🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    Happy Christmas Skinty x
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Merry Christmas! 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Merry Christmas Skinty!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Skinty i hope you had a lovely Christmas. I have,  wishing us a brilliant 2021. I am so excited about you moving but need to catch up v soon to see what I have missed. Love you lots. hugs, SWxxxx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day everyone! Tempted to look at the sales but will try to resist. Although we do need a new kettle as ours has started leaking from the lid when we pour, so I may have a look later. 

Yesterday was spent mostly chillin, dinner was a success and I spent most of the day eating, drinking and watching a few films      . DS & gf took the dog for a long walk in the morning. I took her for a walk in the evening just to stretch my legs & get some fresh air and try not to feel so stuffed 😆

Ds is going to work shortly & me and his gf are going to take the dog out for a long walk. I have a gammon joint to cook for dinner with jacket potatoes & cauliflower cheese. There was some leftover chicken & beef yesterday so that has been sliced up for sandwiches and the rest portioned up & frozen for meals next week. Maybe a beef curry and there was enough roast potatoes & veg to freeze as one portion for a dinner with some of the meat. 

I have eaten far too much cake but I’m allowing myself 2 days of bad eating. Hopefully it won’t affect my hba1c test due at the end of January too much 😳 Have just had a slice of carrot cake and a banana for breakfast 😋 although I did scrape off & throw away the iced frosting 😇 

0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on enjoying a fabulous Christmas Part One, you will enjoy Part 2 with your Father again when it is safe.Yum to extra food. I have loads too all going into freezer in prep for Brexit lol. My new year's resolution is to get my HbAlc down. Well done on scraping icing off and cake is allowed my dr said. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect Christmas!
    Having treats, in moderation, is fine, otherwise there's nothing to look forward to 🤭
  • Irenadler
    Options
    +1 to cake eating. You have to. Before it goes off..... :D 
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Dogs seem to be a bit of a godsend for forcing people out of the house for a bit of exercise! If you can't treat yourself to cake at Christmas, then when can you?
  • Irenadler
    Options
    Exactly! I have been gifted an exercise bike and trying not to take it the wrong way, so, I may be eating my cake whilst cycling and watching tv..... :D Not sure that's quite the right idea....
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills