PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread post xmas 27 Dec

Options

Comments

• Fivebyfive
    Options
    Hi all

Managed to keep up to it all this week with being on holiday

Tuesday Twinkles - kitchen and dining room

Level 1

[STRIKE]Fill a bucket with hot water, detergent and arm yourself with a clean cloth
    Clear the table, wipe cloth/mats
    Clear the sides and wipe down
    Wipe all door handles, switches and sockets
    Fill the sink with water and wash all sink accessories e.g. Drainers. Underneath, too![/STRIKE]

Level 2

[STRIKE]Clean cupboard doors and handles, and drawers. Don't forget to open them and wipe the top edge.
    Wipe tiles and splash backs
    Give appliances, canisters and anything else you keep out a good wipe.
    Put back neatly and put away what you can[/STRIKE].

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Wipe windows and any other glass e.g. Doors
    Sweep and mop floor
    Take mats outside and thwack against wall to dislodge grubbiness[/STRIKE]

Extras

If you're super-organised update Christmas notebook
    Consider starting a Christmas notebook
    Pages would include food to buy/ not buy so make a note of what was wasted.
    A page for gift ideas
    A page of gifts bought inc what you paid and for whom.

HHI
    And look out your most expensive or poshest bubble bath and have a looong soak.

Wishy washy Wednesday bathrooms and en suites

Level 1
    [STRIKE]Scrub the loo(s) inside and wipe them
    Tidy the rooms
    Take out rubbish
    Top up the loo roll stock[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Wipe showers and baths
    Wash the tooth mugs
    Clean shower screens and windows[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Hand basins wipe them outside and degrot
    Polish all taps
    Wipe switches[/STRIKE]
    Mop the floors

Extras
    Change towels
    [STRIKE]Wash mats
    Check stock of cleaning stuff - all the supermarkets will be having offers soon, so stock up
    [/STRIKE]
    Thursday thrill BEDROOM

Level 1
    Open a window to let some fresh air in.
    Close it again! It's freezing!
    Strip the bed and leave to air
    Get a bin bag and collect up any rubbish. In fact bin bag dance through the whole house.
    Clean the window

Level 2
    Make the bed with lovely fresh bedding
    Dust all surfaces and stuff on them

Level 3
    Vacuum/sweep floor
    Wipe over sockets and switches

Extras
    Go through your stock of pencils and pens. Drop any surplus off to chazzers (for use in the shop), churches, pub quizzes etc or bite the bullet and bin them. They are clutter, Valli, clutter!
    HHI
    Check your Toots list - choose o e task and make a start
    Debt =£5,829.57 Aug 17 /£5,598.05 Mar 17/ £6,310.36 Feb 17/ £6,468.06 Jan 17/£6,593.06 Dec 16/ £6,545.36 Nov 16/ £6,886.82 Oct 16
    SPC #037
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2x wm
    Fog and ice here today. We have slid around to the barbers and back.

We returned to find that ds1 had broken the loo. Half hour plumbing later (multi tasking mum) it is fixed. Finger with cyst on bashed and fluid leaking so think it best to start AB as have been in close contact with toilet germs etc.

A few towels in wm now.

Frog phone call made
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pigpen - great to see you posting :D Thanks for sharing the photo - hope everyone is doing ok xx

Valli and Narco - me too; I know I'm fat but I was rather offended by the idea that I count as middle-aged!!! Currently looking for a SW group to rejoin.

List updated - thinking about heading into town this afternoon as it's likely to be quieter than tomorrow or Saturday . . . . .

Tuesday Twinkles - kitchen

Wipe windows and any other glass e.g. Doors
    Vacuum floor

Wishy washy Wednesday - bathroom

Scrub the loo(s) inside and wipe them
    Tidy the room
    Take out rubbish
    Wipe bath
    Clean windows
    Hand basins wipe them outside and degrot
    Polish all taps
    Mop the floors

Thursday thrill BEDROOM

Get a bin bag and collect up any rubbish. In fact bin bag dance through the whole house.
    Clean the window
    Make the bed with lovely fresh bedding
    Dust all surfaces and stuff on them
    Vacuum floor
    Wipe over sockets and switches
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Just checking in with a brew :)

Popped out with kiddies for an hour this morning to a local charity to do some volunteering, then home to collect the dog. Had a beautiful walk in the woods behind our house, then home for lunch. Kiddies are watching Monsters Inc and the TD is going with our bedding in it.

When I've finished my cuppa I must clean and lay the fire ready for tonight, then I am going to put my feet up - if I don't force myself to sit down I won't stop until kiddies go to bed and that's just no good.

Dizzy - enjoy the wedding. I am currently wearing my PJ bottoms with my comfy oversized cardie. I daren't even try my jeans on, I have eaten and drunk exactly what I wanted for basically all of December :o

xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely picture Pigpen; I miss you not being on here.

ATB definitely sit down and relax and yay to PJ trousers and comfy cardigans!!

Dizzy brrrr makes me shiver thinking of it being -4. Hope you find something to wear for the wedding.

Iona what a lovely day you had; I think we should definitely all have one day where you do something nice like that.

WM been on and washing hung up, tidied up, vacuumed upstairs, did a binbag dance and filled a whole bag with ease. Also booked parking for next few rugby matches - anyone else use the JustPark website? It's really good! Off for a walk shortly to make the most of the sunshine.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was sat today watching the world go by, and generally dreaming, and piggers popped into my mind..................and what do I find but a photo of you all :wave: trust all are well and going ok. x

Cooked dinner tonight, the 2nd time in 3 weeks, I am in for a shock when I get back and actually have to do 'daily stuff' and go back to work, I won't know what has hit me.

xx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    FivebyFive Thats an impressive done list enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Have done laundry and washing up hokey cokey..but need to do another wash up for some reason. Tonights dinner, veggie meatless loaf. Have declutter all my clothes which wasn't hard as I don't own many 4 dresses and 1 pair of shoes 3 tops to go to swap shop. Will done smallest small next as he seems to have had a growth spurt.

Bedroom doesn't look so bad nice and tidy but does need a sweep/mop and polish today.

Can I ask are people just doing this bits all over list posted, because it's zone 5 this week which Is a bit odd for me as my tree and decs are still up ..no way am I cleaning all under those and replacing them in position ha ha . Have a fab day all x
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Change of plan - J has taken S out for a walk and play Rugby so I've got the house to myself. Doing myself a nice fruit tea, dogs on sofa on blankets and I'm going to sit and sew ...... should get 90 minutes in if I'm lucky. Perfect!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm flitting rather than real flying.
    - went to Body Balance which used barely no calories according to my step tracker, but stretched all sorts of parts that had no intention of being flexible:snow_laug
    - filled bird feeders
    - wandered round garden centre sale; bought a few Christmas cards for next year plus a glittery tree ornament. Decided I needed to be 30 yrs younger and in possession of a large house in the country with a large family to justify buying all the lovely decorations they have. Oh well. Summoned Mr N who works nearby and we had our free coffee/tea.
    - WM on
    - now flitting between rooms as I didn't fully unpack from being away over Christmas and most of yesterday was taken up with a very long assessment. Am currently tidying the bedroom and lounge, and about to start scoring up the assessment so I can cart all the paperwork and books back upstairs.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am going to change bedroom to work on the understairs cupboard of doom :eek::eek::eek: will set the timer and do as much as I can in 30minutes.

Plus kitchen cupboard number 2 part 1 (double cupboard so will split into two days) I have one box for staples I will use, box for foodbank and box for out of date stuff which I will list and mark everything with a 'X' I will try to eat up this month but anything that is left after end of Feb I will just dispose of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure