New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 7:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.9K replies 184.8K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    9.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're quite open with what you want in your next home, it will make it easier finding one. Limit yourself to a couple or roads and you will struggle. Have you had a look online to see what's popping up for sale and found ones you would consider, if you were in a position to buy?

How lovely you bumped into your friend again, maybe she changed the time of her walk so you would meet up again 😊

Your tasks look good, nice for a Sunday.

Congratulations on the weightloss.
  • edited 25 January at 7:53AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 January at 7:53AM
    Blew the healthy eating yesterday and had a piece of carrot cake & ice cream & chocolate 😕 So near my blood test on Friday I hope I haven’t sabotaged my hba1c after all this effort. Bad time of year for me & was feeling very low. 
    Back on the wagon today 

b - bacon & cheese omelette with tomatoes 
    l - home made veg soup
    d - beef & bean chilli wholemeal wrap enchilada with natural yoghurt and grated cheddar 
    Snacks will be fruit & cheese

I submitted a meter reading yesterday and it said they only produce a statement once every 6 months! Don’t remember it saying that when I went on the tariff. Went onto webchat and the advisor said a statement would now be produced in 24 hours the result of which is a debit of £14. Not bad considering how much extra the heating has been on this year. I am paying £80 a month so that may need to reduce in the spring so I don’t build up a huge credit before moving company in may when my fix runs out. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take PD for a walk as that will work off your treat.

6 monthly bills could end up very awkward for some people. £80 pm isn't too bad for 3 of you.
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    873 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good news on the weight loss Skinty, nice to read, I think I know where those extra pounds have disappeared to - my hips! :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not seeing much come on the housing market but I have somewhere to go temporarily so not too worried. I have also heard of buyers pulling out so I am holding my breath on my sale!

Like you I had a blow it day yesterday. Crisps and wine for me...oops. All we can do is get back to the healthy eating. Well done for getting another pound off.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HbAlc is an average of 90 days one day wont count. I had half a bottle of wine when Trump lost election and noone noticed!!!! Your heating bill is brilliant i am paying a fortune! 
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • edited 27 January at 7:55AM
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 January at 7:55AM
    Unfortunately SW it’s not the only day in the last 90 🤦‍♀️ Christmas was about a week of junk eating. Just hope it’s going in the right direction with good days for the rest of the time. 

Hope your sale goes through ok DIA. 

We have opened the second to last bag of dog food which we buy cheap from a supplier up north and collect when I visit DF or he brings when he visits. 2 x 15kg should last 100 days. I was hoping to go visit DF at Easter and get some more. Will have to wait and see what happens with lockdown/ corona / bojo / vaccine. May have to try and source something nearer if DF can’t get it or if we can’t meet halfway at motorway services like last time. 

BG have finally produced a bill and usage has gone up as expected for same time last year. Electric kWh 965 
    Gas kWh 2679.        
    This year =
    Electric kWh 1256.    
    Gas  kWh  3991         
    I will get my claim in for wfh. 

I have a long weekend to look forward to. Tomorrow I am going shopping & I hope to start prepping the floor. Friday I will lay some flowers for my dearest mum & have my blood test at 2pm. Doubt I will manage much more that day. Can’t believe it’s 3 years. Miss her every day 😢

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's worth looking online, just in case other local suppliers have it.

Your usage doesn't seem too bad and you've been doing DIY.

Sending a virtual hug.
  • edited 28 January at 11:11PM
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 January at 11:11PM
    Had a lovely lie in this morning then took the dog out for a long walk. She was on her best behaviour and it was warm & sunny. The heating has been off most of the day just 2 x 15 minutes at 7pm and 9pm. 

I took a pair of unopened slippers back to asda for a refund as DS & gf got me some for xmas. Bought hot choc in b&m plus dog treats & lemon juice £6.61. Shopping in aldi £41.15, I bought enough to last until next planned shop on tue 9 Feb so I will take the money out of my feb grocery budget. Put £10 petrol in the car. Had a naughty but nice KFC for lunch. Swapped the fries for gravy, not sure that was a healthier option but was yum 😋 

My incinerator arrived today. It’s a bit smaller than anticipated but will do the job. It had a big dent in the side. I tapped it out with the hammer. 😆Emailed the seller to let them know about possible damage by courier / rubbish packaging (wrapped in a black bin liner!) they have offered me 40% refund which I have rejected as there is nothing wrong with it now. I’m only using it to burn paperwork! 

This afternoon I removed a shelf unit from the hall & moved it into the utility room. I have moved the wellies & muddy boots from the hall into the utility room & into some wicker baskets on the shelves. I have ordered an xl storage box for the hallway. Folding faux brown leather with lid £48. Black would have been cheaper typical doesnt go with the decor! Hopefully it will tidy away the remaining boots / shoes etc. 

I have ordered a long runner to cover the hall carpet 70cm x 300cm for £29 and 2 x large peony storage boxes with lids for my bedroom to put my shoes / sandals in & out of the hallway. They were £9 each but managed to find a seller doing 2 for £15. 

I will take the money from long term/ moving fund. 

Overall a great day off work. Tomorrow I will lay some flowers for DM & blood test in the afternoon 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're as ok as you can be today.