🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on foot care. It's something I always find difficult to keep up. Last year I bought myself a 6 treatment package at Shuropody (1 left and I intend to do it again) but if anything it's made me lazy looking after my feet myself. I always moisturise after a shower but leave out feet. Must do better.:o

I know it won't necessarily help with portion size but I really would recommend some simple meal planning to prevent grabbing unhealthy stuff. All I do is write down 7 (or fewer if I know I'm eating out) dinners in the corner of my shopping list. Being mse:money: I base the list on what I've got in already and then list the ingredients I need to buy. I just buy in a range of ingredients for breakfasts and lunches (bread, cereal, porage, eggs, beans etc) and choose day to day. It's also worth listing healthy snacks to take with you if you need them. I always plan in a few really quick ready meals for busy days and if I eat out unexpectedly I don't need to use them. Ideally they're home made meals from batch cooking but that's not essential. I then cut that little corner (about the size of 2 postage stamps!) off the shopping list and keep it in the kitchen to remind me what to take from freezer/fridge. It probably takes me about 10 minutes per week plus the shopping time (which is easier and faster with a list).

Today's main fabbing for me is my facial/massage later. It's Groupon but I want to try out the salon as my regular 'eyebrow' one has closed as lease expired.

I'm keeping up the facial massage. It takes about 6 minutes and I'm enjoying the time to myself.

Have a good day all.:)
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I returned to work as a cleaner yesterday. I was able to do some unscheduled 'deep cleaning' as the students had not yet returned to the Sixth Form College I work at.

I lost a pound in weight since yesterday, so now that I am back at work, I will naturally eat less, eat healthier and will get lots of exercise from my job. I did gain far too many pounds over the long holiday I had, but was not surprised as I was constantly overeating all the things I would usually eat in moderation.

I am turning 55 in April and I am planning on having a birthday party, so I need to start taking better care of myself as I want to look the best I can for this event.
  • Babe1
    Babe1 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many Thanks Chanie re the Purederm - found one on ebay so going to give it a try - some gruesome photos on Amazon!!

Clippy_Girl - I must get this done by the end of the week, although as I am seeing my sisters I may ask one of them to try the thin cotton and see how that goes first. Shall report back.

Sugarbaby - well done you on weight loss. I am 55 this year too - I really am determined to look more polished :)

Maman - do you have a link for the facial massage?I really could do with stepping up my facial regime.

XX
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Babe1 wrote: »
    Many Thanks Chanie re the Purederm - found one on ebay so going to give it a try - some gruesome photos on Amazon!!

Clippy_Girl - I must get this done by the end of the week, although as I am seeing my sisters I may ask one of them to try the thin cotton and see how that goes first. Shall report back.

Sugarbaby - well done you on weight loss. I am 55 this year too - I really am determined to look more polished :)

Maman - do you have a link for the facial massage?I really could do with stepping up my facial regime.

XX

Here it is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2gVAGITIA

hex, put me on to it last week and I'm enjoying it.

Really enjoyed my facial and massage, very relaxing. While I was out I called in and got my nails done too. I had them cut short and a red polish. I liked the feel of the salon and prices aren't bad so I'll go back.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've had quite a nice day with the children. We went to Ikea and the children went to the creche whilst I had a free cuppa (very MSE). Then we went go the library to borrow some books. Although I was casually dressed, I wore some bronzed and lippy.

I now have a Weightwatchers pack, but I need to go through it properly. I tried a couple of new foods today:
    Chia seed chocolate pudding: I mixed chia seeds with milk, cocoa and honey and it was surprisingly good.
    Edemame noodles: again, much better than I thought they would be.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 January 2017 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Good evening all.

I slept in this morning; pressed the wrong button and turned off my alarm rather than snoozing, so OH's alarm woke me up an hour later - meaning although I got to the office in time I didn't make it to the gym. :o

I'm a bit sore today from the gym yesterday and the run on Monday, so I'll attack myself with the massage ball-stick thing later and that'll hurt but I'll feel so much better afterwards. The chiro almost had me in tears last time I was there (a personal record for him, I think) but I feel so much better once the knots are worked out so I'm trying to stop them building up in the first place.

I also have some skin tags that I'd like removing, and I have considered asking Mom to tie them with cotton for me but I worry too much about what OH would think. I already reduce my chances of nookie when I put my face/lip stuff on at night as it makes my face greasy. :rotfl:

ETA I found the app I used to use as a to do list - it's called SeizeTheDay which feels fitting. Just re-installing it now. I'll aim to add a new habit every month :)
  • scottish_lassy
    Options
    Evening all

Feeling guilty now that I don't have a foot care routine!!!! is that something I'm supposed to be doing? It's hard enough doing the bits that are on view to the public!
    Perfumed and earinged today!!! Looked through all my creams/lotions that require to be used and also need to treat myself to some new underwear (urgently). Planning to dye eyelashes this weekend (another 'beautifying product' found and needs used). Aims for next week when I return to work
    Go to zumba class
    use perfume
    wear earings
    de-fuzz legs.

Fab-on ladies.
    :rotfl:
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the facial massage, maman and hex - I've had a go at it while putting some night cream on and I'll try to make it a regular thing; I'm conscious of wanting to firm up certain areas on my face so hope this helps.
    I've treated myself in the last few days to a new hairdryer and electric curlers - my hair is thick and my old hairdryer took so long to dry it so I got a nice new powerful one; I'll use the curlers now and again for a change- just for some soft wavy curls if I can master them!
    I've also bought a new perfume which I love, and a cleanse and polish cleanser so I'm feeling very pampered and a bit naughty!
    I'm tempted by the foot peel treatment but don't like the thought of all the skin coming off! I might try an electric pedi first!
    Scottish lassy have you dyed your lashes before? Is it very fiddly?
    Sorry I haven't responded to everyone but I have read all the posts - very tired tonight so I'm about to go to bed. Night all.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Feeling guilty now that I don't have a foot care routine!!!! is that something I'm supposed to be doing? It's hard enough doing the bits that are on view to the public!

If you aren't that bothered about your feet for now, then don't feel guilty about them. My foot routine is pretty simple. I have a micropedi, which is basically the beauty version of an electric sander. I use it to remove dry skin from my feet, I moisturize and paint my toe nails.
  • ANDR£W
    ANDR£W Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all & happy new year.
    This is my first post,I couldn't find a newbie forum sorry to hijack the thread.
    Anyway my names Andy & I'm from Croydon Surrey...
    ANDR£W
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family