Get a grip !

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Phew it’s hot out ! Went to town and it wasn’t as busy as I expected. Everyone wearing masks in shops & mostly social distancing. 

I got new gardening gloves £1 & masking tape 4 pack £1 in pound land. 7 birthday cards from card factory £5.53. 2 tins paint in wilko £24, 2 sets of 3 stacking baskets down from £6 to £4.50 to use in pantry cupboard for veg / potatoes / onions & sugar soap wipes £1. Wilko have a sale on their plastic storage 25% off so saved £1.50. Also went into bank & paid in cash & paid in DS’s tax rebate for him. 

Vet has phoned & blood tests are all clear so thank goodness it’s not pancreatitis! She wasn’t worried about the coughing up foam or green poop, just to be expected after gastrointestinal illness. Just need to keep an eye on her. 😊

Am shattered now 😆 May have a snooze 😴 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done on your goodies.
    Fantastic news about PD, think everyone will breathe reading your update 😊

You have definitely earned your snooze!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
     I am glad she is better Yikes to the bill. I hope the insurance pays all of it. It rained in the New Forest and now I am back it is gorgeous. I hope you have had a good rest and are on the mend. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Nice to 'hear' your dog's improved, thank goodness. One thing I thought of, my dog also eats plants, or grass and lots of it if she feels poorly? Maybe your pup was 'self-medicating' a bit too much and thus green pooping :o ... Just a thought it might be that and she's cleared it out of her system....
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Hi Irene to be honest we haven’t let her out of our sight since she came home or let her off the lead. She’s such a scavenger it’s not worth the risk. She can go out on the patio when the doors are open but we have a picket fence stopping her getting at the plants and the lawn. The grass is actually brown and crispy right now due to the heat 😆 The vet said it’s a side effect of the gastroenteritis. We will keep an eye on her 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Irenadler
    Aw, poor little thing... Just thinking of what my girl gets up to. Crikey to the brown grass.... You are doing so well looking after her, I am sure she couldn't be better cared for, keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and yours.... :*
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

• Haha just re-read my earlier post. I meant the vet said the green poo was a side effect of the gastroenteritis not the brown grass 😆

My lawn dies / dries up in the summer heat & goes green again once the rain comes, usually in the autumn. 

Living off savings diary
  • It’s a lovely cool morning. Temperature set to be 10 degrees lower today at 22* much nicer ☀️ 

Well I am now on holiday 😊 It’s taking a bit to unwind. It clouded over about 4pm yesterday and I went for a walk with puppy dog & DS’s gf about 7pm when there was a nice breeze. We just went round the pond but it was good to get some fresh air. 

Puppy dog is continuing to recover well. We are starting to mix her normal food in with the remaining recovery food, so she should be back on her own food next week. She’s starting to be naughty again pinching receipts and bits of cardboard & chomping them up but at least she is not swallowing them! 

Payday yesterday 🤗 
    I transferred £95 to Xmas/ birthday fund (£50 cash paid into bank & £50 for this month minus £5 spent on a stash of 7 birthday cards when I went into town on Thursday)
    £70 to annual bills (£100 for this month minus £30 paint & decorating supplies)
    £15 into dog food fund

I will work out my budget later. Need to get back on track this month. I will need petrol this month even though I’m not driving to work so £20 should cover it. 

Plans for the next 2 weeks 
    -walk the dog in the mornings
    -disinfect the patio
    -cut the grass - although the grass is brown & crispy there are still a few long weedy bits
    -cut back shrubs in garden 
    -weed front forecourt 
    -Wipe down kitchen/ diner walls with sugar soap
    -Fill & sand holes / small cracks
    -Paint kitchen / diner (can do a wall a day)
    -sort utility room & may book a trip to the tip to get rid of 3 big bags of junk & old microwave.
    -Can then get 5 x 15kg bags of dog food in the utility room instead of cluttering the hallway! 
    -meet up individually with a few friends 😊
    -tidy living room/ work table 
    -shredding 

It sounds a lot but I’ve just broken it down so I can do a bit each day. 

Off to have a snooze 😴 before I walk the dog 🐶 

Living off savings diary
  • Irenadler
    It’s a lovely cool morning. Temperature set to be 10 degrees lower today at 22* much nicer ☀️ 

Well I am now on holiday 😊 It’s taking a bit to unwind. It clouded over about 4pm yesterday and I went for a walk with puppy dog & DS’s gf about 7pm when there was a nice breeze. We just went round the pond but it was good to get some fresh air. 
    Thank goodness she's better. And the weather is a lot more bearable....
    Puppy dog is continuing to recover well. We are starting to mix her normal food in with the remaining recovery food, so she should be back on her own food next week. She’s starting to be naughty again pinching receipts and bits of cardboard & chomping them up but at least she is not swallowing them! 

Payday yesterday 🤗 
    I transferred £95 to Xmas/ birthday fund (£50 cash paid into bank & £50 for this month minus £5 spent on a stash of 7 birthday cards when I went into town on Thursday)
    £70 to annual bills (£100 for this month minus £30 paint & decorating supplies)
    £15 into dog food fund
    You are inspiring me to get better organised, I will do it!
    I will work out my budget later. Need to get back on track this month. I will need petrol this month even though I’m not driving to work so £20 should cover it. 

Plans for the next 2 weeks 
    -walk the dog in the mornings
    -disinfect the patio
    -cut the grass - although the grass is brown & crispy there are still a few long weedy bits
    -cut back shrubs in garden 
    -weed front forecourt 
    -Wipe down kitchen/ diner walls with sugar soap
    -Fill & sand holes / small cracks
    -Paint kitchen / diner (can do a wall a day)
    -sort utility room & may book a trip to the tip to get rid of 3 big bags of junk & old microwave.
    -Can then get 5 x 15kg bags of dog food in the utility room instead of cluttering the hallway! 
    -meet up individually with a few friends 😊
    -tidy living room/ work table 
    -shredding 

It sounds a lot but I’ve just broken it down so I can do a bit each day. 

Off to have a snooze 😴 before I walk the dog 🐶 

Wow, you are well organised, I am finding it is better to set myself goals too, like the old proverb, 'How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time....' i.e. small errands, one by one.... and then see the results. We will all get there...

• 😆Haven’t heard of eating an elephant. 🐘Have heard of eating the frog 🐸 ☺️

Dont forget lots of us have been doing this Moneysaving / organising stuff longer you will soon catch up. Always looks good on paper not always the reality 😆 but I love a list 😁

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback