Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi Mooloo thought I'd pop over and have a gander :)

Another kinship carer! we have had our gd for nearly 2 1/2 years now. It can be a mind field can't it? I really have no idea how I will broach the inevitable questions about why she lives with us. How has your dgd adapted to her unusual circumstances? (actually it's much more usual than I ever realised approx 300,000 children live with in kinship care in the UK! More than are in foster care.)

Fantastic that your business is taking off! Long may it continue x

Hello!
    Most of the time dgd is fine, but when she asks questions I tell her that Mummy wasn't able to look after her as she didn't understand her needs. the biggest problem was a year or so ago when Mum had another baby with her new partner and was able to keep him.
    But I have been letting her go to them for holidays and she is settling back down again now.
    Yes there are a lot of people who care for relatives and are not all under Social Services funding etc.
    I don't have all the information these days as I just get on with it my way now. We only see a social worker when someone thinks they know something we don't about us and make stupid phone calls ( family from hell and misguided relative of twins BF who thought if they could undermine us that twin would get dgd back. Of course it doesn't work that way.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    A new day, a new week. Here is hoping that the silliness stops and we can all move on with life.
    I have had a very strange night of dreams that have been full on hard work kind of dreams. I have woken feeling very jaded and not with the joys of spring-so to speak.
    The kettle is on beside the bed, the SAD lamp is on to boost my system and I have plenty to be getting on with today.
    I am hoping that this week continues to bring in more customers and that the cash flow is as good as last week. My target for the week is £665.
    So here is hoping.
    My planner has given me questions to answer, and ideas for focusing on and so I am going to dig out the time sheets and make notes of how long jobs are taking me, but also how long staff is preparing work ahead for me.
    I want to make sure that I am not going to be loosing money on some of the jobs. I tweaked the price list last week on a couple of things that I know took longer to do then I had expected it was taking.
    I also think that I can then see if any of the jobs are just not cost effective and whether I tackle them at all or not.
    I have started sorting out some of the workshops and now need to get them onto a news letter and into the website etc. So I have blocked in time at 4pm after the shop doors shut, but while I am still in the work room.
    In the evening when dgd is at Brownies I have blocked in time to do the ironing ( my biggest hate of domesticity).
    I have to rearrange the furniture and take down curtains etc for the new windows to be put in on Wednesday. I have warned Mum that I won't be able to help her this week.
    I have not heard from any of my offspring this weekend except Biggest on Saturday when we were working out DGDs Brownies and care for the weekend. For once I am the one calling in the favour.
    SAD lamp has switched off, so I have had 20 minutes. Better finish my tea and wake up dgd for school.
    Positive vibes people, positive thoughts and good things will surround us. We will just have to be open to our surroundings and see!
    Well that's my motto for today.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of positive vibes your way :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mooloo Wishing you a profitable and enjoyable January . You've got the determination and positive attitude to do so and hopefully you will see things picking up .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well the damp weather put people off of coming in. We only took £15.55!
    I think that is probably the worst takings I can remember. However I have several fittings booked in for the rest of the week. So we will see.
    I actually finished £153.50 worth of sewing ( most had already paid last week) but that's pretty much target for a day's sewing.
    I have a rough outline of work for tomorrow and will probably expect to see about the same amount again tomorrow.
    We did have lots of enquiries about lessons so I am under pressure to get them sorted out and on to the website and in the shop windows.
    Time to take dgd to Brownies.
    the windows fitters rang asking to come tomorrow but I said no I can't take the day off at such short notice ( and I still need to clear the furniture away from the windows).
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Mooloo Shame there isn't an mse flying squad to clear the furniture :D actually that's not a bad idea I could do with such a thing myself .
    Shame about the rain but we can't control that .
    Take care
    polly

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    New Credit card arrived. Started the process of the balance transfers.
    So in a few days the debt will be all in one place, spread over 42 months.
    the DD is set up to pay it off in 30 months though.
    I will throw more at it if I can, but for now I am going to see how it goes.
    I have paid off my Argos card, ( Christmas presents for dgd, ) in cash from the current account.
    Only other debt is my laptop. I will clear that soon too.
    My next move is to double check the APR on the cards and keep only the lowest card, and destroy the others.
    So the budget for 2017 is now set, until the next wage review etc.
    My next task is to start clearing the clutter and eBay etc my excess into cash if possible, or donate to charity.
    I did a holiday neutral challenge a couple of years ago.
    I would like to do something similar with my clutter for the Summer Holidays. I am hoping that that will keep me busy for now.

On the shop front I have just spent a couple of hundred £'s of Business money on Advertising materials for the Sewing Club, the workshops and some notebooks etc. That's the first time I have spent on advertising/stationery except for the invoice pads.

I did have a promotional code and "saved" £88 on the normal costs. Still a big amount but I have every reason to believe that it will help me in promoting the workshops etc.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding very positive :)
    You are doing so well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Mooloo I haven't heard you sounding so positive and proactive for a long time . Onwards and upwards we're all cheering you on . Well done with the Argos card .
    polly

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have been using my SAD lamp, singing ( to my self) thankyou's and gratitude chants, I have been reading several self help books and motivational books.
    I have been working on the business planning and of course now that the BF has finally decided that I am worth having in his life it all helps.
    I know that I can do this.
    When I get negative I get out my pen and get writing and turn myself around.
    I start singing to myself a positive ditty and I am much better more quickly than I used to be.
    I know it's not always going to be easy but I am running with it while I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure