PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread post xmas 27 Dec

Options

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Honey Bear I got some slippers for christmas. I was secretly pleased that I got them as a present so I don't have to go out to buy my own
    :rotfl:

lynnejk karchering as a daily :eek: wow I am super impressed.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How lovely to "see" Piggers - and that must've been a labour of love getting everyone in the same place for the photo! :D

HB Slippers? Really? :o I am still stubbornly going barefoot at home - as does Mr LW these days, and he no longer gets athlete's foot. :T

This week is revolving around Sasha's needs; she's a real sweetheart.

RANT ALERT
    Also got Mr LW to go and find out what the GP surgery are playing at with my meds. I went to do a repeat script request last night online, and only seven of the eight items were listed - the one missing was, of course, one I needed to order.
    It transpires there's a new NHS "law" (as the receptionist put it) that the clerks aren't allowed to print out requests for controlled drugs, only the Doctors can do that, so henceforth I have to put my request for morphine in the free text box under the tick-boxes.
    The receptionist also told Mr LW that they'd had no end of complaints about it.
    Of course, it was beyond the wit of man to put a note to that effect on the tick-box page; I know not everyone is on controlled drugs, but they could have said something like "Please note if you are on a controlled drug, from X date you will need to ask for it in the free text box" and people not affected would know it didn't apply to them. Or is that too logical?? :mad:
    I spent all night fretting that they were going to suddenly stop my morphine. :mad:
    /RANT OVER

Anyways, Mr LW has done a super job of dusting the lounge - we're winging it this week, with Sasha here, but hopefully back to a semblance of normal (or what passes for normal here) once the [STRIKE]tat[/STRIKE] lovely decorations come down; this traditionally happens on New Years Day in our house. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry your meds were messed up LW. It must have been very worrying to think they were being stopped.

Not much flying here. I'm more bitting and bobbing (and napping).
    Feeding the family seems endless in the holidays. I would like to go all inclusive on my own for a week.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    dancemum wrote: »
    Feeding the family seems endless in the holidays. I would like to go all inclusive on my own for a week.

Couldn't have put it better myself dancemum - if I'm not preparing meals and snacks I'm clearing up after them!

Feet up now, DH is supervising kids tea as I cooked it :p Did a really successful binbag dance earlier and now have a bagful to drop off at the charity shop tomorrow. DD has parted with some cuddly toys - hurrah - and some more linen has left the building.

Have lovely evenings all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been to sainsbobs. Have a new pair of sheets and a new pair of pillowcases. Bought basa fillets to make fish pie for me and DS, so froze half the fish and prawns for next time. :money:
    DS complained there wasnt enough fish but two whole fillets plus prawns tell me otherwise. Have also bought a desperately-needed new frying pan.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2016 at 8:53AM
    Options
    Productive day here after yesterday. I thought I had posted late yesterday but can't see it now but essentially I spent most of the day asleep so nothing done but today has been better. Was up and out for blood test at 9 then we went to waitrose in the next town for a game pie that they didn't have but got an alternative and some other bits plus a delivery from Mr S ready for tomorrow. House has been hoovered top to bottom and dusting and other bits and pieces done. Need to do a quick scrub of the bathroom in the morning then everything will be ready for DH family get together.
    I can't remember what I have read 're posts so apologies but it was great to 'see' pigpens lovely post.

That's it for now bed is calling
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok. Almost over the finishing line of 2016.

No flying here this morning but I have walked the dogs. The frost is so thick it crunches under your feet. And I've had to de-ice the car as I'm off to the optician soon and then back to do paid stuff.

Looking forward to a lovely evening at DDs house later.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Aww Pigpen that's lovely. Nice to hear from you, often wonder what you are up to.

Had some sad news yesterday about a family member. Don't know all the facts yet but it was a shock. It's still sinking in.

I was up and awake at 4.30am so have got DHs accounts up to date, got a load of washing over the airer, off to put some more in. Might take down some of the decs and sort some of the presents out.

DH absolutely full of cold so it will be a quiet day here I think.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi pigpen xxx

Hugs YL xxx

Lost yesterday to sleep, lounging and watching movies, on my own (kids with inlaws till today) I needed it not least because I'd been on the wine the night before with the football mums.

Just had a mouth full of coffee, hiccuped and it's come down my nose :eek::rotfl: yuck.

Was planning on laundry here but burst watermain says no - pressure very low. So I'll tidy the garage / den (again), and maybe even put a few Xmas bits away. I won't take the tree down yet, though.

I will also have a sort through the fridge and I think will make a casserole in the slow cooker for later... Have some chicken, carrots, onions, spuds.

Ooo, must get my planner out, just spotted DD has a party on Monday so need to see if we have a suitable gift or need to go shopping (hope not, I've managed to avoid the shops this week!)

Right! Might start on the casserole first!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Water back on! WM going! Cleaned out piggies, put a load of stuff away, prepped dinner, kids came home - he's watching herbie goes bananas lol not seen that one for years!

Cleaned and restocked fridge, have a bag full of kids stuff from their sleepover to unpack and already I can see clutter mounting up. I never quite finished my km mission, although I did do loads. I've joined a KM challenge group on faceache so will be starting again from scratch - I should be able to find the time this year.

We're not doing anything for new year this time so might just go out for walk / scoot tomorrow. And start decluttering!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family