Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    tiredmum2 wrote: »
    Nobody has suggested you are not a good mother , Daughter or grandmother so I do not understand your rationale
    I am also not a finger pointer I am a SAHM with an 84 yer old mother and 3 children one of whom has Aspergers all be it mildly so I do have some knowledge of the situation oh and I am an adopted child
    I also believe that the benefit system is a god send and unfortunately necessity for some but it is for basics not sports cars or foreign holidays this is my opinion
    I also do not agree with is making people fully aware of an easily identifiable vulnerable persons illness being made public .
    As for someone pointing out the pitfalls of BF staying over they are trying to help before there is a problem and large financial gifts do not affect the receiver but will affect the giver if HMRC decide to look into there affairs as you can only give a set amount of money to family members per year
    I am afraid if you put your life in print you cannot expect people to read and not pass comment be it fawning or otherwise .

I wasn't referring to just your post.
    I understand that you don't agree with me and the way I live.
    A car is a car. I saved my money for that car and it is 11 years old. I use holiday offers, and save up from my benefits. I have chosen to budget holidays at £100 a month, many people on benefits ( or not), spend more money than that on cigarettes.
    I choose to have lower food bills, and buy cheap meat deals and AF food. Allowing us to have holidays.
    I have low fuel bills at only £47 a month for gas and electricity. My water is only £27 a month as I am on a meter.
    Because of these low bills I can save for things.
    Yes I have debt on credit cards, as I was building my credit rating back up, and using 0% deals to do it.
    I have savings as I have told you all about and could clear the debts including the children's debt I took on. I would be back to £0 but I could do it.
    I referred to being a bad Mum as in not letting my children learn the hard way, and for spoiling my daughter by letting her have her fairytale wedding dress.
    The wedding is mostly being paid by the couple. I was taken by surprise on the bridesmaids dresses as I didn't expect to be getting them until the spring but she found all of the dresses in the sale in the sizes she needed. So I juggled my money.

I don't claim anything that I am not entitled to, my accounts are reviewed every 6 months by the council.
    Yes I had a problem with them in the summer but I am entitled to the same as anyone else in my situation.

I understand that I tell my story here and I will get opinions but you can't expect me not to read and reply from my point of view.

In the end, I am living my life the way I am. If you don't like my story then "you " I.e. Anybody reading this, not you personally, don't have to follow me anyway.

I realise that my stressed emotions about certain members of my family may not be referenced to in glowing terms, but as I have always written in the moment and how I am feeling at the moment I post then I am not going to change it.

I am sorry but if I did then my thread would not be honest anymore
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Options
    tiredmum2 wrote: »
    Nobody has suggested you are not a good mother , Daughter or grandmother so I do not understand your rationale
    I am also not a finger pointer I am a SAHM with an 84 yer old mother and 3 children one of whom has Aspergers all be it mildly so I do have some knowledge of the situation oh and I am an adopted child
    I also believe that the benefit system is a god send and unfortunately necessity for some but it is for basics not sports cars or foreign holidays this is my opinion
    I also do not agree with is making people fully aware of an easily identifiable vulnerable persons illness being made public .
    As for someone pointing out the pitfalls of BF staying over they are trying to help before there is a problem and large financial gifts do not affect the receiver but will affect the giver if HMRC decide to look into there affairs as you can only give a set amount of money to family members per year
    I am afraid if you put your life in print you cannot expect people to read and not pass comment be it fawning or otherwise .

So people who are working and get tax credits shouldn't go on holidays or spend thier money on luxuries, because they receive tax credits and that's not what tax credits are for? Have you any idea how many millions of families this applies to?

Or how about housing benefit? That goes on nothing else but the rent. Yes, receiving in may free up other funds for low income earners to be able to us it for holidays and the like. But why shouldn't people who are entitled take advantage of the benefits system if it is being offered to them?

I would agree, our social welfare system is a bit mad. When Polish people first started coming here we had a market stall as one of our businesses. I can remember someone coming to my OH to ask if he could approach me to look at their claim because there was "something wrong with it". You know what that "something" was? The benefits payments they received, including help with their rent, was more than he earned on a building site.

But even if it's a bit mad, it is what it is. Better anything extra spent on a holiday and a bit of sun than the booze and cigarettes plenty of Brits squander it on. I'm sure the NHS would prefer Mooloo's choices.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Options
    Imho, if people receiving benefits can spend it on anything that enhances their health, be it a gym membership, getting a dog or cat to live with them, going for a holiday in the sun if you like the sun (I hate the sun but recognise it does have some good, vitamin D, qualities), buying better quality food (OMG, processed food or food out of a can - is there anything worse for health?), going on a course to learn how to budget and to cook, spending time with loved ones instead of working yourself into the ground.....I could go on, but you get the picture....every bit of benefits money spent on that sort of thing is money well spent. And I am sure the NHS thanks you.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Working tax credits aren't a fortune. I don't know what the OP gets but I get 49 pounds a week. I also get some help with rent but that goes straight to my landlord. I work but I'm on minimum wage and when I was self employed I got working tax credits as my income fluctuated.

Millions of working people claim WTC and I'm sure many of them go on holiday now and then. I do. But I'll make sacrifices elsewhere to be able to afford it.

Any time I've ever claimed benefit. Not working tax but Jsa I've always had someone ready to tell me what I should and shouldn't be spending my money on.

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what to do with their cash. I've paid far more into the system in tax than I've ever claimed in benefits and if the OP didn't employ staff I dare say that she'd have more money for a wage, she'd probably claim less benefits and she'd have money in her hand but she can't run the shop on her own.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I think I will just say that I am not doing anything wrong or breaking any rules.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 January 2017 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Mooloo well done on your takings may it continue

Tired mum, she saves for holidays, she works and employs . She's claiming what's she's entitled to. Do you claim nothing.

She might have some debts but she has said she's in control of them. This diary isn't for critism she try's her best. Keep going mooloo Xx.

Edit, there's so many people in this country with mental health issues, it would have to be someone who knew the family to know who she's talking about, some know mooloo, but it's nothing to be ashamed about. It's a horrible illness.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so I really can't be bothered with this I will say again that I do not begrudge benefits to those who need them for basics that what was the system was started for so people had a safety net but 3 holidays are not a safety net as for her DIL the internet makes finding people very easy I know what town Mooloo lives in, I know the name of her shop all posted by Mooloo on this thread available to the general public so if i search the internet I could probably tell you her address and her children addresses within an hour all for free it is not just children who need to learn internet safety .
    Just Trying I claim no benefits at all I once claimed unemployment benefit for a few weeks but none of my family receive government assistance at all as i said my husband works to support us .
  • just_trying
    edited 8 January 2017 at 12:58AM
    Options
    So does mine, but I still claim child benefit and have claimed child tax credits. All benefits. Lucky you only claiming for a few weeks( if it's only jsa you've claimed). It means nothing anyway, she claims what she's entitled to.

As for looking for her family on the internet who cares, she is nothing but honest. she has been upfront what she claims and what she saves for, yikes. She only has what she deserves.

Why try to hurt someone who is trying, your mentality hurts people.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    It's okay.

Let's just leave it as is.

Each to their own
    I don't have a husband to support me and haven't for 24 years
    End of
  • just_trying
    Options
    Mooloo, just remember you do a great job Xx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure