PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread post xmas 27 Dec

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Hiya Pigpen - great to 'see' you and what a lovely photo :D
    Thanks LW - that made me chuckle

Did dailies - karchering now included :(
    Sucked all the floors bar sitting room - will do t/m
    Bathroom s/s - all I could manage
    All recycling sorted, bagged/boxed and gone- fling yippee
    Started back on Spanish lessons
    I have a dilemma, all the in date food I will take to food bank (does anyone know how much in date it has to be, to be accepted?) What to do with the out of date food, this is MSE so I know I should be eating it up but I am doing the grocery challenge next month and I really want to start a fresh with clean/clear cupboards and only buy what I need for the coming week or two. No more stocking up on food that won't be eaten just because there is an offer on or I think I can do something with it later :o
    If you are doing the GC I would make the most of what you have in stock. Do a meal plan for Jan, using what you have in stock and making a list for anything else you need to buy. Then you will use what you have and save some pennies for later in the year ;)

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons all round as needed
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,808 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Narco me and you both, and given recent events we're probably talking life changing in Valli land.

Changed

DS bed and vacuumed in ther then put TV on and fell aleep so

Not decided what you will get tomorrow but I am now in catch up asbathroom

Still not done
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Up at silly o'clock as DH was noisy getting ready for work and woke the dogs up. So we've already had breakfast.

My plan is to get dressed and clean the bathroom while I'm upstairs. Then walk the dogs when it's light then look at the list before the paid stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all and a big :wave: to Piggers (you are on my "Missing" list too).

Outside right now the sky is gloriously star-studded, which means it is almost certainly freezing again. Brrrrrrrr! I am thankful that it is warm indoors.

Had a lovely day out yesterday with our friend. Another brisk walk up a different hill, lunch at my favourite GC and a visit to the NT Arts & Crafts house. Traffic was light, the views were beautiful, we got a seat by the log fire at the GC, and the house was as beautiful as ever. Home to a good meal out of the SC and a relaxing evening. I could do with more days like that.

The only downside of yesterday was that DH's car battery had given up the ghost overnight (we were able to go out in my car) so that will have to be sorted this morning, if it isn't holding the charge properly - or we shall all be squeezing into my little car to get to the big city for a concert this afternoon, after which our friend is going on home by train. I foresee a trip to MrH this morning for a new battery.

Apart from that, I am having another day off and leaving the flying until tomorrow.

(((Hugs))) to all who want one; spoons and sticks also available if needed. Hope that everyone has a good day and keeps warm, and that children are still enjoying their presents and giving busy mums a chance to put their feet up occasionally xx
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Good Morning All :)

Iona your day sounds lovely, a real tonic for the soul xx
    BM - Good luck today! We live two minutes from Ikea and people often tell me how lucky I am to live so close - I disagree :o

DH off to work and kiddies eating breakfast. DW unloaded and currently doing a cycle with a cleaner thing in. We need to go out this morning but I want to be home for 12 :)

Got some more bedding to wash today, and other than that I am afraid I am going to be a bit of a lazy moo ;) I do have some online jobs and money shuffling to do though, if that counts?

Have super days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your day Ionafan.

Bathroom now clean. Still dark, so a quick look at the list then.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning all - wave for Piggers :wave:

Wrote a long post last night then one of the cats trod on my new Kindle screen and I lost the whole script :mad:

Anyway....still balley cold here -6° again yesterday - lovely NDN came to our rescue and thawed out the frozen water pipes with his hot air gun. Temperature didn't get above freezing all day.

Today we are a positively balmy -4°

Loads done, but CBA this morning. Have a wedding to go to this afternoon and nothing to wear as I'm too fat.

Will catch up properly later xxx
  • Jazee
    Options
    Dizzy, enjoy the wedding.

Just done HHI which will save me a job tomorrow. Dog walk now. Best wrap up warm.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OH is planning a trip into town to do various things so I'm going to join him at the market to see if we can both find ourselves some new slippers. Seriously. When did that happen to me?
    Better is good enough.
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning. Today I have the day to myself before back to work tomorrow. Have been away visiting family so now aiming to get lots of jobs done today. So far WM x 1, TD x 1, DW unloaded, lots of dot to dotting done (why is everything not in the room it should be) and some bitty admin done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure