now in 3 bits. 

I have a day off next week for covid jab 2 so I may pop into town & see if there is a cheap phone fixing place & get them to change the battery for me if it’s not too expensive. I already have the replacement battery. 

It’s pouring with rain this morning. Puppy dog went out in the garden earlier before it started & has been fed so I will try & get a bit more sleep 😴 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2021 at 7:15AM
    So it is one of the silly phones without the quick access to the battery section. I don't know why they changed them like that as it's usually the battery and not phone, will start ranting about throwaway world if I carry on!

You're rebutting the myth about always having good weather where you are. Hope it perks up soon.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    Weather has been awful all year apart from a few warm days. Seriously considered putting the heating on yesterday.. mid May & freezing 🥶 but gas & electric so expensive now I just laid under a blanket. 

Walked the dog in the rain this morning. Saw the swans with their 7 babies. Also a moorhen with a baby ball of fluff & a young great tit on the grass. Dog is now snoring loudly in her chair. 

Food plan today 
    B - fruit toast & banana 
    L - jacket potato with cheese & tuna & Mayo 
    D - chicken fillets, stuffing, yorkshire puds, veg & gravy. 

I have eaten all the chocolate & ice creams. 😬 Pudding will be fruit. 

0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    Forumite
    Do you have a hot water bottle? That's what I use instead of putting the heating on.
    If it's fruit or nut chocolate that's part of your 5 a day 🤭
    Food looks yummy.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I hate how difficult they make things to fix. It is on purpose to force us into buying new things.
    Like MovingForwards I find a hot water bottle when it feels nippy is often enough...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Forumite
    This week I have had my 2nd covid jab. Also had a day off & went into town with a friend. Paid a shop £10 to change my battery with the one I bought on eBay. Today charged up to 100% so fingers crossed hope it is fixed. 

We went for a lovely lunch indoors at the chinese tea bar. Chicken & peppers in black bean sauce with egg fried rice £6.50 & free english tea 😋 usually the place is packed at lunch times but we have only been able to eat indoors since Monday, we were the only ones in there. 2 others came in as we left. 

Topped up my stash of birthday cards 4 cost £2.96. Tried to sell the silver bracelet cost £298 new from the retailer online but no jewellery shop or pawn shop was interested in silver. Lowest offer was £5 😳 highest was £30 🙁. Not sure what to do with it now. Was quite disappointed. 

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on covid jab, mine is this week so excited!  I hope the phone is back to normal!  Yum to lovely food.
    With the bracelet is it worth selling it on marketplace or ebay? I am sure you will make money on it. Good luck.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Forumite
    That's great, at least you're up and running again and don't feel so cut off from everything.

Lunch sounds good.

Would it be worth trying to sell on 3bay? Unfortunately normal jewellery tends to be sold as scrap, it's only antiques and diamonds etc which are worthwhile for shops.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback