Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Brrr I see Winter arrived last night. Although it didn't really settle yesterday as it was so wet. Looking out the window there is what looks more like a hard frost than snow. I am just having my usual cup of tea in bed, lamp has been on, and bank balance checked. The balance transfers have all gone through and three cards now on 0.00
    The DD has been confirmed for the one card now, and when I am back I will be working on upping the emergency fund and holiday funds. As I start to declutter.
    I have a lot of things that I didn't manage to sell last year, so they will get one last chance on Facebook or be donated. I would ideally like to turn it all to cash for the holiday fund though.
    I won't be drawing funds from the shop for January as I need to get the bank balance up ready for the rent at the end of the month.
    £314/£665 target for the week so unless it gets busy while I am away I will be miles off of target this week. I think the weather will be against us though.
    Certainly looking forward to 15/16 degrees of Portugal tonight!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    At the Airport
    Hopefully weather is going to be good to us!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,701 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Here's hoping!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Late as usual . Wishing you a good holiday with lots of sun - send us all some . I've been in Narnia for two days with no internet :D
    Leave your worries behind and enjoy .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Sitting in the doorway of the room, so we are out of the wind, sunshine at 14C but had lunch in a suntrap so sat in tshirts. We are on the 9th floor of the Luna Olympus with stunning views of the marina. I am feeling very relaxed and know why I want to have a retirement home here!
    Loving it even though most places are closed until April.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,701 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds just fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have a fab time.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We walked from Vilamoura to Quatiera and back yesterday. Some 10km the app on my iPhone tells me. No wonder I ache this morning. But it is a wonderful reminder of how far I have come in my health in the past 6 years. When I moved into my house I couldn't hardly reach the end of the garden which is 160ft, without pain or repercussions!
    Last night we had a lovely Chinese meal in the marina. It's cold out in the evening though.
    Today is BFs birthday. So we will definitely be going out for a meal again tonight.
    Not sure what we will do today yet. We have only just finished breakfast.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Bf's birthday today. We walked a few kilometres into quartiera again by a different route. We had freshly squeezed orange juice on the beach and later several beers as we walked then stopped for a rest, and repeat. The app on my phone tells me we did 10.2km but all at a sedate stroll and with plenty of sitting with a beer in the sun.
    we are coming home tomorrow though.
    I hope that I can have the good weather next time I come with dgd.
    Night night.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am home. We had a very good weekend and I didn't want to come home. But I was also wanting to get on with thinks. My brain wasn't used to being idle!
    I am going to have an early night and hopefully I will wake up refreshed and ready to go. I have work that is needed before the end of the day.
    Dgd was a little tearful today and had missed me more than expected. I think it was because she wasn't with just one family this time, but she is happy enough now.
    I have the heating on high to warm the place up and we treated ourselves to a chippy for tea to save my having to cook, and shop!
    My meat delivery is due tomorrow so I will have a freezer full by this time tomorrow.
    The windows people are back on Wednesday.
    So it's going to be a busy week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure